ITT: Wars you wish you had fought and lived through

Mine is pic related, for team murica of course

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HwuzOlLd3WA
youtube.com/watch?v=wrhRT9yx4YE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why? So you could go home a heroin addict and get called a baby killer?

None, ever.

Hopefully none, but if I were to choose it would be the Napoleonic Wars

Literally why Vietnam

None.

OP is going cuckkoo

American war for Independance alongside général Lafayette

>Wars you wish you had fought and lived through

t. someone who's never fought in a war

"The only people who wish for war, are people who have never seen war"
t. OP's mom after being fucked in the ass by a horse.

you must be 18 or older to post on this site

Portuguese - Dutch war
Portuguese - Ottomans War's
Portuguese invasivo of siri Lanka, Cambodia, Ormuz, India, Brasil, africa etc
Trade with the Chinese/japanase etc

I would give meaning to my life

sign me up for no wars, thanks. Even the emu war seems like a tiresome affair with long hikes in hot weather and a morale-crushing conclusion. Generally being a soldier is a pretty shit life throughout history unless you're in charge and even then it's a lot of pressure and there's threats both foreign and domestic fighting for power and a dagger could be behind any back. I mean really, it's fun to glorify war and harken back to the good ol' days of and all that patriotic shit, but ultimately it's hell for those involved. Just talk to literally any war veteran that was a grunt and not some officer, and you'll see on his face the traumatic affects. Not something I want really, you don't either OP. You just think you do because you're stupid and haven't thought it through

>OP thinks it was a montage of 60s songs and asian hookers.

Anyway, leaving aside OP being a fucking moronic 15 year old, everyone listen to Dave Rabbit. Dude did an actual pirate radio station in Vietnam and it's fucking insane. Search him on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=HwuzOlLd3WA

My vote is the Emu War. An emu once kicked me in the dick. Fuck emus.

WW2 for sure, it has all the best videogames

>had a radio station operating on the second floor of a Saigon brothel in South Vietnam 21 nights straight while still being an air force sergeant
holy shit
holy shit, man

I don't understand the childish romanticism some have for the Vietnam War. It's sad, really.

This pretty much.

youtube.com/watch?v=wrhRT9yx4YE

Out of all the modern wars, why did you choose the worst one to be a infantry grunt?

If you want to be in a war, you need to go study some more history. I'd check out some primary sources on the ground war in Vietnam, then check back with me.

The last civil war of the Republican era in Rome.

If you can get PTSD dont ever enter any war.

>wanting to fight in the most miserable, least glamorous war our country has ever fought
Are you a masochist, OP?

WW2

Being a soldier during wartime sucks. This is true for every army that has ever existed. You might have some nice times, like looting from defenseless peasant or winning an easy victory over some shitty militia, but that never lasts long. Then your getting shot at, or having a sword sung at you, and everything goes to shit. Then, if your not terrified, your exhausted and bored out of your mind. Food's shit, you do heavy manual labor all day with little sleep, and there is a nonzero chance you could be dead tomorrow.

War's a suckers game.

The Gulf 1991

>Spend months training while bored as shit hearing that we have to shield Saudi Arabia and liberate Kuwait.
>Watch the Iraqis get bombed to shit for 5 weeks straight.
>except to be one of thousands of dead of the intense assault on the 'Saddam Line'.
>Instead of facing a bitter defense your side captures tens of thousans of demoralized Iraqis and with Abrams and Bradleys attempt to catch up to the remaining Iraqis.
>Don't even fire a shot in anger since the airforce does all the work.
>Everything is over after four days with only 292 Coalition killed on the coalition side while 30,000 Iraqis are killed.
>Am bewildered how this war wasn't even a war.

WOW WINNING.

You wouldn't have been the general on his horse with his sword in the air a single shard of sunlight making it shone brilliantly through the dust and a smoke. You wouldn't be the officers around him. You wouldn't have been the dead soldier face down in the mud still clutching the standard You wouldn't even be the little dot of paint way off in the distance standing in for person.

You wouldn't even be in the painting at all. Some nameless, faceless poor fuck that got roped into something that's completely meaningless. Gasping for air, bleeding out, being trampled by other poor fucks.

Yeah I'd like to experience Stalingrad or maybe Bataan death march.

Haha, me too. War is fun.

I think Paschendaele or Iwo Jima would be a nice change of pace from my boring life.

i would like to fght in ww2 from the beginning on the german side. See if they were so horrible as they all say

WW1

War of the Triple Alliance aka Paraguayan War
>be brazilian
>paraguayan dictator derps and attacks not only your empire but also argentina bringing together two rival nations against a single cause
>they make some advances into Mato Grosso but it does not take long for the empire to flex its powerful economic arm and develop a proper army
>paraguay get btfo at naval battle of Riachuelo
>invade paraguay
>kill so much of their male population that even today polygamy is socially acceptable in that country

my cousin was there, he said the female to male ratio is absurd, women are desperate for men, its a good place to go if you want a qt latina gf

The Emu War. I just want a chance at those damn Emus.

Battle of catalaunian plains. One final hurrah for the glory of Rome ;_;

Or the Siege of Constantinople in 1453, one last stand for the honor of Rome killing those smelly zipperheads ;_;

>brazil
>empire
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

WW2

But I wouldn't wish to live through it

Siege of Vienna as the Polish reinforcements
>largest calvary charge in history
run down those muzzies

WWI on the germs side, except instead of living through it I die the day before the armistice is signed.

American Civil War alongside my ancestors in the 11th Mississippi Infantry Regiment

It was twice the size of Europe, faggot. It had more legitimacy of being an empire than Napoleon's shit, Hitler's shit or >H>R>E

101st Airborne during WW2, just so I can shitpost with George Lutz and go operator with Bull Randleman.

82nd Airborne/Delta Force during the Invasions of Panama and Grenada so I can operate in M81 Woodland.

Persian Gulf War/Operation Restore Hope so I can operate in Six-Color Desert

Operation Gothic Serpent as Delta Force because I want my Pro-Tec and custom M727 goddamnit

2003 Invasion of Iraq as a Recon Marine so I can shitpost with Josh Ray Person and visit Iraqi whorehouses and get me some Shiite pussy.

Being in the SS occupation of Paris

Kosovo 1999 as a Russian sniper so I can shoot James Blunt in the head, single-handedly cause WW3, and ruin Bill Clinton's reputation.

>When you realize you were more likely to die from friendly than enemy fire during the Gulf War.

Spoiler Alert. They're worse.

>i wish i could fight in wars i would be like rambo lol

>"i literally want to kill, die, see my friends die and probably lose a limb or 2, to come back home and don't have any respect or help from the goverment that made me fight"
>"all for the interest of a few powerful people who don't even fight in the war"

wew

Still wanna be a gijoe fampia

This is the only real answer honestly

the homeland war

seven years war

DESU I think Korea was more miserable, just look at the Chosin Reservoir

Fight with my great uncle and do right by the Reich.

yo