Well that sucks

>Ethereum wallet provider steals account keys and cashes out

>mybroadband.co.za/news/banking/214178-ethereum-wallet-provider-steals-account-keys-and-cashes-out.html

Other urls found in this thread:

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Ethereumchamber.net
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change
aragonproject.io/
aragon.one/
aragon.network/
reddit.com/r/ethereumfraud/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Theft is illegal. We don’t condone illegal activities. Lol
too bad, lmao

This is one of the main reasons why i dont trust third party wallets like parity or myetherwallet, not even hardware wallets like ledger

they all have backdoors, one way or another

Mist is the only wallet for me DESU

top fucking kek

Lol that's too bad.
Shoulda used an offline wallet, and even then, a malicious offline wallet could use a deterministic scheme which allows them to recreate the private keys elsewhere.

Myetherwallet is open source

>Good Goyim. Don't leave your money in exchange wallets. Put them all in this wallet. We definitely won't steal your keys.

Popular open source wallets are generally safe

Myetherwallet is safe

Ledger is open source too, no?

What's the safest and most practical way to store your money?

You know what's safe? Using a hardware true randomness source or simply dice and creating your own private key on an airgapped computer. Anything less? Not really.

Actually I ordered the ledger nano because of this issue, and I canceled it last week thinking I didn't need it.

MyEtherWallet can probably be hacked. But if you use it through the ledger nano, you won't be hacked. That's good enough reason for me to spend the $70 on it.

That's hilarious. They put juicy j on the homepage now.

EthereumChamber.net

just buy a cheap 2TB drive and run full nodes, don't be a lazy retard.

hahaha

>EthereumChamber.net

kek...

wonder how much they made off with

this, i just bought a laptop for the sole purpose of using it with a linux liveusb (+ windows vm for some shitcoins)
If you have over 10k in crypto, you can at least buy into some preventive measures.

Cache is still up. Was somewhat convincing.

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Ethereumchamber.net

>webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Ethereumchamber.net

MEW clone hehe

gotta be pretty fucken ballsy to ripoff so many people in this space. I know most traders are just fucking retards that managed to stumble in on something great but do you think there's a chance these robbers could get found and shutdown?

no.

t. monero

>EthereumChamber.net

This shit is fucking golden

Left with a fucking bang 3x better than HashOcean

chances of getting caught? i wanna do something like this

>EthereumChamber.net
never heard of it. Was it popular ?

only retards don't use the core wallets on their PCs

>BAT ICO
>core wallet keeps interrupting nodedownloads
>cave in and get a wallet on that POS onlinewallet
>dont even get any BAT
>now my ETH are gone too

fucking pajeets man

Metamask is my main wallet, I didn't have problems with the ICO.

i store almost 100k on bittrex. how retarded is that

>The Ethereum Chamber paid to have press releases pushed through various news organizations advertising its Ethereum compatible wallet. However, sources tell ETHNews that after analyzing the code, they have determined the site where users can generate wallets is stealing the keys that safeguard wallets from unwanted malicious activity.

That's pretty disgusting desu

Once again it's proven that you can't trust any one in the crypto world. Just a bunch of greedy humans looking to steal from others.

>Implying the source on the page is the same on repository
This is how they trick you. They can just straight up lie.

lel you are better at keeping it at the exchange, than at some scamy wallet, that gives you even less protection.

Pretty retarded.

Eth foundation can just fork the coins back to their rightful owners right? It is the bailout coin.

Just download the source and run it from there, you literally only have to unzip it and open the html in your browser.

By the way, PSA for anyone using a single private key for cold storage, be aware that as soon as you send even a tiny fraction of the coins from that private key, it's all gone and the PK is worthless. So at that point you have to make a new PK and put the change in there.
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Change
I don't think a lot of btc people know about this, at least it surprised me when I first heard about it.

It's just like any place else where there's no real enforcement for money except here there's nothing physical and the thugs don't need guns just scripts and cognitive engineering.

1) that is somehow the funniest shit ever

2)that's also pretty terrible, hope no anons were burnt

3)any chance of this shit going on at bitaddress.org? Is anywhere safe???

>ripthedream

Holy fucking kek

I have all my Bitcoin on Multibit. Is that a risk?

>3)any chance of this shit going on at bitaddress.org? Is anywhere safe???
You can run bitaddress locally without an internet connection.

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA

>3)any chance of this shit going on at bitaddress.org? Is anywhere safe???

Bitaddress.org is safe but for extra security you could:

1) Go to bitaddress.org save the page to a usb.
2) Take the usb to a computer not connected to the internet and generate your keys.
3) Print it out to paper and close window.

This will be secure and safe.

