What happens when bitcoin forks august 1st?

What happens when bitcoin forks august 1st?
Core or unlimited? Will it be a ethereum situation?
Who wins?

Other urls found in this thread:

poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.03.17-Hard-Fork/
pastebin.com/HaUFmW0f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

all you fuck heads only care about the short term, none of you will get rich
fucks

really? NONE of you know about this?

it'll be interesting, I think they will do a soft fork to begin with, and end up with hard fork down the road

Buy ETH while you still can. 1 august ETH will be going to another galaxy

What happens on August 1st?

UASF

UASF nigga, chain-split is H A P P E N I N G, get out of BTC while you can

Bitcoin trans fees are too high and it takes too long for the trans to be confirmed. So, a split could happen as bitcoin unlimited believe they have a better solution for high fees and trans time.

Wouldn't you want to be in during the fork?

BUY ETHEREUM
ETHEREUM MOON
M
O
O
N

yes

No, loss of confidence will cause prices to plummet, and Jihan will be playing dirty as his position in the bitcoin community relies on asicboost which UASF eliminates

>bitcoin unlimited believe they have a better solution
No they don't.

A HF is required to maintain asicboost, this is literally all this is about, a faggot chink miner that desperately wants to maintain his position

How will exchanges deal with the fork? Right now, everything correlates with bitcoin because you need to buy btc to cash out. How will this affect people trying to cash out and alt coin prices?

yes they do believe

1) links to any good concise videos explaining the basic gestalt of the whole forking issue?
2) what happens if it forks? Do half my bitcoins become core and half become unlimited?
3) what's the difference between the two daughter strains? Any chance of either of them being a jewish scheme to get the fed to control crypto?

I don't trust Trace Mayer, he seems like some sort of sociopath when he speaks. He's just off. He's with core. So take that as you wish.

>Mayer
of course

lelelel

No, they don't

This is about asicboost, this has always been about asicboost

Shitcoins will crash hard, coins that can readily be converted to fiat will moon, so ETH & USDT, pretty much

wouldn't be surprised to see USDT over $1.5 during the split

What if the opposite happens?

Opposite of what?

shitcoins shots up in value because people will want to stay away from bitcoins until further notice

USDT-USD will still be $1. Just that BTC-USDT will drop. People that are holding USDT will not make any money, so the price of USDT will not rise.

Mayer is saying high fees is good for bitcoin
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK WHY IS ANYBODY FOLLOWING HIM

shitcoins are denominated and traded in BTC, when BTC crashes traders pull out of shitcoins into BTC so they can cash-out, causing shitcoins to fall even faster than BTC, causing more people to pull-out etc etc

Shitcoins fall when BTC falls
Shitcoins fall when BTC rises
Shitcoins rise when BTC is flat and traders get bored

sell right before the fork, buy again immediately after fork while prices are plummeted. hold bags.

So all I'm getting from this thread is to convert all my shitcoins to ETH sometime in July?

So nothing really happens when you just hodl

USDT-USD rose to almost $1.10 during the late may "crash"

Not that many people have Tether accounts, crashes cause jumps in the USDT price

During a crash? No, value in USD declines even faster than value BTC

example:
SHIT is trading @ 100sat, BTC is trading @ $3000, crash happens, BTC falls to $2000, SHIT holders sell for BTC so they can cash-out, SHIT falls to 66sat, SHIT fell 34% in BTC & 66% in USD

seems like a good time to buy some SHIT

Tell that to the normies

double money:
poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.03.17-Hard-Fork/

and this:

Buy does a bitcoin crash cause people to want to buy USDT with their USD? I can understand the price of USDT going up relative to BTC during a crash, but why USDT-USD?

because USDT supply trails demand

Sure, but you don't want to be exposed to SHIT during

everything will dip, eth will stabilize the fastest though

not pastebin.com/HaUFmW0f
eth is russian hackers scam
you stick in eth

ok

the ONLY ligitive ICO - mining

Depends on what Bitcoins does, if they cannot find a solution to their prohibitively high fees, the talk is that ETH will take over.

I am going to invest all I can on ETH for now, august is really close.

wu and unlimited will win
price wont change much