Bulgaria

What does Veeky Forums think of my country and its history. Also please do not confuse the gypsies with Bulgarians we hate them too.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbo-Bulgarian_War
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No offense, you see ok, but /int/.

heard you used to have an empire

Well I'm asking more about its History actually. Many Bulgarians see our hiostory as not only underrated (which it is), but they have this sort of WE WUZ THRACIANS and shit and it honestly really bugs me

Well, I'm Greek but from Poland.
My personal experience with Bulgarians is quite ok.
My Greek grandfather used to strongly dislike you guys because of the Occupation and you being with the axis.
I believe The triple attack you got during the 2BalkW was a shit move...
Personally i like you in General, you've been through hardships n shit...
>MUH BULGAROKTONOS!
Tell ur neighours some intresting facts!

>had a king called boris
>attacked constantinople a few times
>????
>ottomans?
>commies
>not commies any more

that's a rough timeline of my entire understanding of bulgarian history

I played with Bulgary on ck2. Studied your ancient history, loved how your ancestors wrecked the Bizantines and then got overrun. I got amazed by how an irrelevant country standed before the might of the Biz.
Your culture then influenced the Rus, i find that interesting considering that Bulgary is pretty irrelevant today but influenced one of the biggest empires that humanity have faced.

I consider your middle ages history more interesting that everything that happened after.

And im from an irrelevant latin american country..here nobody knows that your country even exists xddd

You dropped the ball with us in macedonia

The Bulgarian Empires are pretty fascinating. You were once the greatest power in the Balkans. Now you're disgustingly third rate and squatting on what was once a wealthy and powerful area.

Literally has fucking cults around Levski, a freedom fighter durng the Ottoman rule. While he has done great things for the cause and dedicated his life for it in the end, he is not the greatest freedom fightet
>by
>fucking
>far

Кoмyниcтитe ca издигнaли Бoтeв нa нивoтo нa гepoй..

Balkan war.

The country would deffo do better if it got rrid of its politicians who are either related/close to ex-commies or actual ex-commies.
Also, for fucks sake, don't side with Russia, fuck those imperialist cunts.

>hate Turks
>part of the Mittelmächte in WW1
>part of the Axis in WW2
Unironically one of my favorite countries.

t. Slovak

Romanian here and we have the same problem.

Bulgarian history is nice, although modern-day Bulgarians don't want to associate themselves with Tatars anymore.

The Second Bulgar war kinda spoils every fine thing you have accomplished.

I love it. Also if Bulgaria annexed Macedonian the borders would be aesthetic imo.

>Also, for fucks sake, don't side with Russia, fuck those imperialist cunts.

You have no idea how much the Bulgarians hate the Russians, only ex communists like Russia.

Who is the greatest Bulgarian freedom fighter?

>Bulgarian history is nice, although modern-day Bulgarians don't want to associate themselves with Tatars anymore.

Well thats kinda understandable considering they have little to do with modern Bulgairans, but it is a shame if you ask me, it adds such a unique flavor to its history.

why do you live in caravans and litter and steal a lot

We are still in the discovery age

tell me, who does the modern Bulgarians like?

The only neighbor Bulgaria likes is the black sea.

looks like a kitten

easiest conquest of my life

too bad they turned it into a corrupt shithole after going full commie

XD

I had an exchange student from Bulgaria when I was in high school. He was cool. Elian, a dj in sophia. We smoked so much weed that it took us two weeks to realize that you guys nod to say no and shake your head to say yes. I thought he was retarded at first because of it, and he probably thought the same thing about me. I took him to a mall and he thought it was an airport or something. If you know him, tell him to hit me up, ha

I find the fact that your last King was elected President like 60 years after he was forced to abdicate pretty interesting

Is this actually true? Is the guy still alive?

Yes. He fucked up though, brought a bunch of neo-liberals to fuck our economy up. Also he was prime-minister, which is more important.

The Roma are nice, but the Bulgarians smell

Bulgarian posters on this board are pretty cancerous.

That being said, i don't have anything against the country, or the people.

>calling Gyptards "Roma"
Gypper/cuck detected

How so?

