Could the 2017 Bundaswher match the 1938-1945 Wehrmacht in equivalent combat capability for the time period?

Could the 2017 Bundaswher match the 1938-1945 Wehrmacht in equivalent combat capability for the time period?

Other urls found in this thread:

abendblatt.de/politik/ausland/article107314674/Das-Zielfoto-das-einen-US-Admiral-wuetend-machte.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What? No.

>the current German military has 400 tanks and a handful of artillery pieces
they'd get steamplowed alas France in 1940

>21st century army vs WW2 era army
gee, i wonder

The entire structure of the Wehrmacht was destroyed and along with it the 500 year old military tradition of the Prussian general staff and officer corps.

The Bundaswher is like a policeforce filled with little manlets who probably wouldn't even follow orders to attack something because of fear of being labeled Nazis.

I guarantee that the german army of today is a complete joke and if anybody wanted too completely conquer Germany could do so in a matter of a few weeks with very little resistance at all.

>muh glorious preussiums grossgermaniums tradition
>gets wrecked in both world wars looking for trouble like an angry insecure autist

Your reading comprehension is lacking

read a little too quickly, buddy

>Germany has 400 MBTs
>Poland has 1200 MBTs
[nervous laughter]

what did they mean by this

if any of those handful Germans gets attacked then America swoops in and saves them

no point in having a huge capable military when your ally is a superpower

This, dying in wars is beneath us Europeans, we have americans for that.

>500 year old military tradition
>chimp out twice and get busted open both times

We always show up in the last year of your little European wars to kick ass and take names. Dying is for the French.

A lot of Wehrmacht officers that survived the war enlisted in the Bundeswher fuckboy. Even the minister of defence that rebuilt the army, Theodor Blank, had served during ww2

>waaah why does Trump want to bail on euros who won't commit to their militaries
I don't even support the man but you two are despicable.

Shut the fuck up and go get blown up by an IED in some nondescript desert country, Yank.

Considered that some experts have observation that, ironically, out of three main Axis Powers in WW2, the one with the best current military is Italy, I suspect that an upgraded Wehrmatch would win against current German military.

T. 7th generation 1/16th german-american

Do we even know how a modern Wehrmacht-combat-capability-equivalent would look like?
I say no.

Who knew Europe was a desert?

I'm not saying they should take the chance, but come on, we'd all laugh if we saw the map afterwards.

You mean like 1940 when the Wehrmacht had only about 650 tanks that were likely to stand up to the ~3000 allied.
Just that the allies didn't know the importance of personal radios or concentrated tank forces.
Do you know how a modern war would look like?
What the importance of tanks would be?

>a single Nimitz aircraft carrier holds 85-90 jet fighters
>there's only 67 active jet fighters in ALL of Germany

What in the fuck is wrong with Germany?

my family fought for the Germans in the war actually mate. Not that its relevant at all.

nice aircraft carrier you have there. would be a shame if something happened to it...

Our military is woefully underfunded and hampered by the constraints the allies put in place after WW2 (no general staff etc. )

That being said :

I recently read an article where it was pointed out that Flattops are incredibly vulnerable against submarines.

Read Kampfkraft, van Crefeld is a jew so certainly not biased towards the Wehrmacht. To deny high effictivity and military Tradition of the wehrmacht is retarded.

Please go back to /pol/

>I recently read an article where it was pointed out that Flattops are incredibly vulnerable against submarines.
You'd be sort of right if said flat tops were operating by themselves and without its ASW assets. However, the chances of that ever happening are as slim as the fourth reich coming back to erth from their secret moon base.

>I recently read an article where it was pointed out that Flattops are incredibly vulnerable against submarines.
They are.... when you know exactly where it will be at a given time and can sit on the bottom waiting for it with everything powered off.

Or when NONE of the battlegroup uses active sonar.

In reality, subs a shit.

Not that versed in Naval Warfare tbqh.

What about guided rockets and stuff ? I guess the battle groups have decent defense systems?

Please go back to rëddit

>could x beat y with equivalent combat capability
why did you even ask retard

Carrier have aircraft. With missiles.

Carrier sits out of range of land based faggotry, launches aircraft, aircraft flies away and kills you. IF the aircraft, is detected, you may shoot it down. Carrier will happily sit out of range.

That's ignoring that it's actually absurdly hard to find them. The ocean is a very big place.

>Bundaswher

samefag

That photo user posted is an actual picture from 2007. U33 wasn't detected.
abendblatt.de/politik/ausland/article107314674/Das-Zielfoto-das-einen-US-Admiral-wuetend-machte.html