Why is the idea of managing people's reproductive patterns so controversial?

Why is the idea of managing people's reproductive patterns so controversial?

Same reason managing what people can eat is so controversial; you're controlling their bodies.

I don't know if you're baiting or not.

You mean kicking their balls?

The obesity epidemic is so bad in the USA it's considered a national security threat.

Really makes you think.

>2050
>China and Russia force the US into humiliating submission without resistance because no one in America is fit to fight in its military
>American president passes out in the humiliating meeting because of diabeetus

>Russia

Have you ever been to Russia? There's heaps of fat fuck russkies

At least there's a strong bodybuilding culture in the US

Because there is no objective measure to work towards by practising eugenics.

All you're working towards is the subjective conception of "good human" of those in power. This is pretty whimsical. On the other hand, letting natural selection do its thing is just eugenics on a mass scale where the subjective opinions of all humans are used instead of a few planners.

I don't see why the arbitrary opinions of a few are more desirable than the arbitrary opinions of many, but I can see arguments for the converse.

It's not though. Wherever you find people pushing for abortions and free access to contraceptives a crypto eugenicist will never be far away. All the old pre wwii eugenics organizations still exist they just changed their names.

But don't you see? Natural selection can no longer "do its thing"; when it could, it was engendered by the deaths of the unfit before they could reproduce. Now cushy civilization shields the weak from the perilous elements long enough to fuck each other. The theory of eugenics is that social Darwinism now "does its thing" such that the fit end up in the higher social class. Theoretically, the aristocracy who would model the ideal after themselves would be correct

I'd rather have that than Russia's HIV/Hepatitis epidemic from all the heroin, or China's asthma/cancer epidemic from all the smog.

Natural selection doesn't actually mean "the best survive", it means "fittest" only extends to "fit enough to reproduce".

In either case, either it's flawed because it preserves the "weak" in a physical sense (that guy with shitty vision can get glasses and isn't worried about tigers), or we realize that the computer engineer with glasses is still more useful to a modern society than Chad Meathead the aspiring football player. Yet even in that case, Chad is probably gonna be getting more women, though perhaps if the computer scientist becomes rich it may offset it.

As for those who rise to the top, this can still mean those who rise to the top because they're best at rising to the top, rather than any actual value they have to offer. Con-men, unscrupulous sociopaths, corrupt politicians, etc. The people who produce very little but are savy at using what is produced to their advantage. In that case sure, they're "fit" to rise to the top, but not in a way that's advantageous. And if everyone in a society fit this category, society probably wouldn't function, because many of them essentially depend on having "suckers" in order to thrive.

>allow shit tier males and females to pass on their genetic code

Use your brain and define shit-tier lest you fall into your own category.

>thinks Russians are fatter than Americans
>thinks Russians are less manly than Americans

Ugly, weak, dumb. I don't think we even restrict people with known genetic diseases from reproducing.

why can they manage what drugs i can take?

How about you just let individual people exercise their individual will when it doesn't infringe upon the rights of others?

Twiddly Dee having a dozen children with twiddly dumb can very quickly lead to a situation where my rights are placed in a precarious position.

"can" doesn't necessarily mean "will", and those rules could very easily get applied to you if Twiddly Dee elected a politician who supported him over you

Because civilization is based on managing people's reproductive pattern.

If a man can't be sure of his investment in a woman, that's a man not tied to a current regime of things.

Russians' aren't fatter than Americans, but they're pretty close up there.

~60% of Russians are overweight+obese. ~25% of total russian pop is obese.
~70% of US are overweight+obese. 35% of Americans are obese.

~10% difference.

American obese guy: McDonalds junkie gamer nerd

Russian obese guy: MMA champion

>ugly
>[my personal] ideal aesthetics should be a reason to bar reproduction within an entire society

Wouldn't the women not choosing the ugly male be the bar set?

???

Did you post on wrong board?

Plenty of ugly men reproduce, often with ugly women. Sometimes with attractive ones, if they're socially/financially successful.

Did (You)?