Tri moreta borders are aesthetic as fuck, too bad the eternal Serb stopped that.
On the other hand it gave us Macedonians so that's a gift on it's own.

Case in pointMuh 3 moreta, everything bad ever is someone else's (usually serb's) fault.

I lost my virginity to a Bulgarian girl.
But the only thing I know about Bulgarian history is that we fought against you in WWI, and I learned that from a loading screen in Battlefield 1.

I appear to have triggered a bulgarian
Roma are nice people, bulgarians are obnoxious

I'm not a Bulgarian, but Gypshits aren't even liked by other Gypsies. There is nothing even remotely "nice" about them.

their nice

Go somewhere else with your shit bait.

thats not nice

We were never Tatars/Altaic, that was commie propaganda which has been disproved, I know some of the people who fabricated it and why.
A quick rundown on Bulgarian history:
First Bulgarian State:
>Start out as a Princedom(Княжecтвo)
>Withstand the force of the ERE, humiliating them in battles. One of our rulers made cup outta one of the emperors's severed head.
>Simeon the Great comes along. Rekts the Byzantines even harder. Forces them to name him Emperor(Tzar, the word comes from Caesar(Tzezar in Bulgarian). He attempted to conquer the ERE through military and diplomatic means.
>His wars exhaust the newly founded empire so we take a break and chill. Tzar Peter is the first ruler to receive a byzantine princess as a bride(Back in the day they weren't hoes like late latah). During this time bulgarian culture spreads across the continent, becoming a founding aspect of all slav states. They were forced to learn our language so they could translate our books.
>His sons fail compleatly, they're unable to withold the growing northen power that are Kievska Rus. The Rus and wear us down, then the Byzantines hit a golden age with a series of incredibly gifted emperors.
>We lose half of our eastern territory.
>Enter Samuil and his brothes. The btfo the Serbs and fight byzantinees for over 20 years. Keep in mind that this the ERE in peak condition with Basilii the Second, their greatest emperor.
>The Basil conducts unseen atrocities, conducts clever diplomacy, turning Samuil's heirs against each other.
>With Samuil dead from a hear attack and his son killed by his own cousin(the who he saved from death btw), we die on our feet.
Basil writes: "The greatest think I've accomplished on this earth is adding the proud bulgarian people to the empire. I urge those who come after to thread lightly around theme"
They don't and we end up revolting a centuary and a half later. We pay them back for everyhing and then some.

Losers who can't even annex Macedonia
Also

I'm Slovene tho

Tell me about the Bulgars, how did they get Slav'd? Why didn't they teach the people their language like the Ottomans did?

>unseen atrocities
>blinding a bulgar army
Lel

Austrian*

One of the most treacherous contrys in the world. Second Balkan War, WW!, WW2.
But in generally, we dont hate u. Serbia here

Didn't get the golden rule of BALANCE OF POWER.
Tried to become too strong too fast, and got wrecked by all its neighbors.

>hurrr let me double my territory by declaring war through a peace treaty on my vassal master
>durrr let me ask for the most land, even though this is a clear message that i will invade my former allies soon
>hurpa durp i want constnatinople and nicea and persia and asia

>One of the most treacherous contrys in the world.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbo-Bulgarian_War

>We were never Tatars/Altaic
>One of our rulers made cup outta one of the emperors's severed head.
If you were never a tatar, why did you practice this tatar tradition?
There are also accounts that early bulgars practiced infant skull deformation, like the huns and tatars did, and facial scaring to ensure you only get facial hair on mustaches, not on the cheeks.

Yeah, and everyone was pissed at the king.
It's a war the general population did not want.

>It's a war the general population did not want.

What is every war ever?
You don't get to pull the "le backstab :D" meme when you initiated the chain of wars by surprise invading a country trying to unite its territory.

Serbia has no claim to moral high ground here.

Had ushered two empires, fell into a steep decline in the 14th century, utterly decimated by Communism.

I'm not that poster, and i don't claim any high ground there.
We both pulled shit moves, and i don't really know the public opinion of Bulgaria, but entering WW1 seems pretty malicious.
As opposed to 2nd balk (which is autism), and WW2 (which was obviously going to happen)