Are there any examples of economically powerful states that didn't become politically powerful?

Are there any examples of economically powerful states that didn't become politically powerful?

Canada

Liechtenstein and Luxembourg. Switzerland may belong on that list as well.

Germany post reunification.

>Germany
>not political powerful
I disagree. Germany is relatively poltically powerful even if it is a dog to the US.

Canada has more political power than most people give it credit for, although that's a mostly recent development

Singapore, Switzerland, Monaco, Brunei.

And yet no one likes us, because of /int/ shit posting.

>And yet no one likes us, because of /int/ shit posting
Nobody likes you because cuckanda is a fake nation which annoys everyone.

You want a (You)? Well you're not getting one you fucking faggot. Troll harder next time.

More like because Canada is a non-country, it's basically just USA with a slightly British bent. It's America's Belarus or Ukraine pretty much.

>This it what leafs actually believe

Why thank you for giving me another (You). Personally, don't give a shit what you fuckers think, I like living in Canada and I don't have to deal with the shitstains that everyone says we have, because I don't live in Ontario. Doesn't matter anyway, World War 3 is coming soon.

Sorry buddy. Maple syrup and hokey aren't measurements of Power. Mexico would beat you beat you in a war.

Cuckbec is even worse than Ontario.

The Netherlands.

Indonesia is a pretty good example.

THIS
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if, in a few years, they just joined the States.
At least they can support the Commonwealth from within.

High gdp per capita doesn't mean powerful. Just relatively powerful.

I think atm mostly Japan, but historically the Hansa I guess? Portugal?

Japan I don't know about. They're pretty good at strategic international relations, which is part economic and part using the US's opposition to a rising China to advance their own interests. South Korea seems the same way.

Mali and Lydia definitely make the list.

Also I forgot to add that I don't know about the Hansa, because I don't know if they really count as a state. But Portugal is spot on. Maybe Belgium before WW1 too?

Modern Japan; major economic force and cultural exporter but in the shadow of the US in terms of international politics.