Unification of the Celts

For the first time in history it is possible to Unify all the Celtic peoples of the world. For too long have they suffered persecution, execution, and other atrocities. It is time for a Pan-Celtic movement that we shall call the Celtic Kingdoms

Other urls found in this thread:

ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map-british-isles#
bbc.com/news/science-environment-35344663
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Irish
>celts

Oh look a UK shit poster already....
p-p-please everyone just keep the UK the UK
*whimpers* dont leave me alone

there aren't really any cornish speakers anymore though

same for bretons who speak breton or welsh speaking welsh

I do recognize that, and thats part of the reason why now is so vital. If one wants preserve any scrap of Celtic culture, it must be done now. Pan-Celticism, seeks to re-ignite the celtic peoples, as well as unearth more of the lost ways of their culture. Considering all the support nationalism, and "tribalism" has right now (by Tribalism I am referring to, loving ones ethnic group and other Nationalistic ideas etc.) I think it is the best time for this to happen lest we lose all traces of the Celtic peoples, beyond the red hair, and laughing stock of historians.

Perhaps what is necessary for Celtic languages to survive is a mixing of the languages themselves.
By this I am referring to the idea of creating a new language based off a basic agreed upon Celtic roots (as in language roots)
This new Celtic nation could not only revitalize these dead languages, but they can modernize them, and the Celtic peoples.
It ought to be the duty of every Celtic person everywhere to be a Pan-Celticist

If the jews did it why not ?
It would be a shame if such an interesting culture and people would assimilate and disappear.

Exactly, say what you want about Israel, but at least the Jewish people wont fade into oblivion. Besides there are a ridiculous amount of Celts in Diaspora probably more than the Jews. I think this movement could really work

Unlike many of the other Pan-Celtic movements of the past, this one is a nationalistic one
Together we will make something truly great and save one of the ancient cultures of the world.
The Celts like the jews deserve a homeland of their own.

because this thread handles the celts, why were the Irish never able to come close to uniting the country?
they had one guy but it fell together when he and some of his sons were killed in battle.

>why were the Irish never able to come close to uniting the country?
They did come close quite often but it was never really managed. Usually there wasn't any real political will for it and the zeitgeist of a unified Ireland was centered around an unusually powerful King or Lord who was very domineering and charismatic. Brian Boru, Brian O'Neill, Edward Bruce, etc. Even they faced pockets of resistance from other Irish kings who would rather align themselves with foreigners on the promise of more power and wealth,

That's not to say there wasn't a sense of commonality or solidarity among the various Irish kingdoms. They viewed themselves as being the same ethnic group, spoke the same language, followed the same laws, altogether recognised a High King, but the political situation was more like the Holy Roman Empire or the English Heptarchy

>why were the Irish never able to come close to uniting the country?

their currency was cows

How can I tell from this post that you like sex with men?

I'm an Irish-American, does that mean I would get some kind of right of return?

Why not just revive Gaulish?

You already have that if you really are Irish enough to be calling yourself that.

We must build a wall around the Anglos and their Muslamic overlords.

BUILD WALL

>irish american
>"my grandpa was 1/20 irish, i'm 100% celtic me!"

>capital is Glasgow
>not Dublin

I'm 65% Irish

Just try it you ginger, pie-faced, scum and I'll be among the first in line to come over and crush you into potato dust beneath my Anglo-Saxon soles where you belong.

Anglo-Saxon pussies have been cucked since 1066. Now cucked by Islam. Sad!

you're a plastic paddy, fuck off

sure kid

>union with the first muslim minister in europe calls england muslim

Speak up Englandstan I can't hear you over all those call to prayers

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4193642/Muslim-pupils-outnumber-Christian-children-CoE-school.html

You're a plastic Jihadi

many cases like this! SAD!

Sinn Fein have never been in power in Ireland. Not even in the south. Whereas Labour and the Conservatives welcome mass immigration half of which is non-EU.

