What must a white Westerner do in order to become a Buddhist monk?

What must a white Westerner do in order to become a Buddhist monk?

Other urls found in this thread:

trimondi.de/SDLE/Part-2-08.htm
trimondi.de/SDLE/Contents.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>find temple
>join temple
>?????

die
become reincarnated as a chink

I studied buddhism a bit in my teenage years
the language and cultural barriers can be difficult to get through. I ended up just reading the bible later on because it's easier.

Depends on the school of Buddhism you want to be a monk in.
Zen Monks can still get married, have kids, and be gay or transsexual, while Theravada schools forbid monks from all of those things.
Zen, Mahayana and Theravada Monks abstain from alcohol and don't see the Dalai Lama as a pope-like figure, while Tibetan / Vajrayana Buddhists see the Dalai Lama as an important leader and may brew alcohol and drink it in certain circumstances.

I highly doubt that it's that simple. Wouldn't they want to make it exclusive to keep out hippie/hipster pseuds?

No. Hipsters and hippies are intimidated by actual buddhists

>hippie/hipster pseuds
only westerners care about that

my step-brother is a Tibetan Buddhist monk and he is white af.

he currently can't talk to anyone outside his monastic retreat for three years. Real cult shit unironically, Tibetan Buddhists got that black magic going on for real.

Check it out though I'm not kidding. They were also buddy buddy with Himmler and the 3rd Reich.

here is a relevant selection from a larger work

trimondi.de/SDLE/Part-2-08.htm

and the larger work in total

trimondi.de/SDLE/Contents.htm

worth a look

>In the armories of the Kalachakra Tantra and of the “Great Fifth”, we find the “magic wheel with the sword spokes”, described by a contemporary lama in the following words: “It is a magic weapon of fearsome efficacy, a great wheel with eight razor-edge sharpened swords as spokes. Our magicians employed it a long time ago in the battle against foreign intruders. The wheel was charged with magic forces and then loosed upon the enemy. It flew spinning through the air at the enemy troops and its rapidly rotating spikes mowed the soldiers down in their hundreds. The devastation wrought by this weapon was so terrible that the government forbade that it ever be used again. The authorities even ordered that all plans for its construction be destroyed”

>A further magic appliance, which was, albeit without success, still put to use under the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, was to be found in a Yellow Hat monastery near Lhasa (Kardo Gompa). It was referred to as the “mill of the death demons” and consisted of two small round stones resting upon each other, the upper one of which could be rotated. René von Nebesky-Wojkowitz reports how the lamas started up this killing machine in 1950 at the beginning of the conflict with China: “The 'Mill of the Death Demons' was employed by the Tibetan government to kill the leaders of the opposing party. A priest who was especially experienced in the arts of black magic was appointed by the authorities to operate the instrument. In meditations extending over weeks he had to try to transfer the life energy (la) of the people he was supposed to kill into a number of mustard seeds. If he noticed from curtains indications that he had succeeded, then he laid the seeds between the stones and crushed them. The exterminating force which emanated from this magic appliance is supposed to even have had its effect upon the magician who operated it. Some of them, it is said, died after turning the 'Mill of the Death Demons'"

wat

Such people would probably drop out pretty quick.

I've already read the Bible.

>tfw no Tibetan Buddhist 1000-year Reich

Yeah Tibetans believe a lot of weird stuff about gods and demons and other realms that they just straight up imported from Bon, the Tibetan Pagan Polytheistic religion.
Also lots of secrecy and esoteric stuff goes on with them.

I generally try to ignore their nonsense, I barely consider them Buddhist and Siddhartha Gautama certainly wouldn't recognise what they preach.

t. Zen lay person

>ywn homo tantric sex magic in Shambhala with aryan supermen eternally

why even live

Degenerates out of my Reich reee

Why not a Christian monk? Monasterirs are basically /r9k/ IRL

>he thinks the upper echelons of the SS weren't comprised almost completely of gay

The Nazi's Homo-erotic Nationalism died with the Night of the Long Knives fampai

A lot of the upper echelons did do some weird Buddhist and Neo-pagan stuff though, not that Hitler approved of most of that either.

Because it would be a lie. Christian beliefs can't withstand my philosophical scrutiny.

But bullshit like buddhism can?

>my philosophical scrutiny

please enlighten us

I cannot enlighten you, I can only disillusion you - and I wouldn't want to be guilty of that. Sheep are better off with a shepherd.

>that edge

BAHHHHHHHH

Zen monks drink sometimes and they had a reputation for it.

*tips katana*

Oh wise one. My life is rife with delusion.
Please, lift the veil and set me free from my imprisonment. I beg it of you.

>it's a "some random layperson knows better than ancient schools and groups who devote themselves to X" episode