ITT: We trigger Veeky Forums

ITT: We trigger Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sL9vUjm2mIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Agile and skilled infantrymen developed techniques for dealing with mounted knights. Almogavars, for example, were rugged warriors from the mountainous regions of Aragon and Catalonia who wore no armor and fought with javelin and short stabbing sword. They were used extensively as mercenaries in Italy and Greece. One, who was captured by a Crusader army in thirteenth-century Greece, was pitted against a fully armed and armored mounted Angevin knight as an entertainment for his captors, the assumption being that the knight would easily overwhelm so lightly equipped an opponent: “The almogavar awaited the knight’s charge, then at the last moment hurled his javelin—the azcona—into his opponent’s horse, dodged the latter’s lance then jumped on the unfortunate knight as he fell from his wounded horse and held a knife to his throat. At this point the duel was stopped.” Armed with a colltell, a cross between a knife and a butcher’s cleaver, an Almogavar foot soldier could do very serious damage to a knight, armored as he might be. A contemporary source records that at the battle of Kephissos in 1311 the Spanish light infantrymen ran in among the heavily armored Frankish knights of the Duke of Athens and massacred them. One “gave such a cut that the greave with the leg came off in one piece and besides it entered half a palm into the horse’s flank.”

>someone with a dagger + javelin
>vs
>someone with a rock

I think this would trigger Veeky Forums more than Veeky Forums

Part 2

plenty of philosophers are positivist empiricist

>Implying that Veeky Forums is anything like your Reddit boogeyman

It's a movie, user.

you're a movie

touché

Those aren't philosophers those are scientists who don't feel like doing any actual work

haha

DELETE THIS.

I don't get it

Veeky Forums is so far up its own ass with the "we're not racist like /pol/" virtue signaling that it has basically reached Occupy Democrats-tier philo-Ottomanism.

The vikings were great warriors and highly intelligent great farmers and could easily conquer north america

fuck, Veeky Forums is going to be stuck with this for a while isn't it

Or maybe the our conclusions are correct ones drawn from an understanding of history.

>if I had a finger for every argument in that post

>be a furry
>want to have an edgy imaginary friend
>invent a story about how it is behind all the bad things that have ever happened
>draw a shitty picture of how it caused ww1

Anatolia is Turkish and Muslim by right of conquest

Ottoman empire was the rightful inheritor of the Roman legacy.

This film and Batman Begins are probably two of the unironically worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

I thought we were trying to trigger Veeky Forums.

Haven't seen BvS I take it.

>threads about religion

The root of the problem isn't that /pol/ is racist. It's that it still believes outdated theories from the 19th century that have been massively disproven for decades. They're not discussing anywhere close to the current academic consensus on historical matters, and so on this history devoted board, they are treated as such.

Ok, Batman Begins was bad, but you can't deny that Batman and Robin was much, much, worse.

There's nothing triggering about this. He edged out a victory through luck and tenacity despite his disadvantage using his opponents' arrogance, lack of coordination, and probable inexperience.

It's been around for a while. Doesn't pop up that often, really.

every time.

ban all world war threads

Civil War wasn't about slavery.

Treaty of Versailles was much too harsh. Germany didn't have anything to do with starting WWI.

Scipio was my favourite general in the Roman Empire

The only difference between Napoleon and Hitler is that it's been longer since Napoleon was the big baddie, so his reputation has softened.

I think knowing who James Polk was is a great way to signal my intellect

The Great Man view of history is wrong mainly because it's inherently misogynistic

>Gay Bowser ghost makes Luigi kill his own brother

>since Napoleon was the big baddie

I still don't get this meme but it pops up often in fiction.

What's up with that? Napoleon did nothing to get that stigma.

Rome was a far more influential and all around better culture than Greece.

He was a military aggressor who ultimately was defeated.
Depending on how much time passes after that, you either become the bad guy like Napoleon or a more neutral "did great things, but..."

>He was a military aggressor who ultimately was defeated.

Rest of the Europe wanted another war against France, Napoleon just gave them what they wanted.

France is shit

LONG LIVE THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE!

No need for a new thread, just about any thread in the catalogue should suffice

Ancient Egyptians were black

Somehow there's more of that shit

haha where can I find this?

Theres a shiton of byzaboos and deus vult here who get triggered.

>Almogavars

BASED
A
S
E
D

Normans were French.

