Veeky Forums map thread

>Veeky Forums map thread

Post interesting maps of interesting history

>Empire goes over the Rhine

I feel like Napoleon had a nice Western Roman Empire going but he ruined it by ruling over G*rmans directly instead of indirectly.

I can't decide if this is great because of all the local control or horrible because of all the political disunity

im waggin to this

What caused Europe to shrink so much?

"free"

my last map.

>every single fucking map of Austria-Hungary people post is the ethnic one
Meh. Here's a literacy map instead.

>tfw not on the map

>California nuked to oblivion
At least something good would come out of it

turbopleb tier

Thanks bb, never thought of looking at the literacy rate in AU. I just find the whole ethic map of AU really interesting as it contains so much different groups and how politics are affected by are easily seen in those maps. Just having all that culture clash in a time of rising nationalism helps put AU issue way more into light. Such as Italians in the west causing tension with Italy, the whole serb population, and Romanians in the country really show how other countries would have tension with them. It also give light to AU foreign policy in some light and why it failed in others, such as allying Italy despite having a large Italian population that would cause tension with them.

Congratulations!

You have won: Cancer
You'll receive: Painful dysentery and horrific vomitting

Not if I shoot myself first!

Industry map

Religion

you're quickly becoming my least hated poster on Veeky Forums, got more of this maps?

very interesting

Here's interwar

why is that map in two languages
weird

nice, my collection of ethnic groups in the balkans is expanding quite nicely.

>Serbs in Western Bulgaria

>by Prof. Cvijic

Ah, that explains a lot. Here's another gem.

seeing how big Germany was pre WWI i am perplexed as to why they ever wanted to go to war and lose everything.

It's shaded, as in it's not clear, hard to distinguish.
Still it's the most accurate map i've found when it comes to Albanians, and religious population of Yugoslavs.

The vicinity of Vidin is not shaded my man, that city was under siege until the end of the war and the locals did not give in. And Southern Morava was called Bulgarian Morava (). Although the local dialects in Western Bulgaria are closer to the central part of the Balkans than to the eastern, the ethnicity is not to be argued.

The war being the Serbo-Bulgarian one in 1885.

Oh boy, my favorite

>bitching about a 10% german city that voted to join denmark

Plate teutonics

Germany was big, but Russia was bigger and on a fast track to modernisation. Whatever their exact intentions were in 1914 the fact was that in their view Germany's time as Europe's pre-eminent continental power was fleeting and if there was a great war further down the line instead of at a time of their choosing Germany would be at the mercy of France and Russia.

Really made me think

This.

Also this.

These numbers look completely wrong. As someone who lives in France, I very very rarely see obese people. I absolutely cannot believe that almost 25% of adults are obese in France.

That's what it is according to WHO, at best it's a couple % lower. Your own experience won't necessarily reflect the statistics. It varies quite heavily by region, age group, etc. I wouldn't really believe my country's numbers either if I just went by the experiences I have living in the city and going to uni, but it becomes more believable when I factor in the more rural, working class area I'm from originally where letting yourself go is a lot more normal, even for people in their 20s but especially for middle aged people.