Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ucCJ_Vn58w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>weni widi wiki
>kikero

>ashkenazi jews
>Nazi
Really makes you think

Classical Latin had a hard 'k' sound for c and the ae dipthong sounded like "eye", so I guess Cicero really is said like that

> kaiser
> not czar

It would be Keekero, not Kikero

>Virgil/Vergilius
>Ware-gilley-us

>Vespasian
>Wess-posse-on-us

JUST

Latin pronunciation was a mistake

anglos pendejos

Gaius Julius Caesar = GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR in Classical Latin orthography

Pronounced GAH-yoos YOO-lyoos KAH-EH-sar

Caius not Gaius, it would be CAIVS

>anglo education

Well is it true or not?

Damn...

Latin has changed significantly over the millennia but these are the correct pronunciations for the end of the Republic and early Empire

Damn

>he doesn't speak the latin dialect of the early 19th century austro-hungarian state.
get on my level pleb. we wuz romans n shiet

>caesar is pronounced tsee-sar

>subhuman education

This genuinely bothers me. Why did English and French see the need to change these people's names? My native Dutch didn't. We still say Vergilius, Vespasianus, Priamos, Odysseus, etc. I mean, when John goes to France people don't start calling him Jean.

>Ingliš langueč
>meiking sens

Pik oan

youtube.com/watch?v=7ucCJ_Vn58w

Cos we're dominant alphas who don't have cucked languages.

>weni widi wiki

More like: "ἦλθον, εἶδον, ἐνίkησα"

I refuse to believe this. You're telling me all the Romance-speaking peoples got it wrong, but Germanic "scholars" got it right?
Fuck right off.

Who's got cases?

Wow, another nationalistic pleb who has no idea what he's talking about.

I dealt with a lot of you guys in my Greek class. I had no idea someone could be so butthurt about changes in language.

>plebs speaking butchered latin
>anything right

This is what Italians actually believe.
>They are from the part of the world I don't like, so their research has no merit cause I don't like them

>all these fucking idiots with muh hurr durr anglo pronunciation
>actually how these words were said in classical latin

it disgusts me when anglos try to speak latin

The problem is English.

Contrary to most European languages, English was subject to a very big vowel shift - and relatively late, too.

Feels good almost not having to learn any Latin pronounciation because my language is pronounced almost the same.

This

not true.

this has very quickly become a "I read Vox Latina" thread.

You French/Italian/Spanish/ anons need to tone down the arrogance. Just because you speak a bastardized and highly mutated form of Latin does not make you an authority on how it was pronounced in ancient Rome.

>this
I read an anecdote once that when a 17th century French ambassador was visiting the Hungarian royal court and delivered a speech in his Latin. His pronunciation was so different from what the Hungarians were used to they couldn't understand him and thought he was speaking French.

So the Romans were Germans? Because their pronunciation is literally how Germans would naturally intonate Latin vocabulary.

lmao those retarded Englishmen

Don't know about other Romance countries but in Italian 'Caesar', spelt as it is, would be pronounced as 'Kaesar', it's just that we have an Italianized name for him, Cesare.

this

Are we gonna do the whole classical latin circle jerk or actually follow the thread concept which i thought was pretty interesting

>The Spanish Inquisition executed less than ten people yearly

The last public guillotining in France took place in the 1970s. You can find video of it on Youtube

Honestly, when you write it out like this, it's pretty easy to see how Latin can be descended from alieness of PIE.

>>caesar is pronounced kaisar
False

But that's how it was pronounced at the time, Latin has been bastardised repeatedly since then

>correct pronunciation
>dead language

pick one