Abrahamics of Veeky Forums

Have you or do you plan on making a pilgrimage to the holy land?

Probably gonna go to Al Aqsa. Wish I could go to Mecca but they refuse Syrians that support Bashar.

>Abrahamics

Why not just say that you don't support Assad then?

>Assad finds out you went to Mecca
>no pro-Assad people are allowed there
>you are executed as a rebel

Actually I think they just deny Syrians outright. I'm no Sunni or Shia, so my practices at the Kaaba would probably be noticed. They'd execute me under Sharia law or some shit.

sounds like a nice place

nope but I hope to make the Road of Santiago one day

Too dangerous, nothing explicitly special about them. If there's a God here on Earth, he's as much in Kalamazoo, Michigan as he is in Jerusalem.

jew here, I went to Israel when I was in high school back in 2004 and did the whole pilgrimage thing, it was very nice. I'd definitely love to go back some time in the next few years with my brother since he's never been. Last time I brought it up he said he had always told himself he didn't want to visit Israel until the conflict with the Palestinians had been settled, but since its starting to seem like that might not happen in our lifetimes he might have rethink that position.

When I go back I'd really love to focus on seeing as many Roman era historical sites as possible, I've become a bit of a romaboo. Is that a bad thing?

> jew here

Sorry for what all the other shitheads on this website say about you.

yeah, it is rather annoying isn't it

cuck

Another Jew here, I've been there three times. Literally never gets old no matter how many times you visit the Hotel and all the other amazing ancient sites that are there.

If you like Roman sites, I highly recommend Masada, the Herodion (If you want to travel into the West Bank, don't worry it's safe), and Beit She'an. If you are looking for even more ancient stuff Solomon's Pillars and and the Jerusalem Tunnels are fucking amazing as well.

Yeah saw Masada and the jerusalem tunnels when I was last there, but I certainly wouldn't mind visiting them again both were quite memorable.

I remember though one thing that really stuck with me, I was traveling with a jewish youth group when I went. For a few days we stayed at a hotel on the Sea of Galilee. The hotel was right on the beach (such as it is, no real sand but whatever) and the next plot over from the hotel's beach was a campground which also had a beach. Between the hotel and the campground was a quite large sturdy masonry and chain link fence. While we were there a bunch of families at the campground were having a big barbecue and beach party, as were we, but the thing was all the people on the campground were arabs and all the people at the hotel were jews. Both of us were right next to eachother but there was a wall inbetween so there could be no mixing whatsoever, no learning from eachother. I remember thinking a lot about how that was a microcosm for Israel itself, I think its pretty sad.

Probably. I've love to see the Church of the Holy Sepulchre some day, as well as going to Italy and visiting Vatican City. No immediate plans to do it though.

Maybe they are just two different properties? The Arabs in the Galilee are much more integrated than in Jerusalem.

I've been there, it really is spectacular. It is a bit funny though to think that this city park with a whole bunch of museums is an independent country with an absolute monarch.

I just meant the way it felt like Israel is a nation of walls, and how the jews and muslims isolate themselves from one another instead of working together. Because lets face it, the reality neither side wants to admit is that they're stuck with eachother.

I've heard things were the same way in northern ireland during the troubles, that Belfast was a city of 1000 walls.

It really depends on where you go to be honest. Southern Israel is a lot more integrated. I try to look at all the beauty of the country though.

Because of where I was born, I'm effectively not allowed in the country.

Of course I would like to go as a fan of history.

what do you mean?

i have been to jarusalem a few years back, beautifull city. but the all the military armed to teeth ruined it a bit for me, but i guess it was to be expected.

I'm planning on making my way there during the next few years after I've completed university. Considering that Israel is a fairly stable country I'll probably just fly there, visit several places for a week or two then head home.

>Supporting Assad but unironically being a Muslim