Wanting to build a ethereum mining rig, currently mining with one r9 390

Wanting to build a ethereum mining rig, currently mining with one r9 390.

Thinking of going with 6x rx 580, however not sure if I should get a H81 Pro BTC or H61 Pro BTC motherboard, as the H81 is pretty expensive and hard to get here (Bulgaria).

Also, for fellow europoors, how do we convert the Ethereum to local currency?

good luck finding them in stock anywhere

I would advise against sinking cost into buying rig just for Ethereum. Think of long term when it switches to PoS. If you are ok to transition and mine altcoins then go for it

Kraken and Coinbase both have Eth/EUR pairs you dumbass.

Also, you won't find any AMD GPUs in stock except for 460s without paying 2x RRP for a second hand one on eBay.

Are there any worthwhile plug and play eGPUs for altcoin shitmining?

Let's say I can find the GPUs on a "reasonable" price.

About the PoS, I wasn't able to find information of when it will be implemented, I will need about 3-4 months to break even currently.

Nice digits, I guess I have to help you

PoS will be "late 2017 or early 2018" so most likely early to mid 2018 as they're always behind schedule. You can dual mine Sia at the same time to make even more, look into that. So you'll be safe for at least 7 months imo, and after that you can mine alts like Zcash as well as Sia.

And where can you get Rx 580s? Pls tell

"Hopefully" a friend of a colleague, he got some pre-order of a big amount of RX580 to resell.

About the Eth to Euro, do you just send it to your bank account? In this case isn't tax paid on it or anything like that?

Well, I think that I will at least go even when it switches to PoS (if I start mining in the next week or two). After that I can probably mine altcoints and get still decent $.

There are other coins to mine, and always nicehash to fall back on.

Eth mining is worth $5USD/day per card at time of writing, it's still well worth it and ROI is a given.

Only buy 570's as you don't need the extra CU's only memory speed, make sure you flash the bios to reduce memory timings, either copy the 555 strap to all clocks in polaris bios editor or download one for the same card off Etherium forums or something, check the card first to make sure it doesn't have shit ram.

I have 24 RX570's @ 27MH/s each and make ~ $110USD/day after power.

4 x 6 card rigs, you dont need a btc board, any 6 slot H270 will do it, just update the bios, disable vtd and enable 4G decoding after installing and patching (for custom bios) drivers.

EZ PZ

pre-orders are meaningless, they aren't making anymore and they're totally out of stock but good luck anyway

And yes, you just withdraw the euros to your bank account. I don't know about tax on money made by mining, I doubt there are any laws yet. You'll have to look into the tax side of things yourself.

I don't think people on this board understand. The biggest issue is that there simply aren't any AMD cards available anywhere in the world now. They've been bought up by people like yourself already. Only option is to wait for Vega which should be sometime this month.

whar are some good coins to mine

Hey I'm mining eth with a gtx1070, getting about 26MH/s out of the box for only twice the price of an amd card. I understand if someone doesn't want to get 6x $400 cards per rig though.

got a new r9 390x on ebay for $270

Well, a h61 BTC is really cheap, I don't know why other ppl are recommending h81 BTC, however I will look into alternative motherboards as well.

Currently, getting 580 as that is what I can pretty much get and not go over 300 euro/per card.

Can you give a recommendation on the PSU? Everybody recommends the 1200 HX Corsair one, however it's out of stock or grossly overpriced (400 euro).

By flashing the BIOS, you mean the BIOS of the GPU right, not the motherboard as well?

Do you really need a 50 gpu card to even mine small amounts of $?

I built a amd rig 2 weeks ago with a RX 570 paired with a ryzen 1600x. i dont pay for electricity its cover in my lump sum rent payment each month.

Just mine Eth, fallback to ZEC. There are of course others but no where near the gains.

If you went Nvidia due to shortage, can get in on Pascal, Lbry, ZEC, Sia, etc

Update bios on mobo for 4G decode, flash bios on gpu for tighter memory timings which boosts hashrate ~ 25%.

PSU depends on cost of power, a gold 850W is more than enough for 6 cards, just make sure they have 6 x pcie plugs.

I pull 800W from the wall, and 850 is rated from the output not input, so wall draw is after 90% efficiency, etc.

Thanks to both of you, really appreciate it!

What are you using for an OS?

Win10, EthOS (morality aside), Ubuntu?

I run EthOS and Win10 unactivated using WinToUSB, each has it's benefits.

Drivers in Windows are a PITA but you can run it leaner, make sure you turn off all the BS power settings/updates/naggers.

EthOS has great monitoring/web interface etc, autoboots reliably, etc.

Try both, if one is a struggle just flip, dont waste your time.