Graduating with 20k in the bank

I've just graduated with a master's degree and 100k USD of federal student loan debt. No private loans, and it's going on the PAYE repayment plan so I won't be required to pay more than 10% of my monthly income. I also have 20k USD in my bank account from money I earned during graduate school and a scholarship. I don't have a job yet but I expect to make around 65k a year when I get one.

Should I keep all of the 20k and invest it? Keep some of it? Or pay it all towards the student loans? I have no other debts besides the loans.

bitbean or KIDS

You should use that 20k to invest in textiles. Trust me.

>65k with a masters
lol wtf?

What is KIDS?
k
The average for a bachelor's is like 40k so I don't see why this is surprising. Employers don't just hand you extra money because you have a master's.

Trust me man, buy a lot of thongs and short dresses, let's say 60% of your savings. Then with the other 40% buy a lot of lipstick and a couple pairs of kneepads. You will be sucking your way to lamboland in no time.

bitbean

>Employers don't just hand you extra money because you have a master's.
then why the hell even get it?
lordy, i started off at 60k and it felt like chump change. make sure you open up to moving to good opportunities.

I make 60k without a degree

60k is incredibly low

My undergrad is in English and I couldn't find any job with it at all, so this is a significant upgrade. Plus, 65k is decent where I live. My friend that graduated 3 years ago started off making 60k and now makes 95k at the same job after promotions.

>english

user, you're a fucking meme

xby and you'll make it out alive

or u may want to invest in kneepads...

And now you're jewed out 100k

Should've just traded shitcoins

95k is pretty good dosh
i hope we all make it

Serious answer, look up ustocktrade, its going back to T+0 in mid June I think. You have about 8 days to study hard about stocks on youtube and try to practice on paper.

There is a limit on how much you can trade, maybe like 8K, if you lose it you still can live off 12K. You could possibly pay off your loans if you do well at this. Its fun and a good pasttime waiting for work.

If you get work then move your money somewhere safe. Also did you ever get braces as a kid or do you have an easily reparable physical defect? Use the money to get it fixed believe me it helps a TON during interviews.

I'm working on my PhD and expect to make about 50k/yr starting.

GODDAMNIT GUYS
THIS SMELLS LIKE BULLSHIT
8 YEARS OF SCHOOL FOR 50K?
GUYS PLS
YOU'RE KILLING ME

10 years actually

DHJASDFSADFLKSADFJKLSDAFLHFSDAH;LDA

What's your hustle?

Thanks for talking me out of a doctorate with a single post.

You're welcome. Don't fall for the STEM meme.

if you plan to hold the job for a long time, which I would, since future employers like to see you stayed at one place for a while I'd, stick to the minimum PAYE plan or maybe double it to get the debt gone faster. Then maybe 25% into savings. Then maybe 25% into crypto. Then the rest for rent/food/utilities. The numbers might be off, but you get the point.

BS in chemical engineering with minor in CS
planned on going back to school for CS masters, but now you fuckers are making me second guess

>60k is incredibly low

that is objectively incorrect.

depends on location
i'm getting 70k out in the country, but 60k in the city won't go nearly as far

Don't listen to OP he must have gotten it in something worthless

I will look into that. Also I have no physical defects but thanks
Is there like a Veeky Forums guide to crypto shit? This sounds solid

I'm surprised no one has told me to put the money towards the loans. My parents think I should do that.

Not sure, just came up with it from my brain :D Also be sure to treat yourself to nice things every once in a while, and pay back/treat anyone who helped you get to where you are :D

I'm gonna graduate and make 90k out of P.A school in a year. Why did you decide to get a random ass masters degree in English? I don't want to rag on anyone's major but what were you expecting from that

It's not in English. It's IT related

As a general rule...

Whatever debt you graduate with you should be able to get a job with an annual salary that matches the amount of debt.

100k in debt and your first job out is 65k is not exactly a great start.

My bad I saw your undergrad was in English it's 2am and I'm tired. What sort of area do you live in and where have you applied to work?

>tfw you didn't fall for the bitmeme

If I paid the 20k toward the loans and subtracted 20k debt from undergrad the masters cost about 60k.
I live in the Seattle area. I literally just graduated within the week, and I'm leaving on a 2 week vacation paid for by my parents in 2 days, going to apply to jobs after that. The local big name software companies like Microsoft, Amazon, etc. will be my top targets but there are a lot of options here.

I always wanted to do an IT tech related degree but I couldn't imagine having gone through school to learn something I can just teach myself. I knew it'd be hard to find a job too which kinda why I steered away from it. But living in Seattle I'm betting you can definitely find a job at some trendy startup place if you don't get hired somewhere like Microsoft right away, just to gather experience at least. I wouldn't work at Amazon I've heard it sucks, but honestly with 20k you're in a similar financial situation to me and I'm balls deep in ethereum because I really believe in it and followed Bitcoin since it's inception when I was still in high school. You got a lot of money right now and likely minimal payments or bills since your parents just bought you a vacation. Literally just don't sperg out with your money on a new car or something useless like everyone else I know and be smart with it. Have you gotten any crypto yet because getting in is the hardest part.

I don't have any crypto. The only investment I have is a Vanguard fund which some of the 20k is in.