Turned an agrarian superpower into a space-faring superpower

>Turned an agrarian superpower into a space-faring superpower
>Defeated Nazism and saved the Russian people from extinction
>Ended the exploitation of Russian peasants and industrialized the countryside
>Raised the standard of living of millions of people

Yet liberals on the internet have the audacity to say this man was bad?

>country is growing at a healthy pace
>communists take over
>set development back for a couple decades, and then resume growth at a slower pace and an appalling cost in human life

See also: Castro and Batista

>liberals saying he's bad

What World Wide Web are you using? Every liberal is calling themselves comrade here in burgerland. Everyone thinks fascism is right around the corner

This is bullshit because Russia was not growing at a steady pace under Nicholas, and the world war was universally bad for Russia.

You're probably right about Castro though.

Not to mention stalins industry was so efficient due to all that slave labor

One of the major reasons that Germany entered the war was that Russia was on track to eclipse them as an industrial power.

More than a hundred years later, we are still living with the consequences of an unexpectedly successful German initiative to stifle Russian development.

>>Turned an agrarian superpower into a space-faring superpower
He was dead by the time the space race was a thing.

>>Defeated German armies in eastern europe and then set up puppet regimes that were only slightly less terrible and doing all of jack and shit liberate southern and western europe.
Fixed that for you.

>Ended the exploitation of Russian peasants and industrialized the countryside
Nice carefully chosen weasel words.

>>raised the standard of living for millions of people
Could have done that without being a bastard, so fuck him and fuck you for defending him commie shitstain.

Ah yes, the blissful prosperous mafia state of Batista-led Cuba.

>yfw Cuba was actually highly developed under Batista because tourism bux
>people were literally taking a boat ride over to gamble and give them moni

They could have been the Macau of the western hemisphere

Gulag >>> Birkenau

That makes the human rights abuse ok then

>Castrofags complaining about human rights

It doesn't.

Cuba didn't go far enough, and it's why they're shit and countries like South Korea and Taiwan that went all out on the commie shits are good.

Castro committed high treason and they put him in jail for a fucking year.

Fidel Castro has kept Cuba on shit for too many years

I bet you not from ex soviet states, you comfy faggot.

>ended exploitation of peasants by starving them

A lot of people had to suffer for the better living standards of others. But isn't that what capitalism is based of too?

>nuclear program during after-war famine
>30 millions losses
>slavery of state farms
>implying technical progress isnt global

if you support free market capitalism you are a liberal

paul ryan and gwb are liberals

No.But i would agree on rich taxation.

saged, hidden

Cuba was a shithole before Castro for 90% of the population

It's actually livable now, and doing well for Latin American standards

Russia was behind the West in 1914, but it was catching up.

>Batista = economic growth and human rights abuse
>Castro = economic stagnation and human rights abuse

WW1 didn't really help though...

So, lefties have been shitposting in Veeky Forums since it begun, as have nazis. It ads a variety

Batista killed as many as Castro people in 7 years

Cuba is more democratic now than it was back then

South Korea kind of settled the question of whether anti-communist dictatorships are better than communist dictatorships in the 80s when they surged ahead of North Korea and then became a democracy.

Really, them, Taiwan, and Indonesia.

Russia was not growing at a steady pace under Nicholas: the economy was at the verge of collapse. I know you're a reactionary, but God-damn, get it right.

>liberals on the internet

Fuck off baiter, most people who are vocally and consistently against Stalin are conservative for obvious reasons and your arguments are shit Kys

Before WW1, it was growing at a steady rate.

Source: the War that Ended Peace

Anyone can do that shit if they end up wiping out a third of their own people to do it. It's managing to do it without chaos like in the West that is impressive.

Any two bit dictator can drag his country out of the dark ages with a bit of elbow grease and slaughter.

I don't know if someone could find this, but a Russian economics professor actually wrote a really interesting paper on the rate of development in the prewar Russian Empire. There was a speculative section comparing projected industrialization and GDP growth in the Empire to IRL which concluded that the Empire would have had similar growth by the mid 1920s.

Scientific development is a whole different story obviously, but there would also not have been a large diaspora of Russian intelligentsia in the White Emigres.

Except it was? The trend of growing industry started with Alexander III and was continued under Nicholas II, if Russia didn't enter WWI it would be in a different place, there would be no revolution

I don't even hate Stalin. I don't like him, but I understand your reasons.

I hate hypocritical Latin American communists who go full "Pacha Mama", aboriginal and traditionalist mother earth worship to criticize neoliberal modernization schemes, at the same time they worship Stalin who modernized the Soviet Union in a way more violent way.

Stalin didn't gave a fuck. draining the Aral Sea for irrigation? Ok. Reversing the Siberian rivers? What could possibly go wrong? That's ok if that's your thing. But these disgusting human beings, at the same time they are ok with that, complain about the environmental impact of some pulp paper mill because it's owned by a Finnish company.

>Latin American leftists
>Latin American rightists

both disgusting creatures

Check death toll. Nuff said.

Cuba was actually way ahead of the rest of Latin America under Baptista, it rivalled Southern European countries like Italy and Spain.

"Sir, you are late for your helicopter tour of the Andes..."

trudat

>liberals

Do you think people on the right support Stalin? Far left retards are the only ones to try and defend him.

just like stormfags did on /pol/
look how that turned out

>Before ww1
Exactly.
I will never understand why people posing alternate scenarios assume that if they remove one event from history then history itself will cease to move dynamically.

All of this could have been accomplished by the Russian Empire or the Russian republic, only better and without gorillions of dead Russians

>Ended the exploitation of Russian peasants
kek