Let's imagine Hans. Hans is a German infantryman on the morning of June 22nd, 1941...

Let's imagine Hans. Hans is a German infantryman on the morning of June 22nd, 1941. What are his chances of surviving the war?

Stock on eukodal and morphine, get to some dacha and remove the peasants....dead, you know...then get comfy for the winter. Sieg heil.

Don't listen to the fucking Austrian corporal with the mustache.

It will not be over before Christmas.

Bring your long undies.

literally zero

i honestly wonder how many frontline combat troops from 1939 and 1940 survived the war and returned home

Which unit? Which Heeresgruppe? Which sector? What's his unit's task? Barbarossa was fucking huge

Surely there are records and statistics for what OP is asking.
Although this is true, OP pick a specific sector and army brach or unit.

Polish here.
3% Eastern Front.
Don't know about Western front.

Technically Hitler was a Bavarian.

Overall, low chance of surviving the war without physical or mental injury, if not death.
Really depends on where he would be deployed to and what duties he undertakes, among other things.

>literally zero
If that was so literally EVERY German soldier would have died.

Western front survival chances are probably pretty high.

Treatment of prisoners on both sides was much more humane in the west. The fighting in the west also didn't go on for long enough to take more than a few hundred thousand lives.

If Hans was with the Afrika Korps, he'd have a rough time fighting in volatile environments and often with meager supplies, but the actual combat was pretty by-the-rules and the treatment of prisoners on both sides was admirably humane.
Tank crews would even refrain from shooting at enemy crews abandoning their destroyed vehicles.

Troops who fought in North Africa and surrendered to the Americans/British were interned in the US and repatriated after the war.

They were treated quite well in fact.

>eastern front

Probably 0.0001%?

Are we assuming 4 years of active service on the eastern front with no discharge of any sort (ex: medical) and not getting captured? If so chances of survival are super fucking slim. 13,600,000 served in the German army, that includes cooks and cushy jobs, and 4,200,000 died. If you are a Infantryman at the start of the war against Russia, good luck because you are driving into hell.

simple his chance of surviving the war increase by 50% if he been deploy on the western front instead of fighting against angry slav that take no prisoner in frozen hell

>literally zero

Come on, there are existing relations from veterans of both sides from June 22nd. Chances were likely slim, but not equal to zero.

I live in Austria, I've been to the house where he was born, where he lived and I used to live close to his parent's grave.
A friend's great grandfather slapped 4 year old Hitler when he caught him peeing on his property.
These places were all part of Austria back then as well.

Please tell me, how do you come up with such bullshit? Are you retarded or just dense?

>return home to life in east Germany
Must be rough.

>Muh Opa
Obergefreiter in the 12. Inf. Rgt, fwhich or most of the war was part of the 31. Inf. Div.
Chances were slim, he did it, followed by a vacation in Siberia until May 1948
>the absolute madman

Depends on the front,equipment,type of mission and branch of the army.

>another faggot who doesn't know how to use literally

5% of those who served in WW2 died. Of course, that includes all troops, not just those in combat roles.

Oh and I had same question for WW1 and one user suggested you could get the numbers by looking up pension records.

I think he means Bavarian corporal, which would be true as Hitler served in the Bavarian Army, not the Austrian one.

I guess after having fought on eastern front to many death was a salvation

Depends on the front

Well I am not OP, but just to get an example lets say he was a regular infantryman in the Heer and part of army group center.

Also just in genereal, does anyone know of a place to find casualty rates for soldiers based on the date of their first deployment? While only a low percentage of all soldiers were killed I imagine the percentage of casuaties between soldiers joining up in 1939 are quite different than the precentages from say 1945.