How do you feel about the Japanese portraying him in fiction as basically being Satan?

How do you feel about the Japanese portraying him in fiction as basically being Satan?

>Satan
They don't

he isn't portrayed that way universally, but think of it this way:
>strict bushido culture prevails for centuries(champion warfare is common, honor grory etc. etc.)
>society thrives around this order, nippon stronk powerfur curture
>class based society
>motherfucker comes along using every cheap trick in the book to expand power
>guns, deceit, espionage, fear tactics, i.e. things that make sense in non-autist warfare
>brings meritocracy to his bodies of government, largely gutting traditional muh crass based bushido paradise
>basically singlehandedly ends the era of samurai and champions by using volley fire tactics
imagine if some guy took over the US government in twenty-thirty years or so and manipulated/genocided/carpet bombed central and south america into submission, and then forced them into direct US control. sure in the long run he'd be seen as some kind of unifying figure and a skilled tactician, but people are going to complain a ton after it happens.

In anime and video games they do.

They don't think of him as evil, they love him. But he was ruthless and the best general their country had. He diverted rivers to flood entire villages of clans he didn't like.

That trap on the left is ridiculously lewd

Again with this thread.
I prefer Hideyoshi.

Are there any good sources on how the Europeans viewed him through time?

He looks quite jewish desu... maybe they were onto something?

When you call yourself 第六天魔王, you're kind of asking for it.

GOLDEN

EVIL

STATUE

He's not really seen as Satan. He's more like Japan's version of Cao Cao.

Undeniably talented but ruthless as all hell and a bit of an asshole.

Still he laid the foundation for modernizing Japan.

Doesn't look evil to me

That's literally the most evil looking statue possible, even more then Genghis Khan on his horse.

>plate armor

What's wrong with that?

>dumbass

He was given a portuguese breast plate as a gift and wore it often.

You are misreading how a lot of video games associate him with a raven. In western cultures, ravens are seen as evil, but in japan the raven was seen as a symbol of cleverness.

>gun

Does to me.

>I prefer Hideyoshi

Well, I for one like the "kill the fucking bird all the fucking time" school of thought