Was Mohammed a warlord? Were unbelievers/infidels killed by himself or direct following?

Was Mohammed a warlord? Were unbelievers/infidels killed by himself or direct following?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=86PL9wueH-s
youtube.com/watch?v=qTi1FZkoEsM
youtube.com/watch?v=TLoUq8vybzY
youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms
sourcebooks.fordham.edu/source/christ-muslim-debate.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He slaughtered 800 men and boys with pubic hair in a tribe he was peacefully coexisting with for years. Wiped them all out, just to loot them and rape their women. Pretty sure that grants you "warlord" status.

this is bullshit. care to site a source?

These tribe break their agreement with him and stab him in the back during a war, they're executed because it was in the term of agreement of what will happen if they dishonour the alliance

Also those "tribe" are Jews

>Muhammad approved of the ruling, calling it similar to God's judgment,[14][15][16][19][20] after which nearly all male members of the tribe who had reached puberty were beheaded[21][2][22] The Muslim jurist Tabari quotes 600–900 being executed.[23][3] The Sunni hadith do not give the number killed, but state that all post-pubescent males were killed and one woman.[24]

that's bullshit, islam forbids murder. fuck off back to /pol/

Muhammad really was a step up for warlords, someone else could have genocided the Christians and Jews instead of taxing them.

Murder of innocents =/= murder of non-believers.

This in fact is out of context, this tribe he had a pact with that they would stay neutral in any conflict with the Meccans. When the Meccans advanced this tribe broke the pact and joined them. After the defeat of the Meccans he took revenge on this tribe.

Muslim here, Islam doesn't totally forbid killing, just make sure you kill people who deserved it
Killing non believers unnecessarily is also forbidden, basically killing is fine as long as for self defence and punishment (if you have been wronged)

Do muslims follow Christ's teachings at all or do they just see him as a prophet but get on with the old testament eye for eye stuff.

>When the Meccans advanced this tribe broke the pact and joined them

This is taqiyya.

>islam forbids murder.

You must be high right now.

>Other accounts attribute the discovery of coffee to Sheikh Omar. According to the ancient chronicle (preserved in the Abd-Al-Kadir manuscript), Omar, who was known for his ability to cure the sick through prayer, was once exiled from Mocha in Yemen to a desert cave near Ousab (modern day Wusab, about 90 km east of Zabid).[17] Starving, Omar chewed berries from nearby shrubbery, but found them to be bitter. He tried roasting the seeds to improve the flavor, but they became hard. He then tried boiling them to soften the seed, which resulted in a fragrant brown liquid. Upon drinking the liquid Omar was revitalized and sustained for days. As stories of this "miracle drug" reached Mocha, Omar was asked to return and was made a saint.[18] From Ethiopia, the coffee plant was introduced into the Arab World through Egypt and Yemen.[19]

>everyone who disagrees with my crazy religion and prophet is /pol/

Yes, Muslims follow Christ's teachings as he is one of the most important prophets, but muslims consider the New Testament to be a partial corruption of his story. For example, they believe that he was not crucified but miraculously saved and ascended alive into heaven.
I think the biggest mistake people make in looking at Islam is equating Muhammad with Jesus in Christianity, and therefore emphasize Muhammad's flaws. In Islam, Muhammad is a prophet and a man. His revelations are followed but he is not worshiped.

Basically be kind, generous, and forgiving (like christ)
But if there's enemy trying to destroy you, you have the right to fight back
It depends on situation mostly

Yes.

wow never heard of this

'On the Earth, the most traded commodity is oil, and in second place is coffee, the most beloved bean the world has ever known. There are a few legends as to how coffee was discovered. One legend of prehistory is that Middle Eastern shepherds noticed that when their sheep ate the berries of a particular tree, both the sheep and the shepherd were up all night. Another legend, was that in 1258 Sheik Omar was in exile and was complaining about his problems when a bird began singing in a tree. Trying to grab the bird, he instead ended up with a handful of berries and flowers. He then proceeded to make a “perfumed drink” from the berries and felt much better. And yet, another legend goes like this. An Islamic monk was annoyed by his inability to stay awake during his prayers. One day he saw a goat herder dancing with his goats and was told that the goat herder’s happiness was caused by a specific bean. He was convinced that Mohammed had sent him this herb as a gift to keep him awake. The monastery was thereafter called the home of the “Wakeful Monks”, as they would drink coffee as they prayed.

