Ordered one of these Nanos and it should be arriving next month so my coins aren't sitting on Coinbase

Ordered one of these Nanos and it should be arriving next month so my coins aren't sitting on Coinbase.

When I get it I just need to write down the 24 word passcode right incase anything happened to the device? Or do I also need to write down public/private keys as well. Can I view those on the device?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html
cryptocoinsnews.com/john-mcafee-bitcoin-will-become-standard-world/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just need the passwords

You'll get fucked by a keylogger before then

There's a card in the box that has a line for you to write each of the 24 words the device shows when you initialize it. I would recommend writing these down on the card AND somewhere safe (like in your gmail with 2FA).

If you put your passcode incorrectly 3 times, it will wipe and reset the device. You will need those 24 words to restore the keys.

Also, if the device gets lost/stolen and you need access the coins immediately... you can create a temporary ETH wallet on MEW using those same words. (You can buy another Nano S and restore the keys with the 24 words too)

Basically, as long as you have those 24 words you can always access your wallet, with or without the Nano.

I have 2FA enabled.

I don't get it. I don't need the address the coins are on? Just the 24 word passphrase?

It comes with instructions, fuck.

yes! you can even use 12 words. that's plenty of entropy.

keep the 12 words safe. Security through obsurity. use firdge magnets to write them and then take a picture of you and your family in front of the fridge, and then copy and save it on multiple usb sticks .

you don't have to write down private keys for as long as you have your bip39 seed which are those words

Look up BIP 39 / BIP 44

>not getting it tattooed backwards on your butt

It's like you're trying to get your coins stolen.

Got a link to the BIP39 wallet? I'd like to test it out.

AHAHAHA you think 2FA will save you moron? They already have your private key screenshotted

Who does? Coinbase?

coinomi.com/recovery-phrase-tool.html

thanks user

>getting robbed while literally being fucked in the ass

>100 million US phones with sleeper RAT's
>when you download your first wallet screenshots your private key

you're fucked on a ticking timebomb until the second you transfer your BTC to your hardware wallet, user.

forgot link to article
cryptocoinsnews.com/john-mcafee-bitcoin-will-become-standard-world/

What is a sleeper rat? What should I do in the meantime until my wallet arrives?

explain my little faggot!

> btc wallet
> on a phone controlled by a multi-billion dollar company

Digging your own hole.