At Upstream Intelligence conference today

>at Upstream Intelligence conference today
>guy from Statoil mentions blockchain a few times in his presentation as an emerging technology in the digitalization of the O&G industry
>ask him afterward what aspects of blockchain tech O&G companies are looking into
>"They really have no clue and are still trying to understand how it works."
>"Expect to see the early steps in about 3-5 years, it's still in its infancy."
>"O&G wants to focus on deep learning before they move on to blockchain."

Sounds like we're earlier in the hype curve than we think.

Omfg

There was a discussion about the curve the other day and most kek'd when I said a nocoiner entering today would be in the middle of early adopters.

That story of yours made me think I was too conservative.

So you're basing this notion off a conservation you had with some oil and gas wanker at some circle jerk conference?

Just wanna make sure I'm getting this straight.

Adoption curve, that is. Not hype.

Maybe, but at the same time
>Saw some guy checking Blockfolio at work the other day
>Overheard another group of guys talking about Bitcoin
>Got approached by two shady looking guys at the bitcoin ATM the other day who were trying to rope people into what I imagine was some type of scam which would MULTIPLY MY CRYPTO EARNINGS
>Asked the cashier at a store which had a different bitcoin ATM if there has been more traffic than usual these past two weeks or so, he said "yeah it's been crazy" and started going on about some ETH he was holding
And all of this was in San Antonio, TX, which isn't exactly an ultra progressive, tech savvy place.

Fuck.

>deep learning

Literally deep learn to kill yourself

Doesn't surprise me, these mega industries always move really slow. Shit it took them five decades to really integrate computing fully from the server room to the desktop. Taking another decade to two to fully integrate into the cloud.

LOL Dallas here. Found out last week a gas station a mile away has a Bit ATM. Go in and buy half a coin at a stupid high rate. Ask cashier and same response

Second that

Was a rich country club in LA the other day and was talking to my dad about crypto

all the old timers in the club overhead and wanted to know more, said theyre hearing more and more about it

even a nocoiner getting in now is way ahead of the curve.

I live in silicon beach where google and snapchat are located and I don't even hear about anything bitcoin/blockchain related that much.

do you live in a cyberpunk novel?

>5 years
>blockchain is over 100 GB currently
Yeah it's not going to be Bitcoin, sorry to burst your bubble.

Have you tried a withdraw from there yet? Dallas as well. Only ATM i know about it at Buzzbrews but never used it.

Yup, and when these guys put their money in, market cap will 10x at a minimum. Shit that would still be smaller than some individual companies. $1 trillion is really peanuts in the world economy.

It must be a big city thing. I live in pop:53k town and no one has ever heard of Bitcoin.
When I try to explain it they look at me like I'm selling the book or Mormon or something.

I feel so alone! It's like the E-mail and the internet all over again!

Fuck buzzbrews

Well to be fair I work at a major company (USAA) and I am surrounded by engineers, analysts, and digital marketing professionals who are probably more tapped into crypto than the general public. The thing with the two guys at the bitcoin ATM happened though, and it was weird as fuck. One of them looked like pic related and the other looked like an uglier version of the McConaughey from True Detective (during the present day scenes, not the flashbacks). They just oozed shadiness, and they were loudly bragging about how they buy Bitcoin every week. The white one asked me if I wanted to increase my earning by 5-10x, and I just told him that I'm good and walked away.

He probably would have told you to buy bitbean

>Wait, so there's multiple chains? What if someone makes a better one
>Why can't someone just go backwards in the hashes and then this doesn't work?
>But why can't you go backwards through the hash?
>What if someone just copies their wallet 1,000 times, then this stuff would be worthless

Well no shit you're going to hear a lot about bitcoin, you're hanging around a fucking bitcoin atm, probably the only one in a 20 mile radius around you. That's not representative of the real world by a long shot.

>focus on deep learning before they move on to blockchain

goddamn beaners have the best memes

bhp billiton guy has said eea will announce some energy trading thing this month

seriously thinking about investing in bean for this very reason

their meme gen is A+

i seriously feel like they'll become the next DOGE, just because of the fucking meme-ery

>tfw there are dozens of bitcoin ATMs around me