Why Don't They Teach You These History Facts In School

>Germany was screwed over at the end of WWI (which Germany had won) by the treaty of Versailles

>War of 1918, communist Jews from Russia use Germany's weak state and try to overthrow the government, sparking a civil war

>Hitler created over 6 million jobs in 2 years and made the greatest economic recovery in history

>Jews made up 2% of the German population yet comprised over 50% of media, 70% of judges, and nearly 100% of the banking system

>Hitler was compassionate towards Jews by agreeing to let them immigrate to Palestine with all of their assets from 1933- start of WWII

>Poland started WWII by inflicting atrocities on ethnic Germans inside Poland

>Russia and Germany invaded Poland together but the allies only waged war against Germany

>Hitler offered a 16 point peace plan and Britain refused to report it to the public because the British people would find it fair, and Poland refused to look at it

>268,000 Jews were killed inside of concentration camps (most of them died from typhoid and allied bombs- per International Red Cross)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/725A7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whoa Hans you're on fire today

i like putting cheese on bread then putting it in a microwave

Good thing that Veeky Forums hasn't become /pol/ with dates, right guys?

>this is your brain on /pol/

>Germany was screwed over at the end of WWI (which Germany had won) by the treaty of Versailles
It was the lightest of all the WW1 peace treaties.
Germany lost, and if they continued the country would have completely cracked and disintegrated.
>War of 1918, communist Jews from Russia use Germany's weak state and try to overthrow the government, sparking a civil war
The Russian civil war lasted until 1922. The (((Jewish Bolsheviks))) had no resources to spare and organize communists in Germany.
>Hitler created over 6 million jobs in 2 years and made the greatest economic recovery in history
Hitler put Hjalmar Schacht, a democrat in charge of finance and economics. And he continued the economic policies introduced by the government of Kurt von Schleicher in 1932.
He opposed rearmament, and antisemitism, and was found innocent in the Nuremberg trials.
So in fact Nazis didn't fix cause the miracle, there was no change in economic policy.
No.
>Russia and Germany invaded Poland together but the allies only waged war against Germany
Because the USSR presented it's involvment as saving Poland, also Germany was warned prior to that, and it would have been logistically impossible for Britain and France to go to war with both.
>Hitler offered a 16 point peace plan and Britain refused to report it to the public because the British people would find it fair, and Poland refused to look at it
Why would they have accepted, when they were winning the war in the air? And they captured the man who was sent with the terms (i can't remember the name)
>268,000 Jews were killed inside of concentration camps (most of them died from typhoid and allied bombs- per International Red Cross)
Ebin.

I refuse to belive a Kraut posted this.

/thread

>the end of WWI (which Germany had won)
are you on meth?

>>Germany was screwed over at the end of WWI (which Germany had won) by the treaty of Versailles
But they didn't win and couldn't win once the Americans had come with over a million troops. Their country was starving.

>>War of 1918, communist Jews from Russia use Germany's weak state and try to overthrow the government, sparking a civil war
I'm pretty sure most if not all of them were Germans.

>>Hitler created over 6 million jobs in 2 years and made the greatest economic recovery in history
I know. Big whoop.

>>Jews made up 2% of the German population yet comprised over 50% of media, 70% of judges, and nearly 100% of the banking system
Proof?

>>Hitler was compassionate towards Jews by agreeing to let them immigrate to Palestine with all of their assets from 1933- start of WWII
Using them as slave labor isn't what I would call "compassionate"

>>Poland started WWII by inflicting atrocities on ethnic Germans inside Poland
I keep hearing about these "atrocities" but I've never seen evidence for them.
Where is the evidence for government-supported atrocities against Germans in Poland? Poland never invaded Germany. GERMANY invaded Poland and threw out the window the non-aggression pact they made earlier in the 30s. It was the Germans who conspired with the Reds to divvy up Eastern Europe between them.

>>Russia and Germany invaded Poland together but the allies only waged war against Germany
Because they weren't idiots. Britain's guarantee on Poland was a line in the sand for Germany, intended to basically act as a warning to the Germans that if they wouldn't stop at Austria and Czechoslovakia then there would be war.

,000 Jews were killed inside of concentration camps (most of them died from typhoid and allied bombs- per International Red Cross)
No source. Discarded.
The 6,000,000 Jews figure is incredibly exaggerated, but not all Jews were killed in concentration camps. Do you know what Einzatsgruppen is, autist?

Literally all of these things were taught to me in a public school at 10th grade

They sort of do teach us most of those.

Holocaust denial was part of your curriculum? I'm not saying 6 million jews died but I doubt your school allowed teachers to dispute Holocaust numbers.

>The (((Jewish Bolsheviks))) had no resources to spare and organize communists in Germany.
So you're just going to pretend that the November revolution didn't happen?

>The 6,000,000 Jews figure is incredibly exaggerated

And you're basing this statement on what exactly?

