MINING

is it too late to mine?

Other urls found in this thread:

nicehash.com/?p=calc
heatbrowser.com/report.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6eIf3GijdMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

u can make 6euro per day mining alt coins on nicehash with 1080

that's pretty decent if you're running around the clock. how much would such a rig cost?

You can make 5 dollars a day mining ether with an Rx 480 which is cheaper than a 1080. Card pays for itself within two months. Add another month to pay for the CPU, mobo and PSU and you're turning a profit after 3-4 months, sooner if the price of ether goes up.

>power is free

This is only if you can find one at a decent fucking price. Also do your own research cmon. Whattomine.com

Rip Nicola tesla

Currently mining 1 ether a day with a combined 1000mh/s.
Pay 0.1eth on electricity/day

>not investing in a solar panel for your miner

kek

You make back the cost of electricity in less than a day

>Currently mining 1 ether a day with a combined 1000mh/s.

how?

im going to google how to into this. sounds profitable and fun.

Would it be a good idea to buy upper end, cheap second hand graphics cards off of PCbro's?

>thinking that solar can power a mining op

kek

This guy is lying. If it were that easy/efficient, everyone would be doing it and it would go back to being not as profitable. You seriously believe this guy is making $1600/week profit by mining?

>not /neet/ with free power

He could very well be making that much, but his initial investment must have been huge

>This is what lazy commies think
Lmaoing at your life

By the way, if anyone want's one built, talk to me. I sell them to get more margin for my own rigs.

so how did you do it my man?

What would a fully set up rig cost? Asking for a friend.

PCBros aren't so bro when it comes to selling Radeons my man. I'm slangin rx580s at 200% profit on eBay for a few days now. Just FYI.

what parts do you guys use?

a 200mh 1000W rig will cost you 2700€
Pays for itself in 3-4 months considering eth value doesen't change.

Is it wisest to mine altcoins at this point? Also how do you guys mine?

Is it worth it to build a cheap mining rig, say around $400?

And you can leave it in our warehouse mining for you at reduced costs and maintenance assured.
This business is based on trust, so I usually only sell to people who can phisically talk to me and go see the instalation.

>I'm slangin rx580s at 200% profit on eBay for a few days now. Just FYI.

brah why the fuck dont i have a side bussiness. i NEED to stop being such a low iq retard and get a hustle.

how can i start 'slangin' shit for 200% profit?

400 will barely get you a good gpu, how do you plan on a buying a whole 400 rig?

Just buy broken computer from normie and change gpu.

I have a 2 year old gaming PC that I got from a gamer friend, he only said that I have to upgrade the video card so I thought I maybe can chuck in a rx 480.

But I know nothing about mining so I thought I ask first.

Say I want to get a 2000$ rig. Would it be wisest to make it myself? What GPU/CPU should I get? What OS should I use? I have free electricity so the rig will pay for itself much quicker. By following mining profits I think I could get around 5-7 dollars a day.

If you have free electricity you could easily get 5-7 dollars a day without spending $2000 on a rig. Just get average hardware with a 1070 or something

With the hardware I currently have I could get around 2 dollars a day while hamstringing my only computer. That wouldn't be productive at all

What are you talking about? When did I say anything about you mining with your current rig? Also, spending $2000 on a brand new rig is also
not productive.

What would you recommend then? And what would its price be? What is the most I should spend on a rig?

Is nicehash a good way for a noob to get started?

I recommend literally what I said in my original response.

>If it were that easy/efficient, everyone would be doing it

1000Mhs worth of hardware would cost you at least 10K USD and he's probably drawing at least 12KW contentiously.

I just bought $50k of mining hardware to add to the monero network. Will most likely add another $50k in two weeks time.

>126 kw of heat

Eh...

Electricity can really kill you if you live in a big city. Rural areas typically have cheaper electricity (less then 10 cents per kwh).

The free electricity meme is just that, a meme. Just because you have free electricity in your dorm room or apartment, it's probably behind a 15AMP or 20AMP 110v circuit so you will have issues running more than 1 piece of mining equipment without tripping the breaker.

GPU's are overpriced at the moment. Same with Higher watt PSU's and motherboards that can run 6 or 7 GPU's at once. You are going to pay a premium to build a mining rig that may be obsolete in 6 months.

ebay is your friend, you can buy cheap dell i5 desktops which were used for offices

still profitable when including power costs? i got a nice pc gaming setup ready to mine.

Depends on your rig obviously. An Rx 480 rig will probably draw 350 watts, probably less. Should be profitable as long as you don't pay more than 40 cents per KWh. If you're in the 10-20 cent range, you'll be making 3-4 dollars a day. If you're using two cards, you'll obviously double your income.

>each rig takes 970w
>a solar panel can produce 280w
>4 panels per rig
>buy a warehouse in the desert and cover the roof in solar panels
>wind power for night-time
Now you're thinking with hashes

I have an old gaming PC with this setup :

MSI N660 TF 2GD5/OC
AMD Phenom II X4 965
OCZ ZS550W
Cooler Master K350
LG GH24NS70
ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX
Seagate ST1000DM003 1 TB
ADATA 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit

Is it any good go mine or should i just throw it away ?

One thing people rarely take into account when mining is the heat produced by a mining rig.
In the summer your A/C bill is going to be through the roof, and even in the winter you'll need some fans to keep air circulating.
Obviously if you're just running 1 or 2 GPUs as a side thing this isn't going to be a problem, but for 10+ GPU rigs the expenses can really increase.

so who wants to contribute the capital for our coinfarm?

nicehash.com/?p=calc

yes

not really, you lower the tdp to 70% and the card runs at 60c. You lose 15% performance but don't die

I mine .1 eth a day with 6 1060s which costs 70 a month in electricity. So I would need 10 of those which would be roughly 13k and then 700 a month for electricity. It would take 4 days to mine electricity costs then the rest is roi or gambling on the shitcoin market. Roi would be about 2 months at current market price. Seems worth it

This is a linear investnent, no economy of scale. You do it solo.

I think you're overestimating the 1060 or you're getting then very cheap.

All the oldfags don't mine now, just stake!

heatbrowser.com/report.html

Can do on any shitty laptop

You can get them for like 180 bucks. I'm not overestimating cause that's exactly what I make with 6. They are very capable cards with the right balance of overclock

Where do you get those for 180?

Use the plugs at work to power your btc mining operation

pimp the system niqqa
youtube.com/watch?v=6eIf3GijdMA

Amazon

Is there really no shitcoin that's easy to mine? FFS I tried mining Theresa May coin and the pool owner told me I better get an ASIC for that.

I don't want to make any profit immediately by mining, I just want to get a metric ass load of some shitcoins, so I can make a few bucks when (if) they spike.

Nope.

Not if u mean real mining and not scams ran by shitlord mods and faggots.

how do i start this?

Mining? Decide what currency to mine, download appropriate mining software, find a pool and run it. Though having decent hardware is the only real thing you really need.

>Rx 480
Literally no where is selling these. They went out of stock weeks ago worldwide. AMD GPUs are next to impossible to find without paying 2x RRP for a second hand card on eBay.
If anything, it's an indicator that buying up AMD stock is a mighty fine idea right about now.

Did that