Tfw you realize that being in a other person's shoes, you would act the same

>tfw you realize that being in a other person's shoes, you would act the same
>being born in Iraq, you would be fighting for ISIS now
>being born as nigger in Detroit, you would be raping white ladies now
>being born as muslim in Niger, you would be walking to Germany now
>being born a mascular guy in normal household, you would be party-visiting Chad now

My question is: Knowing this, how can you seriously hate other people? How can you blame them for what they are doing? It is not like you are any better than them, you were just born in other environment.

Just because you would do the same thing doesn't mean its ok.

Yes, but it means you can't blame the people for it. I cannot imagine punishing someone for doing something he was taught to do since his birth.

Very few Iraqis are members of ISIS
Very few black men are rapists etc.

How can you blame me for hating them, then?

It's not about punishing him, it's about stopping him from doing it again

They still make choices that lead them to where they are.
As much as i hate niggers the VAST majority never commit crimes in their lives, i would try to be the magic black neurosurgeon if i could.

What do you mean we shouldn't punish people doing something he was taught to do from birth? If someone drives a truck into a German market we shouldn't punish him because he was taught to do it?

Most western jail systems are supposed to be built up around the idea of rehabilitation already.

Honestly the most autistic thread I've seen all day

>As much as i hate niggers the VAST majority never commit crimes in their lives
Why do you think they make up a majority of prison inmates in the US?

kinda wondering what's /pol/'s take on determinism

Lol. The most common reason ppl get sent to jail is for drugs.

>if you were somebody else, you'd be somebody else
So deep.

cause you're an idiot

Even if they make up the majority of inmates, far more than other races. That is still not the majority of all black people, just a disproportionate number of them.

>My question is: Knowing this, how can you seriously hate other people?

I can't, I realized this too, OP. I love everyone.

Doesn't matter if the universe is determinist or not (I'll wait for scientific evidence). They are still an immoral being to be punished. Murderers should be made to eat the severed penises of the rapists and rapists should be made to eat the hands of the murderers.

This poster is right. Modern criminal justice shouldn't be about morality or retribution. It should be utilitarian, what is the best way to stop this from occurring again?

Maybe it is sissy nordic punishment where someone is actually rehabilitated, maybe it is death penalty, I don't know. But i think the idea is prevention not revenge.

Why though? What does that accomplish besides you getting your rocks off? Just stop them from doing it ever again (how you accomplish that is the big debate).

yes, determinism defies morality

desu the pic is wholly right, the difference being, murdering a tapeworm is fucking fine.

murdering a soon-to-be babe, is not

That just shows that you are an inferior human being. Don't assume everyone is shit just because you are shit.

I and the vast majority of humans realised this at like 8 years old.

A few years later we also realised that while this is true for the majority of people, some people are independent enough to be whoever and whatever they want to be. I'm not saying me, and we're all influenced by our upbringing, but lots of people are capable of deciding to reject God in a theist country or find God in an atheist country, etc.

Just because Serbs think it's okay to rape Bosnian 11-year-olds, or Papuans think it's okay to eat people, doesn't make them right.

It's appropriate to draw moral and ethical lines when individuals' lives are at risk. Killing and hurting innocent people is wrong.

>Doesn't matter if the universe is determinist or not (I'll wait for scientific evidence).

The universe isn't deterministic. It's indeterministic, which is what quantum mechanics demonstrates.

The problem is that it's irrelevant whether it's deterministic or indeterministic, because you have no choice either way.

It seems you've finally understood user, people aren't born good or bad, it's society that shapes them. This is why the war of crime has failed, the purpose of jail should be to separate those who are deemed unsafe to society, not as a form of punishment.

I know right

They decided inflicting suffering on another mortal soul is a good thing, but they forget they are also mortal, it is only right we respect their beliefs even if we don't agree with them.

Not every decision has to revolve around utilitarianism you know.

It could also be that you "are" the random quantum fluctuations that led to that point, but there is no scientific proof, I wouldn't insist it is true just because I think people should be responsible for their actions as much as I wouldn't insist we have no choice because I don't want to take responsibility for my own. If it isn't true then if anything the punishment should be more severe as it means they are not people who made the wrong choice and can choose to turn over a new leaf, it means they are inherently bad and only pain can purify them.

NO
FUCKING
WAY
He's responsible for newtons idea of gravity too!?!

Why tho

more likely to but not guaranteed. there are plenty of people in those areas not doing those things.

Wrong. We choose at conception to have spirit and accept feelings or we effectively chose to be animals, without thought, care or feeling.
Perhaps you've not noticed that not all of any of the self-id'd races of whom you speak are rapists (though most people of all race are only little better than animals and even indistinguishable from them, in that they are unpredictably stupid and therefore dangerous...texting drivers for example). We can chose to be civilized--be thoughtful and considerate--or people choose to be nasty and ungrateful for anything and to be worse.
Hard to say whether you're merely retarded or you're one of the rapists babbling nonsense.

Are you implying I don't hate myself?

Very few people are inherently evil yes, circumstances often make people evil.
However looking at evil from a non-utilitarian perspective is a complete waste of time. Hating people who are a threat to our way of life is usefull, no more justification is required.

A rational human being cannot hate them, but he can act in his own personal interests.

Unfortunately, 99% of people operate on hate and other primitive, amygdalic emotions, and have perceived personal interests, rather than real ones.

rational person: these refugees may bring terrorism and crime with them. I'm for vetting them.

irrational person: FUCK MUSLIMS TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP KICK OUT BROWN PEOPLE

why not?