Lack of evidence.

It happened, but it wasn't funded by the Russian communists.

The November Revolution != the Spartacist uprising. The "Jewish Bolsheviks" did not in fact have anything to do with the November Revolution. The "Jewish" Spartacist uprising was against the government set up in the November Revolution.

Idiot.

If millions of Jews didn't die, where did they all go?

And you've thrown out the Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry's numbers of population decrease why?

Holocaust denial was not part of the curriculum. The instructor insisted that the best way to analyze History is through an empathetic lens - and I believe she was right.

The details are foggy because it was so long ago, but I remember touching on all of these things.

I in no way support Hitler, and neither did she.

They all immigrated to Israel. That's why they had a Jewish population of a bit over half a million after the war, but only a population of about 384,000 Jews in 1936.

>Because the USSR presented it's involvment as saving Poland, also Germany was warned prior to that, and it would have been logistically impossible for Britain and France to go to war with both.

>believing Soviet propaganda over the undeniable fact of invasion that includes a pact with Germany to divide Poland

Did I say anything about the Spartacists in particular?
I don't believe I did...

>the USSR presented
>PRESENTED

>>Germany was screwed over at the end of WWI (which Germany had won) by the treaty of Versailles
>"which Germany had won"
wat?

>It was the lightest of all the WW1 peace treaties
>lightest
It blamed Germany entirely for the war when all they did was honor a treaty.
It inflicted historic hyperinflation, bankrupting every legitimate German worker and creating a paradise for debtors/criminals/losers.
It undoubtedly set the stage for someone like Hitler to come to power.

That's why we took such a different approach to the WW2 treaty.

Everything else is correct.

Based on what? Your own vigorous historical scholarship in Holocaust research?

The German government caused the hyperinflation.

The treaty could have dismembered Germany like Austria-Hungary or Turkey.
Heck Bulgaria lost more land than Germany in terms of % of territory.

I'm having trouble with this one but I am going to assume you are joking.

Really makes you think.

No, you, assuming you're the same guy who wrote claimed that the November revolution was a communist revolution sponsored by the Bolsheviks.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I don't consider that valid evidence of six million Jews dying.

(you)

Why not? What would you consider "valid evidence"?

it should be

>The German government caused the hyperinflation.
The treaty forced Germany to pay 132 billion gold marks.
And the allies wanted it all payed up right now.
The government had no choice but to print.
Hyperinflation happened.
Everyone's life savings became completely worthless.
Government keeps printing and does nothing to help the people.
Hitler comes with "Make Germany Great Again".
Actually does it.
Oh by the way I need to round up all the Jews because reasons.
Well, might as go along with it. Don't want to go back to the way things use to be.
>The treaty could have dismembered Germany like Austria-Hungary or Turkey.
It really should have. But everyone wanted Germany's wealth.

This is hilarious. The roots of the inflation begin with the fact that the Imperial German government had an extraordinarily difficult time funding the mobilization and continuation of war. The German government was forced to float nine war loans in a four year period and each was more under-subscribed than the last (for context, the British floated three and the French four).

In addition to the self-inflicted inflationary pressure from the atrocious management of war funding, Rudolf Havenstein, who was president of the Reichsbank from 1908 to 1923, deliberately conspired with other facets of the German government to sabotage their currency. He had very little interest in curbing inflation and believed, along with many others, that by destroying the economy, the government would be able to force the Allied powers to reconsider the scope of reparations. Given the fact that the Germans were obviously not even going to pretend to make a good faith effort, the French and Belgians occupied the Rhur. The occupation and the death of Havenstein, along with the now protracted suffering of the German people, helped spur the German government to make serious efforts to fix the economy, the currency, and pay reparations. Havenstein's replacement, Hjalmar Schacht, was one of the most competent central bankers of the interwar period and his restoration of the Mark contributed to the completion of the Dawes and Young Plans, which in turn made the reparations process much less burdensome.

To add to this, the reason the already high inflation became hyperinflation in 1923 was not simply because the French occupied the Ruhr, but because the German government responded by declaring "passive resistance" where they essentially paid workers and businesses in the Ruhr not to work for the French. In order to do this, they printed vast sums of money (they had already been printing vast sums before, but they kicked it into overdrive). This is what really killed the German economy. Just paying the reparations the French asked for would have cost far less than "passive resistance" did, and thus would not have triggered the same economic collapse.

imgur.com/a/725A7

>Wilhelm couldn't take the banter so much he started a war to kill his family
>wilhelm is such a fag he insists Lenin cannot smoke or the deal is off
>Wilhelm personally orders Lenin to kill the Romanov dynasty and with it his blessed brother
Germans not even once

OP btfo

polite sage

>The evil jew caused hyperinflation
>totally not the goverment with their flawed policies
>Stresseman just got lucky

All I'm saying is that the importance of revolutionary communist movements in postwar Germany as an influence upon the antisemitic policies of the Nazis doesn't get enough exposure and claiming the Russian revolution had no influence upon the abortive German revolution is intellectually disingenuous.

