Were the Soviets the real heroes of WW2? Was Stalingrad really the heaviest combat in the history of warfare?

Were the Soviets the real heroes of WW2? Was Stalingrad really the heaviest combat in the history of warfare?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KickTheSonOfABitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anti-heroes at best
And became the primary antagonists in the sequel

>Were the Soviets the real heroes of WW2?
Well, kind of considering they defeated Nazis. But from Polish, Finnic or Baltic perspective not so much.

yes
they lost millions more than everyone else so that everyone else could win
xd

What could they have done without American aid at a crucial moment?

>inb4 huge death count means they contributed more

>Many times they were fighting 200 german divisions at once
you tell me

>Were the Soviets the real heroes of WW2?

Define 'real heroes'. I'd say they were the biggest contributor to the Allied victory, yes, but nowhere near to the extent that the tankies would have you believe.

Don't measure by divisions. German divisions, especially in the East, were chronically below authorized strength. Measure by numbers of men and materiel deployed.

>According to a presentation by Alfred Jodl, the Wehrmacht was up to 7,849,000 personnel in April 1944. 3,878,000 were deployed in eastern Europe, 311,000 in Norway/Denmark, 1,873,000 in western Europe, 961,000 in Italy, and 826,000 in the Balkans.[44]

>Being forced into suicidal charges with 1/3 ratio of men/firearms
>Meaning you had to wait for a comrade to die while trying to dodge fucking bullets
>If you tried to retreat back there were artillery posts ready to mince you in the spot
Truly horrifying shit

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KickTheSonOfABitch
I can sum your question up with a tvtropes article.

>Soviets
>Heroes

Well, technically, nah

Enemy at the Gates wasn't a documentary.

they bore the brunt of casualties incurred and inflicted upon the nazis.

The part about the "sniper duel" against a german colonel named "Erwin Konig" is likely apocryphal
But many stuff holds true

No shit Sherlock

You fucking asshole with that fucking strawman. They didn' win by lying down and waiting for the US, they are the winners because they inflicted way more casualties than all other "allied" forces combined. Pathetic western allies, pff

>likely

Ok completely
But barrier troops and suicidal charges happened

>Communists
>Heroes
>Ever
Not even a Fascist. I hate them too, but fuck not with those genocides.

Soviets were just defending themselves, the Western Allies are the heroes because they actually chose war with Hitler.

>they chose fighting for the jew
That makes them dumber than the soviets then
Nothing to be proud of

After the beginning of war in Europe, the USA declared themselves the neutral country and acted according to the law about the neutrality, accepted on May 1, 1937.
Powerful impact of Japanese carrier-based connection on the ships of the Pacific Ocean fleet of the USA in Pearl Harbor. Result - Americans sustained heavy losses. During the same day the air formations of Japan, which were being been based on Taiwan island, completed the concentrated attacks on the airfields of the Philippines. in the night on December 8 the Japanese they landed landing on the north of Malaya — in to Tomcat-bar. At dawn the same day Japanese aviation subjected to sudden bombing British airfields in Malaye and Singapore, simultaneously the troops of Japan landed in South Thailand.
In the morning on December 8 President F. Roosevelt, after coming out before both houses of Congress, reported the treacherous attack of Japan. Congress accepted resolution about the declaration as it war.

>What could they have done without American aid at a crucial moment?
when the first lend lease shipment arrived the Germans had already lost their initiative and were being pushed back. Without American help they probably still would have won but it would have been a FAR longer and bloodier affair.

Also not true.

>961,000 in Italy, and 826,000 in the Balkans
Holy shit, i thought that the Yugoslav resistance was a meme.

I was not aware the Germans were pushed back in '41 when the first western lend lease arrived.

Fpbp.

>I was not aware the Germans were pushed back in '41 when the first western lend lease arrived.
Goes to show you how little you know you shit for brains.

I know Stalingrad stated in '42.
So the Germans were pushed back but still somehow made it to Stalingrad that is impressive incompetence on the part of the Soviets if they managed to lose a city after killing an overextended armies momentum. But I guess that is why they needed allied help to win the war which was expressed by Stalin I belive it was to Kruschev that with out lend lease they would have lost the war. The diminishing of the importance of lend lease by the soviets was deliberate propaganda. And now that Soviet records have gotten out many historians agree with this view.