Will the Germans ever recover and re-develop some kind of healthy patriotism...

Will the Germans ever recover and re-develop some kind of healthy patriotism? I'm not talking about some Trumpian post modern populist bullshit but some kind of respect for the traditional German values and common sense.

No.

:(

>traditional German values
Destroying Europe?

We Germans already have the best kind of patriotism there is: Constitutional patriotism.

How would you be able to tell from the outside?

Lol Germany doesn't even have a constitution

The Basic Law is a constitution in every sense of the word.

has been discussed ad nauseam. The Grundgesetz is the constitution.

speaking as an american living in germany, I would say that they have a healthy patriotism already. They are prouder of their city, their habits, their language, etc. than I have seen from Americans. It is just not so outwardly visible, and isn't projected in an american way, which I would call unhealthy patriotism, more or less just branding.

Germans don't have pride. They look forward the end of their race beyond all else.

No, it's over for Europe.

This is a /pol/ or /int/ thread and does not belong on this board.

It wasn't WWII that end German patriotism. Konrad Adenauer was a German patriot, much more than Hitler, since he represented actual German values, instead of pagan bullshit.

It was the generation of 1968 who used the Nazi past as an excuse to attack all sorts of political formulas that they saw as being in opposition to communism.

Shut up, Habermas, no one believes your bullshit anymore. Your "constitution" won't make Afghan herders into good citizens of liberal democracy. It won't make Albanian gangsters into human beings able to sustain a mittelstand economy.

Our constitution (sic) has and will continue to do so. One of my school mates and someone who studied the same field as me was born in Albania, by the way. He's doing fine.

>Germans common sense
German common sense ruins Europe

>traditional German values
Which ones?
>WE WUZ
>Romans
>Prussians
>Arayans
>NOT NAZIS
>NOT OWNERS OF CONCENTRATION CAMPS THOSE WHERE POLISH
I guess nation with national identity problem should have one with having own traditional values?

>some kind of healthy patriotism

Implying there is anything healthy about patriotism.

>how to spot the american

Please learn to speak English properly before you criticize other countries on an international board you imbecile

Show me evidence that Merkel had any influence on the amount of refugees.

Remember there is a fucking war?

I am so tired of this "Merkel opened EU's boarders" bullshit, stop repeating right wing conspiracy theories.

Europe is fine, I don't see any significant issues right now and I live in europe but it's butthurt right wing christian retards that spread their bullshit all the time how EU is on it's knees.

It isn't :)

Ah hello there Jean. Still larping on Veeky Forums i see.

This desu. Despite this refugee meme germany is a much more traditional and homogenous society than GB or France.

Both countries have a higher degree of foreign culture citizens. Their colonial future has influenced them massively. Their supposed cosmopolitanism is just the decay of their traditional society tbqh.

>inb4 we voted leave

Good luck with that. I am curious how that will stop pakis from flooding your country. Oh and when i was in London that seemed much more like /pol/s nightmare than any german City.

*shiggy

colonial past

It's not the case that Britain or France's traditional societies are decaying, outside of a few urban centres (which unfortunately includes both countries' capitals). The insistence on tolerance and diversity is largely a media meme.

Germans are a fully self-actualized people, they don't really have a need to return to 'traditional' German values as the very creation of the German state was in itself an effort in modernity and forward-looking authoritarian democracy.

So no, there is probably no room in Germany for the wankish 'aryan girls running through wheat' that Traditionalists seem to insist would be better. It has never been part of the German ethos, not even when the government attempted to introduce it by force to the collective unconscious.

They're extremely patriotic, it's reflecte in their pride in their country, their institutions and their traditions.

Not in jumping around like a chimpanzee wrapped in flag and chanting slogans. That's not being a patriot it's being a fucktard.

What's wrong with Trump? Don't accuse him of something that he doesn't even do, you fucktard.

>What's wrong with Trump?

What's not wrong with him?