Philosophically speaking what reasons are there to not kill oneself?

Philosophically speaking what reasons are there to not kill oneself?

its unknowable what happens when u r kill.. qed dont

>you're gonna die anyway, why hasten it
>suffering is finite and overcomeable
>death is not an escape
>can never reach your full potential
>can never help others reduce their suffering
>can't experience beauty and good
etc

Find some escapist autistic thing to escape to and stay in that hole until you die

>reasons
none, except maybe we're not smart enough to have figured them out

also emotions and generally biological drives, which is OK

Because I think I've had enough of this life and would rather not finish the rest.
It's totally not overcomeable though. Suffering is inescapable and any time you think it's over you're bound to just find even more of it than you left behind.

It is finite though, but only as finite as life itself.
>death is not an escape
It is tho. From what we understand by dying you cease to feel or perceive anything ergo you've negated all past, present and future suffering.
I don't really want to anymore anyway.
This is true. But the only way for them to fully do that is to also kill themselves which is a choice that only they can make for themselves.
I don't really want to. Everything that appears to be good just opens up a Pandora's box of more suffering.

There are more productive ways to sacrifice yourself than reducing your existence to nothing more than inert mass. If you feel your life isn't worth living, make sacrifices for the sake of others and your life will become rich

But other people are insufferable assholes and that's one of the largest reasons why not being alive is very appealing.

also a reason to kys yourself now
>death is not an escape
it defs is

Op gib monies b4 die plz

look up the four noble truths. if you have nothing to lose study it for a bit and pay attention to 3 and 4. these will refute all your refutations.

have you been diagnosed with anything btw? or do u suspect you have depression or anxiety disorders?

>four
>noble
>truths

I have autism but nothing diagnosed besides that.

nice

besides that little project you now have, maybe go see a psychologist? i got a lot of help from being diagnosed. i was in a shit place but am now very happy. if it doesn't work you can always go through with your initial plan, but give it a shot first please.

What reasons are there to? Might as well just keep on trucking along. There are some pleasures to be had in life, death is literally nothing. I'd rather not cut my existence short needlessly.

If you're arguing from a position where committing sudoku is the default, philosophy is not your problem. It's brain chemistry.

HAMLET: To be, or not to be--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
No more--and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--
To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprise of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action. -- Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remembered.

Go get laid, hire a prostitute if you have to. Do this more then once. You will feel better, I promise.

I've already tried it.

Strange people touching me doesn't feel good at all, it feels really uncomfortable and awkward.

This is rather hypocritical. Your life is seemingly worthless to you, and yet you imply that others don't deserve it? It's not your station to judge others. You are imperfect as all life is imperfect. Rather than allowing others to fail to meet your expectations, expect nothing and simply give. I'm not suggesting you make yourself a doormat for others, but giving of yourself to others, and not only people, but any life, can bring richness to you. I used to have suicidal ideation quite regularly, but I decided that instead of literally killing myself for my sake, I'd figuratively kill myself for the sake of others. I protect bugs, feed animals, I pick up litter, patiently listen to the most desperate man's ravings, express kindness towards even those who would wish me harm. It has brought me a great deal of happiness and contentment, just being alive to make space for others. Perhaps it could do the same for you.

I still look forward to death, but there is much work to be done in this life. I don't see the value in leaving it early.

>Your life is seemingly worthless to you, and yet you imply that others don't deserve it?
When did I say that?

It's just that other people only make me want to kill myself even more. My problem isn't that they don't "deserve" life, it's that we all exist and I'd quite like to go away.

Do you think it could be the people you are surrounding yourself with? Or do you find your perception to extrend to all people?

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant that you seem to imply that others don't deserve YOUR life. You don't seem to want it, why not give it to others? You could end it, and give it once. Or make sacrifices for others, and give it a thousand times.

Whatever you choose to do, user, I hope you find peace in your lifetime. I know the burden of life can be difficult to bear, but with some luck you might find a way to appreciate it

I find I've really started feeling this way since I started working at a call centre.

At this point everyone has kind of blended into a big hostile blob. Even with people I know well there's a couple of traits I have a hard time ignoring that seem to have become very pronounced in everyone.

It may be hasty to assume your problems start and end at your job, but maybe being employed somewhere else could be a good start.
At a call center you are constantly exposed to some of the more negative parts of humanity and perhaps all this exposure could be getting to your mental psyche. Just an idea

>Here's some random metaphysics that refute your refutations because I believe so without any evidence whatsoever

Looool

Because empathy, how would you feel if your mother killed herself?

What's the reason to kill yourself?

Robs you of the chance of redemption

The only reason I've lasted those last 10 years is that I don't want to make my family feel bad

It's not pretty to live like that, I'm telling you

Why not?

Sometimes it is, sometimes it's not. What do you lose by ending it quickly?

>death is not an escape
It literally is

Why does this even matter? Who cares?

See above

Why do you care when you'll be dead

I second this. OP, you sound depressed. No argument against suicide will convince you and in order to even start thinking in terms of metaphysical consolation, ethics, what have you, about the possible way out of the hole you're in you'll have to go see a therapist and/or take medication.

Take my advice, please.

Radical freedom. That is, if you don't feel like it, just don't do it.

To see what would happen if you didn't. Wanting to die gives you a sort of freedom that makes things interesting if it doesn't alleviate the pain.

At least try heroin first.

This, treat your symptoms first, philosophize later. Your thinking is clouded, besides being a danger to your well being, you are not able to see death for what it is either.
It's not eternal piece, or rest, or a better alternative to living. It's pulling the plug and throwing any chance for meaningful experiences in the trash.
It's nothingness. If you've got nothing going for you, at least go tell a professional you have suicidal ideation. Nothing to lose, right? Might as well try one more thing before you decide to say fuck it.
Maybe with treatment you'll recognize some meaning to your existence, right now you are thinking in black and white static.
Take it from someone who's had success in what I'm telling you.

You have to affirm your suffering; as Nietzsche put it:

"If we affirm one single moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed"

In other words, don't be gay

DO

WHAT

YOU

ENJOY

We would not be as philosophical if we gave up early...not that I wouldn't take an easy out away from all my retarded classmates and their retarded autistic kids that can't focus on crossing the street they're so damaged. Doesn't help that most parents don't care if their kids suicide or overdose.