Tfw your life sucks so much you've decided to give up on atheism and take the leap of faith

>tfw your life sucks so much you've decided to give up on atheism and take the leap of faith.
>tfw life is instantly a million times groovier

Praise Jesus.

god forgives even your retarded approach

I'm sincerely happy for you OP.

Praise Jesus!

>tfw to intelligent for atheism

honestly im just in my church becuase I have no other friends, im more of a pantheist and I dont think jesus would like being synonymous with god.

I'm more comfortable with Jesus being God than God being God because Jesus was one of histories paragons of morality and virtue while the Old Testament God is a bit of a dick who ordered people to murder scores of children for kicks.

i like new testament god much better, but I hate the fact that mary, a human, birthed a god. Way too pagen for my tastes.

mary was born without original sin

that doesnt make any sense either.

>Exalting a human
It's getting Pagan in here.

Catholics don't worship Mary but she is afforded a special place because she is the only human who has ever lived who was born and died without sin. Kind of a big deal.

the whole point was God becoming human and experiencing the human condition, wasn´t it?

She didn't. Come visit my adoptionist church, brother

Kind of. Mostly to walk in a mans footsteps to show man Gods will by example. Jesus nature as a man was important to show men they could follow his example, you can't follow the footsteps of a God because the nature of God is completely foreign to us, we can't even comprehend it let alone try to emulate it

Yeah, but making that big of a deal out of a human is pretty idolatrous.

>Mary
>born and died without sin

nope nope nope, on top of that using the "Queen of heaven" title (reserved for goddess worship) not to mention , Not to mention numerous 'miracles' of the Madonna bleeding from the eyes (very Satanic desu) and Vagina worship (very popular among Pagans)...the list goes on....

I thought god was a guy lounging in the clouds pointing at things, and then His will happens.

>she is the only human who has ever lived who was born and died without sin.

Where does it say that in the Bible? Oh wait that's right, it doesn't say that anywhere because the immaculate conception and assumption of the virgin were Roman fanfic invented hundreds of years later!

Really activates my almonds.

How? How can you just, decide to believe? Aren't you LARPing? Is your belief true, or do you still know, in the back of your mind, that you're kidding yourself?

>"we Catholics don't worship Mary!"
>"it's not worship, it's veneration, which is totally different!"

As a former Catholic, I can tell you it's just idiot semantics: for all purposes, Mary is worshiped as a deity in her own right. Think of it as the dynamic with the Olympian Gods: sure, Zeus is King of the Gods and the head honcho, but all the other gods are still apportioned their share of worship and glorification.

>inb4 "P-Proddie!"

Not even a Christcuck anymore, so choke on it.

>former Roman becomes a furry

Really made me think.

>as if there's anything wrong with worshipping the divine mother
If you're not a protacuck or zealously opposed to any religious expression I'd like to see if you think so.

>divine
>mother

Hahaha

>Is your belief true
That is a meaningless statement, belief and truth are two sides of the same invisible, imaginary coin.

More than a million.

Praise Jesus indeed.

I don't believe you. Also this is not Veeky Forums related. No, it's not even humanities.

>Socrates and the charge of impiety
At 26b, Socrates inquires about the "terms of the indictment" against him, asking Meletus whether it is Socrates' alleged teaching the young "to believe in new deities instead of the gods recognized by the state" which allegedly corrupts the minds of the young. Meletus allows that this "is precisely" what he maintains. Of course, much could be made and has been made here about Meletus' claiming that it is Socrates' impiety that corrupts the young. In particular, if one takes this to mean that Socrates' impiety is the ONLY thing that Meletus takes to be Socrates' corrupting influence then making a case for Socrates' innocence is rendered a much tidier matter, for one need only argue that Socrates makes a convincing case for his not being impious. More importantly, such a reading seems to threaten my claim that Socrates' practicing of his elenchus provides the jurors with sufficient grounds to find him guilty of corrupting the young.

>tfw too intelligent to not be a metaphysical naturalist