How is this country fine with being named after its former colonial overlord?

How is this country fine with being named after its former colonial overlord?
Is there a cuckier thing you could do as a free nation?

The people that live there were never all part of the same country until the 17th century. By the time they finally became a sovereign country, everyone in the world, including themselves, had been calling it The Philippines for around 300 years. When it's the name that everyone both in and out of your nation knows your nation by, you might as well just keep it. Same goes for Angola and other African countries that retained their colonial names.

We don't call them niggers of asia for no reason

there's too many islands there why did they have to make it so hard on us who the fuck is going to remember all those islands be like hawaii make it 10 tops

Flip here. I believe we are the biggest cucks of all.

the mexico of asia is a more precise term I think

funfact, of all the countries in the world that were named after specific people Bolivia is the only one that was named after a person who was still alive

Same with France

Agreed with Mexicans.

Niggers of Asia would be more like Thai dude.

Why Thai?

East Timor

It's never had any other name

Thais are cool, and have great food.

How is this continent fine with being named after an italian cartographer?
Is there a cuckier thing you could do as sovereign states?

They are at the same level

How is this country fine with not having a name?

Thais are historically pretty based, they have the largest empire in Indochina before colonisation, easily one of the more based country in SEA

Niggers would be East Timor

You have smaller regions like Manila and Mindanao, but the islands as a whole were united in the name of Philip II.

Also if the island was named after some muslim, christian or pagan polity it would make the other groups mad. It is better if it is named after some long gone historical figure, that way the title becomes more of a plain pragmatic thing rather than a source of contention.

The reason Philippine is treated in such a way is because they're located in Asia, where this level of cuckoldry is uncommon and considered shameful, if they're located in Africa, South America, or Pacific islands, it wouldn't be considered a problem and they would fit right in

This has actually always bugged the fuck out of me. Like, there's so many iconic figures from the Age of Exploration, and they picked ... that guy?

Yeah, yeah, I know, he proved that America wasn't Asia or whatever, who gives a shit. He didn't actually do anything COOL.

No hay mayor gloria que ser derrotado por un castellano y dejar impregnar a estos sus mujeres

reminder

/thread