What is the comfiest religion?

What is the comfiest religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZUkiBz9rYEs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_reconciliation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably atheism, because you can do whatever you want without any moral hangups, think you have it all figured out, and behave like you are better than everyone.

Buddhism if you're as dedicated as monks.
Basically just flaff around a monastery all day plus strict meditation and other shit.

I'd like to stay at a monastery for a few years but my autism prevents me.

Atheism is a belief, not a religion.

Atheism isn't a religion you mong

Buddhist are so chill
They're able to lower their heartbeat 50 bpm while youre 80 bpm

For me, some form of ultra orthodox Judaism
>Grow up in a large family in a small community that fosters togetherness that combines old and new values and ways of living
>Celebrate Shabbat every week, the comfiest holiday of all time
>Community comes together three times a day to daven and celebrates God with song and joy
>Hang around Yeshiva all day reading old medieval and ancient texts and making banter with your closest friends, people you have known for years.
>Grow old, marry a childhood friend and have many children.

Sounds like a good time

Hindu. Om.

Shamanism, it's scent permeates the air.
I was once a shaman.

>I was once a shaman.
>I snuck my friends into my bedroom at mom's house at midnight and lit candles and said spooky stuff with an ouija board.

Could you elaborate? Because this is the only image that comes to mind when you say that you were a shaman.

Reformed Christianity, you are PREDESTINED to be comfy.

It's a reference. A joke.

But you did make me kek.

Calvinism is incredibly comfy.

Especially when combined with an old west aesthetic in Africa.

I wanna say Roman Catholicism but I feel bias on how comfy and homely it feels because my church also acts as a cultural center for us . As we are a minority group in the area .

>T.LusoCanadian

Suomenusko

*tips frostmourne*

>t. LusoCanadian

Portuguese or Brazilian descent?

Islam and any church with pews. Buddhists can be comfy too.

>Stay at a monastery for a few years

Does it really work that way.

Taoism, especially the zhuang zi is the pinnacle of comfy.

It ultimately depends on the monastery. If it's Buddhist not typically iirc. However there are non denominational temples that operate off of communes. And they happily accept outsiders. But that's not a religious thing.

Portuguese.

I'm for the açores

Maybe Catharism.

The idea of two Gods or principles, one being good and the other evil, was central to Cathar beliefs. The good God was the God of the New Testament and the creator of the spiritual realm, contrasted with the evil Old Testament God—the creator of the physical world whom many Cathars, and particularly their persecutors, identified as Satan.[citation needed] All visible matter, including the human body, was created by this evil god; matter was therefore tainted with sin. This was the antithesis to the monotheistic Catholic Church, whose fundamental principle was that there was only one God, who created all things visible and invisible.[9] Cathars thought human spirits were the genderless spirits of angels trapped within the physical creation of the evil god, cursed to be reincarnated until the Cathar faithful achieved salvation through a ritual called the consolamentum.
Consolamentum occurred only twice in a lifetime: upon confirmation in the faith and upon impending death. It was available to both men and women who made a commitment to the faith.[2] Following the ceremony the consoled individual became a "Cathar Perfect".The ritual took various forms; some used the entire New Testament scripture whilst others relied on extracts such as the Gospel attributed to John while administering consolation. There were reportedly some remote cases where holy water was used as a cleansing agent during consolamentum being profusely poured over the recipient's head until he/she was completely wet (as opposed to sprinkling).[1]

cont.
Once consoled, Parfaits were required to be vegetarian, to be celibate, and to dedicate their lives to travelling and teaching Albigensian and Cathar doctrines. The vast majority of the population did not receive consolamentum until on the verge of death. Once given the consolamentum, the same rules applied to them, though they were obviously not expected to travel or preach from their deathbed. This allowed most believers to live somewhat normal lives and receive consolamentum shortly before passing away.[1] The Cathars believed that one would be repeatedly reincarnated until one commits to the self-denial of the material world, which meant that a man could be reincarnated as a woman and vice versa, thereby rendering gender completely meaningless.[46] The spirit was of utmost importance to the Cathars and was described as being immaterial and sexless.[46] Because of this belief, the Cathars saw women equally capable of being spiritual leaders, which undermined the very concept of gender as held by the Catholic Church and did not go unnoticed.[47]

Any type of folk religion. Shinto, Chinese folk religion, folk Protestantism and Catholicism. Very comfy.

Definitely Buddhism.

Gnostic heresy.

This is what Satanists/Luciferians believe.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZUkiBz9rYEs

The one that is true, Biblical Christianity.

Your "good works" won't get you to heaven.
Only Christ's precious blood can.
He died for the collective sins of mankind.

Yeshua is the only intermediary/door between man and God the Father.

>ITT: Budhiboo circle jerk: the thread

>ITT: Budhiboo circle jerk.

Same fag hivemind

Time is on my side, yes it is.

Samefag hivemind

Same fag hivemind.

Animism

Everything is sacred

My nigga

Atheism is the least comfy you fucking mong.

>when we die there is literally nothing and you will never see your friends or family again

Yeah, real comfy...

At least with a religion you can either look forward to the afterlife with your loved ones or you can get reincarnated into an eagle or something.

>Buddhism if you're as dedicated as monks.

Vast majority of monks were given as children and spend their days doing menial tasks, without payment, for a few elite monks. Buddhism outside of the west and maybe japan sucks balls.

Not comfy.

Basically islam but you have to dress like a nob.

