Inherit a poor, weak kingdom at war with 3 countries at the same time

>Inherit a poor, weak kingdom at war with 3 countries at the same time
>Win tremendously big victorys against 2 of them (Russia and poland), and prevented a larger victory for the third one (Denmark)
>This along with good rulership made Sweden gain a great power status
>Intervene in the 30 years war with tremendous success only to die a short time after during the war.
>His left behind legacy and reforms were enough for Sweden to gain victory anyway
What a fucking legend

How can other monarchs even compare?

>it takes less than 100 years for swedes to piss all that away

100 years is not particularly long, but it isn't short neither

Russia was in a bad state when Sweden kicked their ass, then Russia got their shit together.

>Exuses
Sweden wasn't in her greatest state either

Not to mention that we successfully defended our previous gains from them during the second northern war

Not even the Soviet Union lasted a hundred years, yet it's impact is massive to this day.

>excuses
Facts.

>we
Oh, nevermind. Keep larping.

>Oh, nevermind keep larping
Not an argument.

>WE
-fought against both Denmark, Poland and Russia at the same time. And we were extremely weak before Gustavus Adolphus. It was good planning and good everything else which gained us victory

stop claiming kinship with kings of old din hanrej

>Not an argument.

Neither is calling the interregnum and civil war in the young Russia an "excuse". Sweden paid Denmark for peace, got the Baltic swamp from Russia for peace, and later in time Russia got everything it lost and more back from Sweden.

Sweden is overall a failed imperialist, and WE WUZ and MUH ANCESTORS THO shit coming from swedes is pathetic not only in the usual way, like it is for british nerds, but also in a larper way, since Sweden wasn't much.

It's not to far fetched that a skilled soldier or even general would be my ancestor

depending on his surname and assuming his descent is 100% swedish chances are good he has kinship with a soldier of old tho

It was you who decided to attack Poland. It doesn't differ from Germany's
>we fought against whole world!
>and you lost
>but muh k/d

Stop claiming the honor of your potentially maybe perhaps grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-father. Go make a chair and be proud of that. Fag.

>not being proud of your country and ancestors
is this how it feels to be american

but its the opposite, americans are constantly spouting their heritage, they're always, "something-american" like "irish-american" or "italian-american"

we know our heritage for sure and can trace it backwards for centuries through church books though while theyre shit out of luck

Wow, just wow.

Okay Ivan, the "baltic swamp" was incredibly valuable because the coast russia had left was some irrelevant shit coast in Asia or the frozen arctic sea.

>Fighting against 3 countries at the same time and making it out so well isn't impressive
Okay

Russia was weak and crippled, but we fought 2 others at the same time. And not to mention we were extremely weak back then as well

Our great power status was unsustainable, Russia always had advantages so don't you come with that. In spite of it we kept it a decent amount of time.

And the 30 years war intervention was objectively impressive

>taking pride in things you had no effect on
>being retarded

Pick two fagt

t. culturemarxist

t. immigrant

>Sweden gain a great power status
This never happened

>but we fought 2 others at the same time
Poland was at war with Turks, Tatars, Swedes and/or Russians for literally 88 years out of whole 17th century and by that time Commonwealth was past its' golden age. There's nothing impressive about sitting in some shithole, growing in strenght, chimping out, losing and then going WE WUZ STRONK N SHEEEEIT

Yes. Poland was utterly fucking destroyed towards the end.

They were still decently strong in the beginning of the 17th century though, which is the war i'm talking about

t. product of he modern individualistic society

you're the immigrant tho mr murrican, my ancestors have lived here for at least 1200+ years :^)

>ivan

Not Russian. I am just also not a fucking larper, roleplaying as dead minor kings.

>surrounded by enemies
>have some succesful military reforms
>still surrounded by enemies
>collapse

>Inherit a poor, weak kingdom that was at war with everybody at the same time
>do nothing
>die
What a fucking legend

I'm not roleplaying. I live in Sweden and have the vast majority of my ancestry in the country as well.

Where are you from then, world citizen?

>>Inherit a poor, weak kingdom that was at war with everybody at the same time
>>do nothing
>The king lived for quite a long time and, together with his men, managed to keep intact the empire against the French power of Louis XIV, achieved one of the greatest deflations in history, increasing purchasing power in their kingdoms, he increased the public revenue and his reign saw the end of hunger and the beginning of peace.

>be retarded
>become king anyway
>die

rootless american liberals from california trying to dissolve national identities to feel better

he was cute kid