Now I wanna get more security for my wallet

Thanks. I knew you could run it offline but thought it might be possible for the page to send the addresses once connection is restored. Doing it this way seems pretty foolproof though

Fucking HOURS just to sync into the damn wallet

FUCKING KEK

Did anyone on Veeky Forums ACTUALLY fall for this shit? This exchange seemed shady since day one.

you are actually retarded

better than getting your lambo money stolen in SECONDS

Myetherwallet is safe. It is client side.

Unless the developers put in some sick scheme which links public to pribate keys with an algorithm which isn't spotted by hundreds of contributors

This is one of the reason i got a nano s. Many on this board are always praising paper wallets buy i guess they dont make many transactions because it would suck to be constantly sweeping keys and printing out new paper wallets. A hardware wallet is worth it for convenience alone.

What's to stop them from changing the website one day and reap up thousands of ETH traded in the few hours it takes for someone to notice?

>EthereumChamber.net
No more lambo, now blue bently

Does there exist a hardware wallet where u can store multiple different coins? I kinda what to get my coins away from bittrex but dont want to download 50 different things fot each coin.

crying

> PSA for anyone using a single private key for cold storage, be aware that as soon as you send even a tiny fraction of the coins from that private key, it's all gone and the PK is worthless.

Wait what? I've been using the same private key for my myethereumwallet paper wallet for like a year and I've done a few transactions.

Nothing really.

It doesn't matter for sending coins into your paper wallet, only for taking out.

Yes I've taken out

Oh also ethereum doesn't use change addresses lol, bitcoin does.

Nano Ledger S

So what does that mean? Do I need to make a new paper wallet? To be honest I think I'me gonna divide up my eth and them in ten different paper wallets.

No, for eth you have nothing to worry about.

Is it that important to generate the wallet offline?

OK then. I still think I'm gonna divide it up and maybe put the papers in a safe box.

To be honest I just have my private key in a note file and I copy paste that shit every day so I can look at my balance's USD value idgaf

So I want to elaborate a bit on how my Stratis-QT wallet got hacked this week.

This week I lost quite an amount of STRAT, I did not really like the Stratis-QT wallet so I looked online for an alternative to HODL my strat on.
After some digging I found a wallet named Exodus and looked at some youtube vids and reviews, it looked easy to use to I'd figured to download the wallet, so I went on google and typed in Exodus wallet, from that point I made the mistake to download a fake wallet from a website called exodusasset.io, the real website was called exodus.io, they both had the exact same layout.
The fake site popped up earlier on my google search and I downloaded the wallet..

I still did not realize that I was downloading a fake wallet, and after the download was done the .exe file wouldn't open, I thought the download had failed and decided to leave it at that and continue to watch the UFC event.

One hour later I recieved a popup from windows in the corner of my screen that I just transferred 99% of my STRAT to some random adress, my heartrate instantly went up and of course I was hoping for a way that I could immediately reverse the payment, but it was already getting processed, I was planning on using this profit to take my mom on holiday to Miami next year.

You check you balance with ether scan io, not by opening your wallet...

(cont)

In the meantime I've also recieved an e-mail from Blockchain that there was an unauthorized login attempt from Romania, I highly doubt it can get through sms 2fa, and also my Reddit account made a thread to promote a fake wallet, so I started fearing that my Misc account and social media would create random posts as well, luckily that did not happen.

After realizing that it was due to the fake wallet, I immediately deleted all the files with WinDirStat, the hacktool got through my Bitdefender and also my Windows defender, and hid under a file called "intel" that was created at the exact time that I downloaded the wallet. I'm planning on doing a clean windows install just in case and change my passwords.
I never installed the wallet as the .exe would not start, but it was able to install itself without me and my virusscanners noticing it, and somehow got hold of my passphrase which I stupidly wrote down in a word document that was on a USB stick to keep track of all my Crypto shit..

It was a very unpleasant experience as you can't really tell with what kind of threat I was dealing with, I have never been hacked in my entire life because i'm always very cautious, but one little mistake can have serious consequences on the internet nowadays, virusses and hackers are evolving rapidly as well.
I have lost quite an amount of sleep these days because of it, a hardware wallet takes at least a month of shipping to recieve, so my faith lies in the SMS verification in the meantime.

Since deleting the virus/hacktool I have had no problems anymore and already got my lost investment back with ETH, I know I dun goof'd but I was completely unaware about fake wallets, so I thought I'd best share it with you guys to know the real danger behind it.

Compile it yourself, brainlette.

Sounds like you downloaded a RAT. Sorry senpai, shit sucks :(

There's a ton of scams right now.

Try to figure out which is the real Aragon:
aragonproject.io/
aragon.one/
aragon.network/

Also run these hack sites through sandboxie or virtualization since they can have malware.

only newfags and ethfags are surprised when another scam happens on ethereum. oldfags know about reddit.com/r/ethereumfraud/

NIGGA I JUST CASHED OUT

has nothing to do with the ethereum protocol