I guess the moral of the story is, no matter how it came to be in our possession, coffee has a long and cherished existence in cultures from all over the world.'

>Contemporary Muhammidians denying facts that their ancestral Muhammedian historians admitted happening and even praised their false prophet for doing so.

Muslim's follow the Bible as well but they say that it is corrupted and that the Quran is the true and final bible so to speak. Muslims believe Jesus was a messenger nothing special, but they do believe in the virgin birth.

>inventions by muslims stripe away all the awful shit

>muh islamophobic ideas don't match with reality

>Cannabis smoking was common in the Middle East before the arrival of tobacco, and was early on a common social activity that centered around the type of water pipe called a hookah. Smoking, especially after the introduction of tobacco, was an essential component of Muslim society and culture and became integrated with important traditions such as weddings, funerals and was expressed in architecture, clothing, literature and poetry.[6]

Just a remainder before the Muhammedian apology goes to full motion: all decent inventions done by Arabs were done before Muhammad started his cult.

If you are unable to discuss Islamic history why are you even here?

>denying facts that their ancestral Muhammedian historians admitted
>praised their false prophet for doing so

Muslim's follow the Bible as well but they say that it is corrupted
this is also the reason why the Koran are always traditionally must be written and read in Arabic, even one letter difference will be regarded as false

>Literature by Muhammedian historians and the Book of Homo alias Quran are islamophobic
Good job Abdul.

At least say Islam stole Greek/Persian invention or some shit, this is not even a bait

You call it a discussion when contemporary Muhammedians deny all the writings by Muhammedian historians which can be seen in negative light?

He is essentially worshiped by some sects. People do what he did simply because he did it, like grow a beard because he grew one and marry children because he married one.

The most delusional sects believe him to be flawless, when not even Christ is depicted as perfect in Christianity.

Don't say he isn't worshiped, he absolutely is (probably just by Wahhabis though, but if I recall correctly they also cherry-pick the Koran by ignoring anything that takes any effort to read-into.)

you are manipulating history because of how based Muhammad was. He killed traitors and adversaries find ONE example where he killed an innocent person just ONE.

I'm waiting faggot

I didn't deny the massacre happened, I put it into context.

Anjem Choudary is based, I miss him.

Yes.

See: Banu Qurayzah

This. They opened up negotiations with the Meccans and that is it. Muhammad was not a person bound by honor, in fact he broke his treaties with whomever he wanted whenever he wanted.

Following the example of Muhammad is not the same thing as worshipping him.

What happened to him?

>The most delusional sects believe him to be flawless, when not even Christ is depicted as perfect in Christianity.
I mean, there probably are sects of Christianity which do.

>On 5 August 2015, Choudary was charged with one offence under section 12 of the Terrorism Act 2000 for inviting support of a proscribed organisation, namely Islamic State, between June 2014 and March 2015.[77][78] An expected trial date of 7 March 2016 was given,[79] but the trial was postponed to 27 June 2016, and was expected to last no more than four weeks.[80] Choudary was convicted on 28 July 2016.[8][81] On 6 September 2016, he was sentenced to five years and six months' imprisonment, the trial judge telling him that he had "crossed the line between the legitimate expression of your own views and a criminal act".[82]

>when not even Christ is depicted as perfect in Christianity.
Hi, you're full of shit, and I'm calling you out on it. I'm sure your reply will be something along the lines of "my God my God why have you forsaken me?" and then you tip your fedora in a fashionable way.

New International Version
Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?

>when not even Christ is depicted as perfect in Christianity

This is bait.

It's how they operate. Sign a 10 year peace deal and invade on year 5.

Just as the bible says; make a 7 year peace deal with Israel, and violate it on year 3.5.

You just lied about it. Lying about things does not put them into context.

It was murder and looting, plain and simple. Not an act of war, not repayment for betrayal, not any positive motive whatsoever.

Murder.

Loot.

>Was Mohammed a warlord?
No. It's the fashionable insult it seems these days, but technically speaking he was an elected official of an independent city.

>not repayment for betrayal
All the sources are unanimous that it was precisely that.

