What are some good Veeky Forums recommended movies?

What are some good Veeky Forums recommended movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blokhin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Come and See (Idi a smotri)
Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut
Apocalypto
Rome (HBO series)
I, Claudius (BBC series)
13th Warrior

Pic related is the best mediaeval film ever made desu

>13th Warrior

Where the fuck was that movie even located?

Shit tier propaganda like Come and See and no master race movie like Waterloo

Pic related

Scandanavia. They move progressively north in the movie.

Come and See is more about human suffering than anything else. You have to give the director a break, since it was made in Soviet Russia

That's like saying Triumph der Willens has no artistic value since that was propaganda

Schindler's list
Inglorious Basterds
Saving Private Ryan
The Pianist
Anne Frank's Diary
Don't mess with Zohan

>300
This would actually be a good movie if it was stylized as some Herodotus-esque retelling propoganda piece. The Persians are monstrous slavers, Spartans are all manly (only the deformed and unmanly ones are traitors), the notions of "freedom" (no helots in sight).

Except it's completely self-unaware and takes it literally.

>inb4 Revisionist anti-westerner
I'm a bigger fan of Rome desu

This isn't /tv/ faggot, we care about historical accuracy first and foremost and not about muh artistic values.

This is a classic

You cannot tell me there were not Einstazgruppen units killing Slavs by the thousands along the Ostfront. What's wrong with using a small fictional story in a larger historical narrative to aid the audience in manuevering around said world?
They also used actual German equipment, so there is historical recreation.

IRL they were mostly Ukrainians but in the movie they're all Germans.

>T-they were all Ukrainians!
>The actual German units did nothing wrong!
Go home Hans.

I'm Eastern European myself you fucking nigger. Khatyn massacre which the movie is based on was perpetrated by Ukrainians, and generally Einsatzkommandos in the east were completely packed with non-German collaborators. Learn some actual history instead of maymays.

Starts in Baghdad, moves to Southern Russia, crosses the Baltic, and ends up somewhere in Scandinavia.

Muh african american friend.

>we will never see a war movie with 18,000 extras again

>the NKVD is Ukrainians now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Blokhin

>tfw to intelligent to take this bait

How is IiS historically inaccurate? The kid having a SKS?

>Another idiot that did not spotted "h" in "Khatyn'"

>if it was stylized as some Herodotus-esque retelling propoganda piece.
It is, though. The entire movie is framed as a story that a serving soldier is telling to other Spartans about to go to battle.

I'm not a big fan of the movie, either, but that's not something the movie did wrong. Most of the audience just didn't pick up on it.

Mang, 300 was fine, it's just not Veeky Forums approved. It's an adaptation of a graphic novel, so naturally, it mimics the comic. No serious person believes the spartans went to war deflecting arrows with their rock hard bare pecs nor that Xerxes was a 7 foot tall golem with Vader's voicebox.

>can't tell the difference between Katyn and Khatyn
Not even going to bother.