What do you people think of Wicca?
Seems like a cosy spooky religion.

>neopagan larpers
>misattribute deities while making others up
>attracts deviants
Not comfy

>mandatory snipping foreskin off of you and any sons you will have

/comfy/ my fucking butthole

Gnosticism

Zen Buddhism is the cosiest tbqh.

Philosophical Daoism is criminally underrated to be honest.

Jainism

>Be nice to everything, including plants
>Consider opposing views
>Be happy with no possessions

lmao if you can't "harm" plants, how do you even get crops / veg to eat???

imo having the threat of hell hang over your life negates everything comfy about christianity.
And to me, having good works rewarded is comfier than not.
Unless you're a stealing, lying, murdering sack of shit that is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_reconciliation

You have other people go kill animals and plants for you. Jainist communities are built around a number of monks being (literally) waited on by non-monks. As in, they dress the monks, harvest food for the monks, cook for the monks, and literally feed the monks.

You know when the Buddha meditates, then realizes that all hardcore self denial is doing is just reveling in craving and materialism just as much as being a wanton hedonist? It's a reference to Jains/Proto-Jains.

The only good thing would be those jew boobies

I laughed. Have an imaginary shekel.

why does it look so much like hogwarts

Then what's the point? Damn religion is so obviously human made

>hurr I don't like hell forcing people to be good
>what the fuck? What's the point of being a good person if there's no eternal damnation?

Cognitive nihilism

Just do what you do and think what you think you think about.

What it entails in practice? The discernment and play of the games of society. Banging chicks is the game I'm playing. They are selectors with such contradictory courtship and behavior that it's "fun" to play the game.

Most "games" are cognitive traps, crosses on which your cognition is entrapped by a simulation which still pales, in comparison, to the richness of first rank phenomenology.

I'm talking about it from within the spectrum of religion

"Oh shit, I don't want to go to hell. Quick, let's interpret the bible so we can sin AND get into heaven!"

I'm an atheist and have morals. Who knew? Compassion, empathy and all other morality is independent of religion. I was merely pointing out how stupid Christianity is

>inb4 le fedora xDDD

>I was merely pointing out how stupid Christianity is
Thanks for enlightening us, man.

People are far more "dumb" than you suspect.

You have to make idols that represent a certain code of behavior and judgement.

Being so obsessed with your morals is falling into another cognitive trap.

You will not win against people who think they've found the spire of heaven in their own beliefs.

To antagonize the religious misses the fact that humans, deprived of moral-religious systems, create their own moral-religious systems. It's a bunch of monkeys trying to play musical chairs with the social-moral systems on hand.

>Put on a Bach cantata.
>Recline on the couch.
>Read your favorite Bible verses.
>Remember that you don't have to do anything to get saved.
Sola comfy.

Ex: Making saints our of marginalized groups
Ex: The desire to prevent pain to mammalians qua any number of environmental movements.
Ex: Elections
Ex: Personality cults.

It's not "I want to sin and get into heaven", rather it is "I believe God is merciful and benevolent, and I hope to emulate these facets". Catholics, and atheists I now gather, will never understand.
Also, try reading a book on religion rather than making up some half-assed nonsense. It is not something people invent, rather it develops -and different sects develop - out of debate in discourse and under the influence of historical context.

How can you feel comfy when you know that there are hundreds of people around you who are going to be tortured for an eternity, and that instead of sitting at home you could be proselytising to them?

np user
Seeing someone get needlessly hurt and feeling empathy for them is enough for me.
People also tend to forget that religion is just another tool of humanity, like language or agriculture.
bach cantata is the only good part, the rest can fuck off

"half-assed nonsense"

demostrate to me religion isn't all muh feels

Islam. Sitting around the pool of your Moroccan riad smoking hookah with your four wives would be hard to beat if it wasn't for the three guys trying to suicide bomb you.

Two words: unmoved mover.

"Muh feels" are the primary motivation of most people.

It's a neat shortcut human cognition sets up. You stop wondering about things that might be beyond your intelligence and get water from the well.

You will never win because most people are about feels. Even atheists. But as a social record, most apes pretend that this is not the motivation for their actions.

Atheists and religious types will throw out "truth" and "revelation" but in reality...

It's the fucking feels which come about from Knowing that your life is precious to the Lord of all Reality.

Not really sure what you're ultimately on about but whatever.

I don't like this dichotomy of "atheist" or "religious". I prefer just secular. No need of a god, just living my life.

sigh

>Stop caring about anything beyond Earth, just fetch water from your well Jimmy

you're the reason people claim christians are anti-science

A sigh's not a valid argument, checkmate.

>It's the fucking feels which come about from Knowing that your life is precious to the Lord of all Reality.

This christfag wave is starting to get annoying.

The point wasn't to defend a particular - ianity but to understand that principle at the back of the minds of the faithful.

"I can stop being a faggot megalomaniac who tries to process systems of systems and instead focus on local environs where I can make a difference. "

If heaven and hell, two fat tails, are secured, then my only responsibility is to the local community of people and things I love.

PS: I'm the cognitive nihilist, not a Christian.

What is your definition of comfiest?

Guys this is my first time here. If your would like, stop by my thread and ask big questions and share your ideas. Open forum..no single topic.

what anime is this from i need to finally find out

>Guys this is my first time here. If your would like, stop by my thread and ask big questions and share your ideas. Open forum..no single topic.
What?

>Atheism is a belief
not even that.