>in fact he broke his treaties with whomever he wanted whenever he wanted
Which treaty did he broke? when? give me one example

It's disgusting how many Muslim apologists there are in this thread.

You do know these people would behead you if they caught you, right?

Liberals are fucking stupid.

>implying that Old Testament prophets didn't do such things

>2017
>not being an Islam sympathizer

The story goes basically like this: psychopath suffering from epilepsy start calling himself a prophet and a messenger of his vision of God and tells to the polytheist Meccans that they will burn in hell for believing to gods other than Muhammad's vision of God. Meccans listen to this shit for some years with no more than slight snickering and laughter, but when Mohammad manage to get a few young followers and getting them to spit in the face of their fathers and their religion, Meccans finally get pissed.

Unfortunately, because of tribal ties, the Hasemite clan can't allow their brethen that is Muhammad to be killed and he get to practice his agitation for a while longer without major interference from Meccans. But enough is enough and finally Muhammad is drove out of Mecca. He then goes to Yathrib, habitants of who surely have heard about Muhammad, but they are more naive and liberal than Meccans and give Muhammad and his followers refuge after Muhammad cry to their leaders about 'him getting persecuted'.

At this point Muhammad looks at the amount of followers and realises that non-violent agitation doesn't bring followers all that much. Not being a complete idiot, he realises violence might work better for a tribal society like Arabs, who practice blood vengeance and start to push the idea that 'non-believers' deserve to be killed if they don't convert to his cult.
By extortion - in practice by using banditry - he finally manages to build a small base of operations in Yathrib.

They didn't.

Islam is a false satanic religion started by the Vatican.

youtube.com/watch?v=86PL9wueH-s

youtube.com/watch?v=qTi1FZkoEsM

youtube.com/watch?v=TLoUq8vybzY

youtube.com/watch?v=ll0otULYzms

>>implying that Old Testament prophets didn't do such things
That was actually the point. The Banu Qurayza were tried and sentenced under Jewish law, which was the whole point of having a trial in the first place (attended by two other Jewish tribes).

considering this is Veeky Forums, I get and understand the hate, but at least post a correct information and not straight out lying
nice video

Arabs didn't invent squat, it was all Persians and their descendants who did all the math meme shit who were originally Zoroastrians before they got culturally enriched.

New testament prophet didn't.

Following it to an extreme degree because he is deemed 'perfect' is worship.
t. idiots that skimmed over a summary of the NT and now call themselves experts.

You can't die if you're perfect.

Off the top of my head, Jacob getting a city to convert, then killing all the men while they were sore from circumcision, taking the wives and children presumably as slaves, and taking all the livestock and wealth and burning the city down.
Lo and behold, Jesus is revered in Islam as well.

0/10

From the very beginning of this 'prophet' life, he has tried to subvert Jewish tribes to accept him as their promised prophet, but Jews have declined and said that Muhammad is not a Jew and can thus not be the promised prophet from Talmud. Not getting Jews to bow to him, he starts to funnel his hatred to them and finally after building his first Yathrib base, he manages to drive Jewish tribe specializing in armor and weapon manufacture out of Yathrib. He's first was to exterminate them, but non-Jewish tribal leader from Yathrib manage to persuade Muhammad to allow them to just leave their settlements, taking only personal belongings.

He then starts raiding Meccan caravans. The first big raid faild and Muhammad draws Meccans to their first battle against him, which Muhammad and his bandits win and several Meccan leaders lose their heads (literally), but the caravan Muhammads bandits were chasing gets away.
Not long after this, Meccans start to put money together to form a big enough army in order to march to Yathrib and crush the false prophet.
Muhammad manages to put together formidable force, but he still loses the battle against Meccans. Muhammad receives a blow to the head and the Meccans believed he was killed, but obviously he wasn't and managed to flee.

Meccans make the mistake of not finishing Muhammad and his followers and start the journey back to Mecca, but then during the journey they decide to turn around and go finish their mission, but when they get into contact with Muhammad - who has infact followed the returning Meccans after his defeat, not wanting to lose authority in the eyes of his followers - Muhammad manages to fool the Meccans of having a much larger force behind him than he really has. Meccans get scared and retreat and thus Muhammad doesn't lose his face entirely.

Jacob didn't do that. Two of his sons did, as revenge because their sister was raped by the town's leader.

