Would you agree that contemporary western youth is more complacent and conforming ompared to the last few generations...

Would you agree that contemporary western youth is more complacent and conforming ompared to the last few generations? Elaborate why you think either way.

not your personal thesis statement

We are the least conformist generation of all time

Yeah, I think it is a possibility but like a knife cannot cut itself it may in fact be impossible to actually examine the question meaningfully while at the same time maintaining an indifferent attitude toward the subject.

lol

I have anecdotal experience with both conformity and non conformity. I see people who assume roles, adopy identities, etc. I have been guilty pf the same. It seems difficult for me to see the west from a non western perspective. Yet at the same time all life on this planet shares a common ancestor. I am on this planet, and I feel like I inhabit this organism, but I'm not certain. What is the self? Am I in possession of the self?

Right. People in 19th century literally started armed uprisings for what they believed in, modern people just post some bullshit on Facebook and then continue playing with their iphones and watching Netflix for the rest of the day like other normies.

What is culture? What is the meaning of it? Is it mere social cohesion? Or does it have something more occult and profound hidden in its symbology?

yep
one of the reason Im glad we have Veeky Forums, however cringely edgy it might be, its one of the few places where you can talk anything freely without the thought police
nowadays when you have different opinion, people will literally try to kill you

>man, that girl over there is beautiful
>wait, we're doing that salute thing again? shit, I missed it, hope nobody noticed

Only because the big changes have already been made by the past few generations and their state of social upheaval is now the norm, especially on university campuses where boomers fucked everything up in the first place. Western youth are complacent because they have no more battles to fight, since everyone else did it for them

The actual story is that he wanted or merry a jewish girl he fell in love with but was refused.
They tired to flee Germany but were stopped.
They had a child together and she was pregnant with another.
His family was eventually euthenized while he was imprisoned and later was later conscripted and then declared missing in croatia in 1944.

Oh wow, I didn't realize anyone knew who he was.

There is nothing inherently wrong with roles. A role is both limiting and empowering. Up to you to decide if they're worth it

There's literally a 4-year 24/7 camera stream up because some gommunist actor doesn't like Trump, and thousands are visiting the site.

Yeah what a fantastic sacrifice showing your face to a camera and yelling nonsense. Totally comparable with people risking their lives and freedom 150 years ago. Holy shit, what a faggot.

Is there anything lulzy that actually results from that even the pro trump guys that show up aren't as high energy and as funny as i thought they would be. It's almost cult like behavior.

Refused as in refused to merry her by the nazi regime.

complacent? yes. conforming? no.

I would say we have the most complacent generation since the baby boomers, due to the rapid increase in technological comfort devices over the last thirty years, and their effect on people being raised on such an environment.

might literally be the least conformist generation in the history of forever, though, after mr rogers and barney told everyone that they're special growing up. there's a huge focus in individuality in the west that might be unprecedented in human history. sure, you could spout memes and buzzwords about tumblr sheep and stuff but when it comes down to it, highly individualistic culture with large emphasis on personal freedoms, even when sometimes misguided.

How does he figure someone won't take a shit on it?

people are definitely more willing to trade individuality for comfort, safety, and efficacy than they were in the 20th century.

it doesn't really seem like there are social movements anymore, and the ones that are attempted never seem to get off the ground or get anything done.

we are moving more towards conformity than ever before. fashion and trends have changed but societies attitude hasn't changed very much in the past 20 years.

anyone else hate the faggot who sits down during the pledge or whatever?

I mean seriously fuck that guy in this pic.

Fucking edge lord.

Hope he ended up in a camp. Good christ i hate liberals like that.

F A K E N E W S
Like somebody actually tracked down that guy after he was noticed to not be saluting in an old picture but he al so went missing in 1944.

teenagers and people in their early 20s are, for the most part, dumb emotional idiots who are very easily manipulated by much more intelligent old people in power who get them to do their bidding. It was the same with Mao and Hitler as it is today with antifa.

just look at those animals at the Berkeley protest

This. Hell, identity politics could be a result of this. People go out of their way to prove to others they are different from some commonly accepted norm.

Is that bad? Maybe I'm crazy, but not having the government overthrown regularly is pretty nice in my opinion.

Current western youth are extremely feeble-minded and very easily manipulated.

fpbp

Is this satire?

civil wars are not fun

I have an urge in me to follow in the footsteps of revolutionaries before me too. I know what the cost of that is though, so I can't condone it unless there is something extraordinarily wrong.