What're your favorite Onion articles (about history)?

What're your favorite Onion articles (about history)?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/graphic/november-22-1963-10584
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This one.

theonion.com/graphic/november-22-1963-10584

It's funny because it was written without the benefit of hindsight.

>Sanctions and bombing campaigns of Iraq

>bombing campaigns in Afghanistan

>Jamaica and Somalian failed military actions

>Kosovo/yugoslavian war

>"DUDE CLINTON WAS SO PEACEFUL LMAO!"

You are so fucking mad.

right wingers are ironically the most easily triggered people on earth

what did he say that was wrong though

it seems to me like the only difference between republicans and democrats is democrats just drone and bomb the shit out of people without declaring war and republicans put boots on the ground

>pointing out facts means youre triggered

holy shit, please just go back you shitposters

Well, the military actions undertaken by Clinton were considerably smaller in scale and shorter in duration than those undertaken by Bush. The comparison falls flat there.

#triggered

>get proven wrong
>better shift the goalpost from wars in general to the scales of the wars themselves

aight

This reads like a lefty trying to use alt right lingo

>The comparison falls flat there.

Its not about comparing them you dumb fuck, its about calling Clinton peaceful when he oversaw numerous military actions.

Why would you think someone pointing this out means they are triggered? Are you just using buzzwords that dont even make any contextual sense to make a joke or something?

>somebody makes a casual joke about GOP foreign policy
>THAT ISN'T TRUE CLINTON STARTED WAY MORE WARS YOU LEFTY SHIT

like don't they make Ativan where you live?

I didn't say anything or really have a dog in this race before that post.

That Onion article, aside from the fact it is actually a parody article, never claimed the Clinton era was one of absolute peace. But compared to the Bush era, there was considerably less American military action undertaken, it was, relatively speaking "peaceful."

You are, as the previous posters said, triggered.

#triggered

>I don't understand the difference between an absolute statement and a relative statement in a comedy article.

Yep, you're triggered.

>Did you just express your view on an event by pointing out historical examples that prove my point wrong? lol looks like youre the exact same as hyperactive, extreme leftist, professionally offended, busy bodies who claim to have post traumatic stress disorder from seeing a sexy video game character and who have a massive victim complex!

really made me think

>get confronted with facts

>REEEE YOURE TRIGGERED!

Thanks for ruining the thread leftist!

At this point, this reply chain has gone on longer than the actual thread.

But yeah, Clinton was better at war than Bush, which is why nobody even noticed the Clinton wars.

The secret is not to let them shoot back.

>That Onion article, aside from the fact it is actually a parody article, never claimed the Clinton era was one of absolute peace

yes it did. Thats the joke it was making, Bush was going to end the peacefull years under Clinton. I just pointed out Clinton wasnt peaceful and oversaw various military actions which caused you to go on an autistic shitposting spree over nothing.

you really need to calm down

And here you are, proving my point by continuing to spew butthurt vitriol.

Bush's foreign policy was considerably more aggressive than Clinton's. One of those conflicts you brought up was actually started by the first Bush, and a couple of them were peacekeeping operations. These don't really compare to full-blown invasions and long-term occupations of foreign countries.

>Clinton was better at war than Bush

>sanctions and bombing campaign fail to remove Saddam from power

>bombing campaign fails in Afghanistan to get rid of Al-Qeada

>Jamaica and Somalia are both failed operations. Military is literally ordered to run away by Clinton

>Kosovo keeps its independence

1 to 4 is pretty shitty m8.

triggered

>yes it did.

Exact quote, kindly.

>Bush was going to end the peacefull years under Clinton

Peace, is again a relative term.

>you really need to calm down

I'm not the one who went into an autistic freak out over a joke in a joke newspaper.

>And here you are, proving my point by continuing to spew butthurt vitriol.

>carefully pointing out the illogical nature of my knee jerk buzzword usage which contextually doesnt even make sense proves my point for vague and arbitrary reasons I have just made up!

>*moves the goalpost in the hopes no one realizes not only how wrong I am, but what an asshole I am for shitposting and ruining a thread because I was confronted with facts I dont like

really made me think

>no Americans die
>no Americans die
>tiny number of Americans die
>Serbs are really angry

Also, you forgot Bosnia.

And are you like 100% you didn't mean Haiti, because the US never intervened militarily in Jamaica.

What happened is the US threatened to invade Haiti if the military junta running the country didn't put the president back in charge, and the junta backed down as the first airborne units were in the air on their way to go freedom some people.

>getting this autistic over the fact that clinton wasnt peaceful

lol. I was just casually pointing it out and didnt even mean to make you guys so butthurt either. I will NEVER underestimate the petty autism of Veeky Forums again.

I never set the goalposts. The Clinton era was more peaceful than the Bush era, this is just an objective fact. We can compare it in military expenditures and lives lost to prove it.

>no americans dying in a bombing campaign means the bombing campaign was successful

serioauly, are you retarded?

>I never set the goalposts.

>literally moves the goalpost in the NEXT sentence

really made me think

But I never did. Unless you think I work for the Onion, and in that case he never made it clear if he was using peace as an absolute or relative term.

So, why are you having an autistic freakout over this?

It's all cost-benefit ratio, broseph.

If you aren't min-maxing and sending brown people to die in your stead, you aren't ready for 21st century combat.

Also

>he thought the US intervened in Jamaica

like nigga, how you gonna be on a history board posting like you know shit when you think the US sent peacekeepers to fucking Jamaica.

Jamaica is where the peacekeepers go to piss away their reenlistment bonus on ganja and cheap beer.

>Thread on a topic of images
>Three images in
>Someone gets offended at the third image
>The rest of the thread is walls of text

>OTTOMAN EMPIRE ALMOST DECLARES WAR ON ITSELF
every time

>We wish to be counted among the loyal allies of this back-stabbing racist hate-nation
>I salute you, chinky-dinky rat-men

>Royal baby last one to see mother's breast
when the naked photo of kate middleton was leaked