Atleast try to know the facts before talking shit out of your ass.

anything i dont like is b8 haha im a fish

No, you're an obvious troll.

>Following it to an extreme degree because he is deemed 'perfect' is worship.

Why?

t. abdullah the wahhabi
Don't you have some verses to ignore while claiming others are heretics?
Because it makes a human something next to divine. That only passes in Christianity.

Oh excuse me. The town's leader raped his daughter, their wholesale slaughter and destruction under the false pretenses of friendship is fine then.

All of your sources, maybe.

Same sources that said Mo didn't rape his 6 year old wife at age 54.

During 628 A.D. Muhammad attempted to make a pilgrimage to the Kaba in Mecca. As he neared Meccan troops opposed him and forbid him to proceed to Mecca. However, the Meccans entered into negotiations with him. About ten miles outside of Mecca, by the spring of Hudaybiyya, Muhammad and the Meccans concluded a treaty known as the Treaty of Hudaybiyya. This treaty humiliated the Muslims and Muhammad. Later as he journeyed home, Muhammad told his followers that the affair at Hudaybiyya was in fact a "victory". As proof of the victory Muhammad promised his followers that they would have the "booty" of the Jewish settlement of Khaibar. Weeks later Muhammad attacked and plundered Khaibar.

>Because it makes a human something next to divine

No it doesn't. Thing that some person is good role model is clearly not the same thing as thinking that he is a deity.

>your sources
There is only the one source.

After this comes the period of massive paranoia of Muhammad, in which - much like commies centuries later - where he sees dishonest 'believers' everywhere in his ranks and starts to murder his followers for any small disobedience to keep them in fear. For this he needs to invent verses into his Quran to allow 'disobedient followers' to be killed. And by terror he manages to get non-questioning followers more and more.

Managing to gain enough power (believers), he starts to expand his cult by violence, inserting his sword over villages and more and more. Of course, at some point Mecca - after losing caravan trade because of Muhammads raids - becomes weak and Muhammad's armies manage to put it under his 'protection'.
Those who do not convert to his cult, he exterminates. Jews especially do not accept his cult and thus dozens of Jewish tribes get exterminated during the Muhammedian expansion.

Muhammad - being a mere human - obviously gets old and leaves the power to his most reliable followers, who in turn became sheiks continuing the expansion of Muhammads cult by sword - that is by 'imperialistic' war and thus falls considerable amount of land under the brutal cult of Muhammad.

At some point of history, Muhammedians manage to get to the gates of Europe, but European powers not being pussies like they are today, push them back, hard.

I'll state it directly if you'd like.

The priests of Ba'al were all slaughtered after they tried to take over the Jewish religion, and Elijah brought fire down from heaven where the 450 of them could not, but they all knew the stakes.

*Thinking that some person is good role model

Wrong guy, and the people who perpetrated that revenge were themselves severely punished.

Being a good role model is not the same thing as being perfect. Claiming 'Mohammad had no faults' or 'Mohammad was the perfect man' is making him next to divine. It's associating divinity with him.

There's only one hadith?

Do you even islam?

Nice way to ignore the context of the situation.

Israel was co-opted by a pagan queen who was turning the nation upside down and destroying spiritually. The Israelites were abandoning the one true God and started whoring after statues and idols.

God sent many prophets to warn the people to repent and turn away from evil, but they didn't listen. They killed the prophets and wanted to kill Elijah too.

Elijah told them if their god is real, let them prove it. The priests of Baal had several days and nothing happened. Elijah made fire come down from heaven and proved that YHWH is one true God.

I don't remember any hadiths or verses from the Quran saying that Muhammad was a perfect man that had no faults. There are, however, verses from the Quran that say that he was a noble man whose example should be followed.

b-b-ut thats immoral! mass killing is only okay if it's for expansionist purposes! except when fucking christians do it!

Jacob says "you've ruined me" and that's the extent of their punishment in the OT. In later rabbinic writings, their killings are even justified because the city didn't uphold some specific justice law. And that is but one example of all the killings committed in the Old Testament.

>people follow the Hadiths and Quran perfectly
Wahhabis are delusional, I've already explained this. They cherry-pick what they claim to be an infallible and unaltered text, idolize Mohammad by making him superhuman, and probably also reject any Hadiths that don't square with their ideology. Or 're-interpret' them and the Quran to such a degree that even the Supreme Court is appalled.

