Jericho was founded in 9600 BC

>Jericho was founded in 9600 BC
Do people actually believe this bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuragic_civilization
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In the sense there was a continuous habitation of the site since then, yes

This. There are usually like 7 layers of ruins underneath those places

That's retarded

>Blatant racism and trolling will not be tolerated, and a high level of discourse is expected

Not really

Why not

>inb4 /pol/tard
>inb4 creationcuck

Somehow I doubt the local chieften held a ribbon cutting ceremony and named it exactly like how we would spell Jericho...

But it is one of the oldest known human settlement

Youve yet to come up with anything of substance op, so fuck off

How could humans make a city over 10000 years ago? Fuck off

there is objective evidence of people building megalithic structures in that area for at least 12,000 years.

Yeah It was a small citadel in the early neolithic, it already had walls n shit

there was a time that you could call anyone a nigger anywhere on the site and it wasn't any worse than saying "bro".

people have forgotten.

Humans over 10,000 years ago weren't much different than they were 4000 years ago when they were making cities all of the place...maybe?

Yes you Goy... I mean friend

neolithic humans lived quite a bit differently from bronze age humans, actually. and there isn't much evidence of anything being around 12k years ago outside of the fertile crescent. yellow river valley a couple thousand years later.

to add to this, water levels were very different during this time, and there is likely a large amount of evidence underneath oceanbeds that we may never be able to access. who knows, the first civilization could have been in what is now the persian gulf 20k years ago. there's still a lot we don't understand.

>People got to Corsica and Sardinia before the Renaissance
Do people actually believe this shit?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuragic_civilization

tard, their crap litters the island.

Stop stealing my old bait

This, boats weren't invented till way later. And they couldn't even go that far.

Well it is believed the first Sardinians were mammoth farmers from Italy Who got trapped in the ice and couldn't go back because the ice bridge broke

I know this is all bait, but just to keep it from wrecking the thread too quickly from some retard I'll just leave this map of neolithic sea levels here for anyone who wants to look at it, the ancient existence of boats aside.

m8 the distance was to far to sail and they couldn't navigate either before the Renaissance.

yawn.

Since we're talking about neolithic Sardinia and boats, it is interesting to note that Sardinian obsidian was pretty popular in the Mediterranean and has been found in France, the balearic islands, Italy and Iberia

>neolithic humans lived quite a bit differently from bronze age humans

How so?

The ancients were a lot more advanced then people like to believe

You can call people "nigger" if its obviously not in a racial context. In a racial context, you've never been able to do it outside /b/ and /pol/ more recently. If you've not been banned for it, it just because the mods didn't notice, not because its allowed.

Lel no

Yes though

There was also a time when a nigger wasn't a black person.

No not at all

It literally is tho

>Veeky Forums mods are capricious

What else is new.

Incidentally, the rapper fifty cent is a nigger, and I mean that in a racial context.

why the fuck are ancient ruins so deep underground

like yeah obviously dust and shit but even roman ruins are like 6 feet underground wtf?

Soil moving around over time. Wind and rain are a lot stronger than you'd expect - even in modern suburbia, it's easy to find instances of a whole lot of new soil being deposited somewhere after a rainstorm, or the slow creep of the edges of lawns over sidewalks and driveways that requires re-edging every couple of years.

Now imagine those effects compounding over decades and millenia. And add on top of it the ravages of war, pillage, and resettlement. Many of these places were cities for a reason - they were favorable places to live. Sure, sections may become abandoned and run down at certain points, but as they start to get reclaimed by the earth it's easier to just knock down what's left and bury what you can't get rid of than return it to its "original" state.

so is the totoal height increasing as years go on or does finite amounts of dirt get shifted around

Dirt getting shifted around and things settling and sinking.

your mother sucks cocks in hell, butt nigger.

Why?

Besides the complete ruin of a structure and not being used for a decade or two, I feel like people would most likely try to reuse/replace old standing walls and such to ease workability.
Can soils really just pile up really fast over time? Or is there something I'm not really thinking about?
Because accumulating some ~10 feet per story covered, with multiple stories underground, sounds quite astronomical for random dumping of soils.

>Sardinian obsidian

sick rhyme

Nigger

>I feel like people would most likely try to reuse/replace old standing walls and such to ease workability.
And they often did. The places we see buried are the examples where it didn't happen for whatever reason. Usually all that's left is foundations, which can get buried fairly easily - buildings rarely get buried like that completely intact.

>Because accumulating some ~10 feet per story covered, with multiple stories underground, sounds quite astronomical for random dumping of soils.
It depends entirely on where you are. Most cities are build along waterways, where soil deposition happens very fast. Much of Antioch, for example, has been buried by the Orontes.

No metal smelting for one thing

Nothing existed before 4000 BC

Yeah from what little I know people often build atop older foundations and small bits of the orignal building get preserved that way. Occasionally a natural disaster happens or a basement is buried or walled over and we get a bit more