I am thinking about learning a third lenguage and chinese seems to be a good option. What do you think?

I am thinking about learning a third lenguage and chinese seems to be a good option. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2aDlEovtzQ4
effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's your first language?

Try learning English

this

Spanish

Well if you're looking for a huge challenge be my guest. All that tonal shit can be hard for somebody who didn't grow up with it. If you want something that would be a bit easier for you try French or Italian.

Thanks

I would recommend Italian as well. Chinese is a hell to learn, up there with Japanese and Arabic. Either stay in the Romance family as a start, or if you want to learn an east Asian language, go for Korean. Korean is Simple in its reading and writing at least.

French is aesthetic, Spanish is also my native language and I assure you anything in the romance family is a breeze, especially in comparison to chinese and it's fuckery. Also, as long as your english is strong, you'll have an easy start to all other germanic languages.

Italian and portuguese are nice aswell,

Don't be a weak faggot persuaded by these random anons op. Go learn chinese and the story of all of Asia awaits you.

It's about time I stopped being a monolingual, is arabic good for someone who wants to learn outside of latin script?

It depends on (You). I learn Chinese, and I don't regret it, but you'll find out that a lot of Chinese are not like you in their ways of thinking.

I would also add that the Chinese cultural outlook is a seductive temptress. It's a bit like Judaism. Once you look in, can you ever leave?

>tfw learning Japanese because I'm a filthy weeb

Yeah, or do this. You asked an anonymous imageboard, like, it's up to you man.
Either take the easy route.
Or be a stud and study.

youtube.com/watch?v=2aDlEovtzQ4

洋鬼子(now commences shitposting)
Does the above have a meaning in Japanese?

Arabic is the final boss.

How so?

effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty
According to the FSI it's in the quintuplet of evil for native English speakers.

去死吧

Someone post the screencap of the dude telling people not to learn Mandarin.
A Romance language like French and Spanish are the easiest to learn for an English speaker.
Since you know Spanish already you might as well have a go at português since it will be easy and it will expand your communicative range.
Chinese is the second most spoken language after English. Many Hindi/Urdu speakers are likely to be proficient in English and it's probably used for less official purposes.
Other than that there's Arabic which is likely to surpass if it hasn't already the number of speakers of French.

Chinese is nearly impossible for Westerners to master. And they have a retarded fucking writing system of motherfucking pictographs, of which you must memorize thousands to even be considered functionally literate.
Even Russian is easier and trying speak Russian is like trying to talk out of the back of your throat while you're drunk and pneumonic.

Yeah, it is pronounced as ようきし (yokishi) and means "Western devils".

You have to really love it. I'm American and tried learning relatively easy languages like Spanish and German, but I couldn't get them to stick. Japanese is significantly harder, but I'm a weeaboo faggot which has kept me motivated over the years. If you like the Chinese people and culture then go for it.