Russia is the rightful successor state of Rome

like what?
furries related to history or just furry autism?

All abrahamic religions are cheap Zoroastrianism knock-offs.

9/11 eozdniw when?

But that's true.

Europe's changed alot in the last 2,000 years.
There was the "Holy-Roman Empire, the Mongol-Empire, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, the kingdom of Hungary, the Kingdoms of France, England and Scotland, the Islamic-Calliphate of Spain, the Ottoman-empire, and many other powerful and influential-states.

And it still triggers people here.

Remember the Kevin-Rus, Hungary, and the Kingdom of the Franks. All of these empires collapsed as well and the Germanic-Franks, Slavs, and Magyars, experienced the wrath of either the Pagan-Vikings or the Moslem-Arabs.

>hubsburgs

And uh... yeah Midevil-Merchants.

Who's the blond?

Deus vult memeing fags and byzaboos are not the same.

>hurbdurbsburgds

The "Moslem-Arabs" collapsed as well, and the Slavs and Magyars were themselves visiting wrath upon their neighbors alongside Scandinavian and Moorish rovers.

>/pol/ is one person

>/pol/ isn't a groupthink hivemind that drowns out all dissenting thought with memes and accusations of being a paid shill
REALLY
JOGGIN
MY
NOGGIN

Yeah basically this

What a shame. Maybe you should go to a website where you can downvote things you don't like

The spartans were the best warriors in all history

Ahhhhh what the FUCK

The spartans were the best B1G team in all of history

>says the guy defending a place that collectively downvotes dissenting opinions
/pol/ is a hugbox echo chamber, get over yourself

>Not being retarded is virtue signalling
And here I thought the deal about not being retarded was that you preferred not being retarded.

>dude fuck reddit lmao, they censor anything they don't like instead of discussing it unlike glorious /pol/, true bastion of free speech
>what's this? an opinion I don't agree with? FUCK OFF KEK JIDF SHILL CTR SHILL KEK KEK JEWS CTR JIDF

For you.

This might be unrealistic but how would it be historically inaccurate? Or are you referring to the movie in its entirety?

Veeky Forums is fun and informative but its also full of redditor migrants with bloated egos

The flail has two inaccuracies, and the idea of Teutonic knights fighting that badly is so off as to be humorous.

Also, what's the name of the movie? I need something to watch.

I don't understand why yankeeboos have such a hard-on for this guy. You might like his reasons and logic for doing what he did but what he did wasn't impressive by any means. What happened to Carthage was impressive and that was 2000 years prior.

This is true
Every board has fun, knowledgeable enthusiasts who are just here to talk about their passion, drowned out by w bunch of morons who are retarded or are pretending to be retarded

I think it's Kingdom of Heaven

Guess which one you are?

It's Kingdom of Heaven. I think it has less to do with them being bad and more to do with Bloom having the Mary Sue amulet like any other movie protagonist. Therefore if that triggers someone they must get triggered in every action movie they watch.

Fair warning to you though the whole movie is much, much more inaccurate than that scene alone. I enjoy it though because the fighting is gritty and the movie simply looks good, from costumes to settings to cinematography.

I generally think of myself in the first variety
I try not to shitpost and I just want a good discussion with cool people on any board I go to

Kingdom of Heaven.

Overall not bad for Hollywood. Obviously the story is inaccurate as fuck, and period pieces were memed up, like your flail observation.

One of the few big block busters that showed historical fencing was more than just "HACK THRU HIS ARMOR MAN."

He sounds like the former the others aren't typically self aware

youtube.com/watch?v=sL9vUjm2mIE

That's fine. Unlike much of Veeky Forums, my autism is under control. It'll give me something to watch while I make long trips in E:D.

Worth it in my opinion. I think Kingdom of Heaven and Ironclad have the best medieval fighting in movies I have seen. But by best I mean most entertaining to watch, not necessarily realistic or accurate. If anyone has anything similar or better to those I'd like to hear about it.

Ironclad was exceptionally entertaining. Honestly a poster child for the value of authenticity vs accuracy.

That, and a shining example of why james purefoy is fucking great.

keep telling yourself that

It was pretty good. The second one was better in my opinion. Maybe not scripted or as well shot, but the amount of over the top fight scenes was incredible.

>liking the second ironclad
GET OUT.