The nine years war was so close to an Irish victory it's crazy, it's the closest the Irish have been to an independent entity since the establishment of the free state

Hugh O'Neil and the various chieftains of ulaidh used guerrilla tactics very effectively. The war is only really remembered for the battle of kinsale but there were countless battles similar in size where the Irish demolished the English. The English losses were out of proportion to the Irish losses, the Irish acted as an effective unit.

The war was so damaging to the English that if it lasted another year the British exchequer would have went bankrupt and Britain itself would be in turmoil.

Hell, even the battle of kinsale could have been won if communication was effective and the Spanish forces actually engaged the English. The only way the English could win the war was by bribing traitorous and corrupt Irish chieftains and by causing purposeful famines in Ulster by attacking civilian settlements (typical move of the English)

After the war the English so badly wanted to avoid another insurrection in Ireland that they granted the rebellious chieftains their land back, but instead oneill left with his allies in the flight of the earls to try and gain support for Irish independence in Spain.

It must be the most overlooked period of Irish history, one of the most significant certainly. If O'Neil succeeded then many historians theorise an Irish nation with the oneills at the head of the monarchy may have been created.

I TRIED SO HARD

Welsh and Irish split thousands of years ago. Its enough of a challenge to get people to speak Irish which at least is a real language, I don't see how you will convince people to speak a made up language.

glad you mention this 1500s irish history is pretty sick based off my readings from the tudor perspective.

>Kingdoms

no thanks, had enough of that shit already m8
try "Celtic Confederation"

This is besides the point, I am proposing a new Celtic Nationalistic state. Nobody else has tried this in history, granted they struggled enough uniting their own respectable regions, nobody has tried to unify the people like the italians, germans, etc.

Yes of course I think all celtic peoples ought to be allowed a right of return. One could work it out like the jews do with Israel

It seems many of you are missing the point, that this isnt so much about the past failures of people trying to unite regions, of the celtic world, rather going into the future how we can unite them all into one state. The world has changed a lot and frankly I think Celtic Nationalism would be welcomed with open arms by most Celts. Clearly the UK would have a hissy fit but, its worth it to save the Celtic culture and people.

I understand the caution behind "Kingdoms", however the two longest governments that have stayed in power in world history are the UKs monarchy since William the conqueror, and the Japanese Emperors. I only say kingdoms because a monarch helps unite a group of people, give them something to follow at first. Basically it buys us time to rebuild the crumbling celtic culture. Also once appointing this monarch strip them down to no power, like the Japanese and English Monarchs today. All it is, is another symbol of unity. Other then that I think it ought to function like the US does and make all the Celtic areas into states. In the long run we can do away with a monarch but for now it could serve as another symbol of unity among the Celtic peoples.

>countless irish victories

Google tells me the England thrashed them several times, and most of the irish victories were easy wins for reasons like numbers on either side.

Mmm yes so close

>MUH distilled Celtic DNA
If you were pure your chin would reach your feet, you would howl at the moon and much more else
Scotland would crumble without English suppourt for the NHS due to mass obesity
What can Ireland actually do better than London itself
Wales would just be like a Balkan country
You achieve nothing from this besides UN A E S T H E T I C borders, an easily conquerable state, and country that requires credit to work

Wrong nine years war...

>le unaesthetic borders may may
How about giving the north back to Ireland? Ireland will and forever shall be a separate independent entity.

>If you were pure your chin would reach your feet, you would howl at the moon and much more else

What did he mean by this?

It's not 'the wrong one' that's the term historians use, and as this is suppoused to be the board historical students use and not /pol dropouts id hope you'd know the name.

>MUH Irish independence
Only achieved because you were halfway through and realised you couldn't turn back
>hmm Austria-Hungary and Germany promised Poland a free state after the war
>Hmm they've been ignoring women's rights in parliament in favour of home rule
>how could we best secure independence
>HUSSAR we'll start a war and it'll be like the battle of golden spurs
>killing a cripple somehow got the people on our side
>ALL POWER TO THE PROLETARIAT

Spanish hapsburgs line taken to the extreme

Would of happened in the 20th century at some stage lad. Irish history is just constant insurrections. Regardless, that may have been the nine years war that is most well known but anyone with any semblance of historical knowledge knows that the flight of the earls and Hugh oneill happened long before the Jacobite wars. Britains cruel policies and the yearning for Irish nationhood for hundreds of years got the people on their side, not to mention the entire country voted for Sinn Fein (minus Ulster) prior to the war of independence. The war of independence occurred after WW1 however, stop trying to excuse it. It happened, it was successful, Ireland will be a nation for quite some time.