Seems to me that Turkey got off far lighter, they only really seemed to lose desert shithole land that didn't really matter, I'll admit I'm not an expert on the matter though

>wehraboos
heh

Look up the Treaty of Sevres. Germany got treated with kid gloves.

hyperinflation is usually politics/trade, currency = lending trust, weak busted government = weak currency

>and claiming the Russian revolution had no influence upon the abortive German revolution is intellectually disingenuous.

user, calling the Spartacist uprising the "German Revolution" is what's intellectually dishonest. And I, for one, have never seen evidence of "influence" of the Bolshevik revolution on the November revolution. Perhaps you can provide some. But given that the November Revolution actually succeeded and you called it an "abortive" revolution, I'm not going to be holding my breath.

/pol/ btfo

Let us compare this to the California public education system of the 80's I went through...

(1/2)

Exactly what they taught in us here in California public, citing it as the primary cause of the war.

That too, though not so much "t3h j00s".

This they taught, but when I graduated to higher education, it actually turns out it isn't true. The economic recovery was the result of the reforms of the Weimar republic, which Hitler squandered on a doomed war machine.

>Jews made up 2% of the German population yet comprised over 50% of media, 70% of judges, and nearly 100% of the banking system
They taught us that the Jewish bankers were put in place by the winners of the previous war in order to extort money from Germany, which helped make the rise of anti-semitism a whole lot easier. But then again, the majority of bankers in Europe have been Jewish since even before the Medici's entered the fray, since for a good long time they were the only ones were allowed to practice usury (if not on each other).

>Hitler was compassionate towards Jews by agreeing to let them immigrate to Palestine with all of their assets from 1933- start of WWII
Attempting to export them to Jerusalem was mentioned, but certainly not described as "compassionate" or "agreeing to let" - so much as forced deportation.

This was a false flag, and yes, this was brought up.

>we were taught this
>we were taught this
> we were taught this
>weren't
>move or we'll kill you isn't compassion you cretin
>bullshit
>that's because France and Germany favoured Russians over Germany
>the peace plan was bullshit
>more bullshit

(2/2)

And it would have defeated the entire purpose of the war.

I'll give ya that 6 million is an exaggeration (and the numbers we got in school tended to be less), but it was also certainly more than 300K.

If I went to public school in the bluest state in the nation, and host to the Jewish world media machine that is Hollywood to boot, I wonder why it is your propaganda varies from theirs primarily more in tone than factual differences.

Because OP is a shitposter
t. another california user

Nice strawman

>Write a massive wall of text arguing against most of OP's points
>get accused of being le /pol/!!!!!!!

Really makes you fucking think

>The roots of the inflation begin with the fact that the Imperial German government had an extraordinarily difficult time funding the mobilization and continuation of war.
Yes and the other nations in the war were doing the same.
The pre surrender inflation was miniscule compared to post surrender.
Why are you even bringing it up like Germany was the only country facing inflation?
What you are implying is they intetionally started devaluing there currency half way through the war. That's an absolute joke.

>Given the fact that the Germans were obviously not even going to pretend to make a good faith effort
HOW?
It was estimated that there was not even that much wealth on the entire planet at the time.
Everyone outside of the conflict saw it would be impossible for the Germans
to repay.
It was clearly designed to destroy the German economy because the European powers saw Germany's blooming economy as a massive threat before the war.

>Just paying the reparations the French asked for would have cost far less than "passive resistance" did, and thus would not have triggered the same economic collapse.
Europe was a powder keg because Germany came into existence, wanted into the colonial game, but England and France had them locked out of the market.
Germany's economy was an economic powerhouse pre-war that threatened to shift the entire power balance of Europe.

It was quite literally impossible to pay all of the reparations. France knew it, England knew it, Germany knew it, and it was exactly what the allied powers wanted.

It's stuff like this that lends credibility to holocaust deniers and alike.

My school couldn't help but bang on about how Germany got the short end of the stick with Versailles.

>guy provides evidence
>"That's not evidence, but I won't provide reasons why"
>"There's no evidence!"
Fuck off back to your containment board.

not him, but population figures aren't evidence. It's essentially just a repeat of the claim.

>imgur.com/a/725A7

Oh boy, the most exciting time of the day has finally come!

History is fanfiction written by the winners.

It was the lightest. The other two major members of the Central Powers didn't even exist anymore whereas even with the loss of territory the core of Germany remained largely intact and returned to prewar population by 1930. The Germans were essentially back on their feet within fifteen years of war's end. The Turks on the other hand ended up fighting several costly wars and continuing their wartime policies of ethnic cleansing just to maintain territorial integrity and the Austrians didn't even try.

out-right lie