Why is it so hard to accept that there's a delusional sect of Islam running amok and spreading their perverted form of Islam by force?

Sunni Islam is basically Arab pharisaism. Shia Islam is basically Muslim Zoroastrianism.

t. atheist that deliberately takes verses out of context in order to make things seem worse than they are

I mean sects of Christianity which view Christ as perfect.

New Living Translation
For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.

Isn't that exactly what people do in criticizing Muhammad?

>have quran (flawless book, word of doge etc.)
>make up zillions of hadith as well
why

Because the Quran is not a flawless book and not the word of God.

That's why we need four different gospels, right?

The Monk-- So, Abu-Salamah, you believe in all what your Prophet mentioned in your Book and that (this book) was inspired by God?

The Moslem-- Yes, everything mentioned in the Koran was inspired to Mohammed.

The Monk-- The Koran doesn't mention that the Christ is the Spirit of God and his Word given by God to Mary?

The Moslem-- Not eternal (word) but created.

The Monk-- Was God, at any time, dumb, deaf, or empty from any word or spirit?

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, one God, Amen. With the help of God, we begin writing a debate that happened between the monk Georgi and three Moslem theologians, in the presence of the prince Al-Khana, Al-Mushar Abul-Mulk, Gazi Al-Zaher Usef Ibn Ayub Al-Salah, the Moslem King of Aleppo and Syria, and during the reign of Leo the Armenian, son of Etienne, King of the Armenian tribe, in October 6615 from our Father Adam and 1165 A.D. God help us! The story says that the Abbot of the convent of "St. Simon the Fisherman" paid a visit to the King of Aleppo and its dependencies. The Abbot was accompanied by some of his monks. The King welcomed them, gave orders to secure all their demands, and allowed them to stay at his father's tent. Among the followers of the Abbot was an old monk who was very versed in knowledge. He spoke very well, too. Everybody liked to listen to him. he entered the convent in his childhood and profited of the books there; he acquired the virtues and the good manners of the monks. He was Abbot for many years until he became old. he was called "the monk Georgi" (George). When he met the Prince, he invoked God for him.
sourcebooks.fordham.edu/source/christ-muslim-debate.asp

Different reason, but yes.

Each gospel reveals a different facet of Jesus to a different audience.

Matthew: Lion, King of the Jews, to the Jews.
Mark: Ox, Suffering Servant, to the Romans.
Luke: Man, Son of Man, to the Greeks.
John: Eagle, Son of God, to the world.

And what is Aleppo

t. butthurt muslim who cannot comprehend the truth

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
And dutiful to his parents, and he was not a disobedient tyrant.

I knew those were the various symbols which represented the gospels but never knew what they represented. Thank you.

>Second Vatican Council, Lumen Gentium 16, November 21, 1964
“But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place among whom are the Muslims: these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.
Second Vatican Council, Nostra Aetate 3, October 28, 1965
“The Church has also a high regard for the Muslims. They worship God, who is one, living and subsistent, merciful and almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth (Cf. St. Gregory VII, Letter III, 21 to Anazir [Al-Nasir], King of Mauretania PL, 148.451A.), who has spoken to men. They strive to submit themselves without reserve to the hidden decrees of God, just as Abraham submitted himself to God’s plan, to whose faith Muslims eagerly link their own. Although not acknowledging him as God, they venerate Jesus as a prophet, his Virgin Mother they also honor, and even at times devoutly invoke. Further, they await the day of judgment and the reward of God following the resurrection of the dead. For this reason they highly esteem an upright life and worship God, especially by way of prayer, alms-deeds and fasting.
Over the centuries many quarrels and dissensions have arisen between Christians and Muslims. The sacred Council now pleads with all to forget the past, and urges that a sincere effort be made to achieve mutual understanding; for the benefit of all men, let them together preserve and promote peace, liberty, social justice and moral values.

>the Koran are always traditionally must be written and read in Arabic, even one letter difference will be regarded as false
So if the Quran's original language is arabic then what is the Bible's original language?

>Was Mohammed a warlord?

Of course not. Islam is a religion of peace and truth. Mohammad (pbuh) only conducted defensive military action and that is what Islam teaches.