Reminder that the English are 80% Celt.
The United Kingdom is literally the Celtic Kingdoms, minus a bit of Ireland, and Brittany.

Why the fuck do you worthless Europeans hate Americans who identify our fucking heritage so much? I mean, we literally are from Europe. We didn't sprout out of the ground, or descend from the fucking Indians.
I'm literally descended from the English and the Scottish. Why the Hell can't I fucking recognize that, just because I live in fucking America? Fuck off, you jealous, worthless assholes.

I actually would support the idea of establishing a Celtic state.

>tfw no Celtic bf

Not even Celtic, by the way.

Tom Brady is a purebred Celt - as are many respected Americans

Is there a bigger meme-ethnicity than Celtic?

>every Celtic person everywhere
Are you talking about the diaspora here? That would amount to tens of millions of people who don't speak a word of any Celtic language and who are completely assimilated into their New World societies.

Good luck... How would you even feed/house these people in your pan-Celtic nation?

Take in 100,000 at a time. Force them to assimilate into native Gaelic culture. The entire population will speak Gaelic languages as enforced by the authoritarian state.

>This is what Anglos actually believe

English are Germanic

Not genetically.

It worked for the Jews

Yes they are

>Angles
>Saxons
>Jutes
>Normans
>Danes
>OMG THEY'RE BASICALLY CELTS

Real sources please.

Burden of proof is on you, mon ami

>Real source that the Anglo-Saxons are Anglo-Saxon please

someone butthurt that muh British Empire doesn't exist anymore. Go back home and drink some tea while the first men dominate you and your woman.

British = native Brythonic peoples

The Germanic migrations only made a dent in York and the very south and southeast. England is a nation with a Germanic ruling class and Celtic everything else genetically. Scotland and Wales are obviously genetically Celtic.

ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map-british-isles#
bbc.com/news/science-environment-35344663

No, I mean the same one you do. Big Hugh.

The irish got their ass kicked, a lot. And only won battles that it would have been shameful to lose.

>let's unite all celtic peoples into one celtic union
>so what if they speak different languages, we will invent an artificial language that suits everyone
Why do I sense a burger behind this?

Someone has no idea who the Anglo-Saxons are. Go back to HIST 101 friend

Irish diaspora alone is ten times the size of the worldwide Jewry.

what a bro. who would be against it other than britfags

I'm just Catholic.

Can I join?

The Anglo-Saxons only gave England their language, you idiot.

I am referring to those in diaspora, i have mentioned that specifically several times. Also the Jews seem to be doing an alright enough job of it. Besides the highlands are very unexploited and can be made it something prosperous with modern tech.

Im open to anyone joining after the states established so long as they are ok assimilating.

>Gaelic
Now hold up here. If this is going to be a goidelfest I want no part in it. The Britons have always been the more civilized Insulars anyways.

Arthur (Arturius) was a Roman

Lol what?
The Anglo-Saxons are the British people today.
The Romano-British and the Anglo-Saxons over time have basically become one people
Then the Normans came, further making the people who live in England Germanic.
Wow you must really know nothing, friend please open up a book sometime it will do you some good.

God, this LARPer is an absolute retard.

reminder that celts aren't genetically celtic

Kek, i'm sure you think the Romans were the same as modern Italians, too

The English are Celtic, you worthless LARPing retard, which is exactly why you all should be fine as part of the UK.

No papists allowed
This is going to need God's blessing if it is to succeed

You're not celtic anglofilth

The Right term is Romano-British
Im playing semantics because most Romano-British people where Roman, however they where also Gaelic.
Not to mention the legend of King Arthur is sooo similar to the Scandinavian legends about the sword in the tree and such that I think it probably comes from some Vikings who made up the story.
Im even more inclined to believe this is so, because apparently (so my History Proff. told me the other day while discussing this in class) that many historians believe Camelot would have been in York, not Cornwall as people had previously believed.
If that is true then it would make sense since the thats where the Vikings had a stronghold in Britannia for awhile.

As were the vast majority of Celts, both Insular and Continental. The Goidelic lands have always been the backwater of a backwater.

Were there more Roman colonists or Latinized Celts in Roman Britain?

The language you use, points out to all of us that clearly you are some scared Englishmen.
Its totally ok for you to Brexit, but its no ok for us wanting to leave the UK
Please go home drink some tea, let me tell you it really does help to calm the nerves.

You sound mentally retarded and not Irish

t. Louthman

>Gaelic
There you go using that word again. Gaels are Irish, and Irish only. The so-called Scottish Gaels are in fact those who were assimilated into the Gaelic kingdoms of invaders Pictland from Ireland. The Picts were likely either Britons or some other Celtic family, but were not Gaels. The Romano-British however were never Gaels, and to this day those descendants of theirs who still speak Celtic languages speak Brittonic languages, not Gaelic ones.

>You sound mentally retarded and not Irish
There's a difference?

Its hard to say, it would depend on the region to be honest. I have no evidence for what I am about to say but I believe its a good guess. Take that as you will. I would Imagine In whales and in Cornwall, where a Celtic identity still exists it remained bastions of the Celtic peoples on mainland Britain. I am inclined to believe that the closer one gets to the London area one would find more Latnized Celts as well as Roman Settlers. Also up north where Hadrian's wall would have been, I am also inclined to believe there would have been a strong Roman population, but from Hadrian's wall too lets say the area where Nottingham is is probably Latinized Celts. Once more I have no evidence, just what I feel would make sense based on where certain ethnic groups live today in Britain. Perhaps Roman Census records still exist and could be more insightful, but if they do I dont have access to them regrettably.

I used Gaelic in this instance as a response to someone who had used it. Perhaps if you actually looked before you had a conniption that would be clear to you

I'm American, not English, but even I can see how stupid you are.

America is ruled by anglo-saxons. You learn that in US 101 in college. Maybe when you are older you will learn that

And I'm completely happy with that, considering I'm proud English diaspora.
Fuck off, you mick LARPer.
The Welsh, Mannish, Cornish, Scottish, and North Irish are completely happy under English rule, and will remain so for all eternity.
Starve yourself.

The British Isles were a backwater even into the 11th Century, and Britannia was never as heavily integrated into the Roman economy as the more densely-populated and agriculturally bountiful Mediterranean provinces. However, the centuries of Roman presence did lead to the development of a local Latin dialect and after a long while of the garrisoned legionaries intermarrying with the natives in 212 citizenship was extended to all free inhabitants of the Empire, the Peregrini, who until then still made up the vast majority of populations outside Italy. The arrival of Christianity further institutionalized Latin as an official language. Roman colonists never made up a majority in any of the places they inhabited, but in this way they tended to assimilate the natives rather well. However, as spoken Latin was gradually lost after the withdrawal of the legions in favor of the native Brittonic, it can be presumed that the Celtic character of Roman Britain remained rather strong compared to Gaul and the Celtic areas of Spain, where Romance took hold, even in the context of similar Germanic invasions and settlement in the Migration Period.

Not sure if that's a satisfactory answer, but ancient demography is kind of fucky.

No, you explicitly called the Romano-British Gaels, which is factually incorrect, and in response to someone who didn't say a word about the Irish or Scottish. The Romano-British were, as the name suggests, British, of Brittonic stock.

Reminder you're a minority everywhere in America

>The Welsh, Mannish, Cornish, Scottish, and North Irish are completely happy under English rule

So? This nation will continue speaking English and having English culture, so it doesn't matter whether we have full control.
Certainly not unhappy enough to join with you fucking micks for some retarded kingdom.

Also, New England and Utah are majority English.