My friend is a no coiner but is heavily into the world of stocks/finance

My friend is a no coiner but is heavily into the world of stocks/finance.

He says that bitcoin will in the long run never be very valuable since the only thing it has going for it was the fact that it was first and that it is extremely insecure and vulnerable to hackers. He says that other coins, especially ethereum will overtake it and btc will fade into obscurity.

Is he right, wrong or somewhere in between?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ethereumfraud
forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2016/11/26/ethereums-latest-hard-fork-shows-it-has-a-very-long-way-to-go/#6b7fa47a443a
cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-issues-security-alert-after-fork-transactions-may-be-reverted
i.imgur.com/yDWN7nX.png
twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/871349919612841985
i.imgur.com/0dEpVld.png
cointimes.tech/2016/11/ethereumbubblecrash/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds like he has no idea what hes talking about

>bitcoin is insecure

in what way?

this!
bitcoin is not going anywhere. And this is coming from an Eth Whale.

ETH and BTC are the pillars of crypto.

He's right. We should get just put our money into a savings account and make 0.25% per yr.

That's free money

He's right. But in the meantime we are getting plus value.

Bitcoin will be dead after retards kill it on August 1st of this year.

Cryptocurrency, though, is an idea that can't be censored -- the genie is out of the bottle.

Pull your stuff out of BTC slowly, and make sure your account is empty before Aug 1 2017.

If you want to move that money into another crypto, Ethereum is by far the best bet.

Digibyte is my bank account.

>insecure and vulnerable to hackers

Meanwhile it's been around since 2009 and the only thing getting hacked are shitty exchanges.

Hey Mr. Whale, wanna make a small contribution to the National Poorfag Foundation? Thanks

It's tough to say, he could be right. Bitcoin might be too big to adapt and another coin could pass it. Although I wouldn't use that as a reason not to buy bitcoin, another coin isn't going to pass it overnight.

>"bitcoin -- is extremely insecure and vulnerable to hackers"
>but Ethereum isn't and will overtake it
Funny friend you have. If there's something that's vulnerable to hackers it's Etherdum and the trash that gets built on it by node.js retards.

faggot

Gold will never be valuable either.

literally this
what's good about cryptos is that they are decentralized. How is eth decentralized if vitalik holds a majority of all coins? Tell that to me?

>He says that other coins, especially ethereum will overtake it and btc will fade into obscurity.

ETH and BTC are apples and oranges, there is no reason the two can't coexist. Will other coins eventually overtake ETH and BTC? Of course, everyone already knows this will happen eventually, but how long? 5 years? 10 years? 100 years? Did your friend mention a time frame for his retarded prediction?

are you stupid? He's never owned more than .7% of the coins. Less now bc he sold 25% of his holdings for $6 a coin about a year ago

>Bitcoin is insecure
No. If that were the case then people's wallets would be constantly drained. Exchanges can be hacked. Individual wallets can be hacked.
Sure it's not 100% safe, there could be a 51% attack, but you would need a shitton of resources for very little gain, and those resources would be better put to work just mining as the reward is significantly greater.

>My friend is a no coiner
stopped reading right there

He's completely wrong.
Bitcoin has issues, but security is absolutely not one of them.

Eth is the least decentralized coin in existence. (see image)

Tons of sources agree: reddit.com/r/ethereumfraud

Does this look secure?

forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2016/11/26/ethereums-latest-hard-fork-shows-it-has-a-very-long-way-to-go/#6b7fa47a443a

cointelegraph.com/news/ethereum-issues-security-alert-after-fork-transactions-may-be-reverted

i.imgur.com/yDWN7nX.png

twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/871349919612841985

i.imgur.com/0dEpVld.png

cointimes.tech/2016/11/ethereumbubblecrash/

The problem with ETH is not how many coins Vitalki owns, its that its a MUTABLE BLOCKCHAIN.
This means that ETH foundation can delete transactions and coins any time they feel like it.
Don't worry though Im sure Putin will let you keep your money as long as you don't piss him off.

the guy is seriously retarded I think

>Don't worry guys we can survive a 51% attack, ill just delete the attackers coins LOL

why aren't you on a street corner?

what happens on august 1st?

your friend is out of his depth.

YES. This is exactly what we want normies to think.

If anything bitcoin will remain as the trade currency while other coins take over the day to day. It has the name and brand, that will be really hard to beat. The million dollar question is what coins will ultimately compliment it.

>only thing bitcoin has going for it is that it was first
He's right.

bitcoin is king and nobody seems to understand it

if stocks fail bitcoin becomes stronger
when theres new regulations added bitcoin becomes stronger
when theres wars bitcoins become stronger

no coiners will literally kill themselves in a few years, you haven't seen nothing yet

Your friend has been brainwashed by his finance professors and buddies who jerk off to gold every night because they think it will always have barter value even in times of apocalypse. lmfao nek min >society goes to shit; first thing to get hit is food and banks simultaneously. rip that piece of paper you have which assigns you a piece of that non-divisible gold.

bitcoin may drop but the technology is here to stay.
years head of the ball game we are.
banks will begin adopting technology once its sharpened and trading firms will be looking for people with experience. neets that have legit portfolios will have so much edge over cucks who spent money on a bachelor degree and studied "crypto currency theory" and having "internship".

He's autistic and you should be wary of any advice he gives you in the future. He has no idea what he's talking about.

newfag here but i read it's going to split into two currencies or something

its always been litecoin

sorry but its the truth. lite coin will be it

Bitcoin is the USD of crypto.

It is the medium of exchange on Bittrex.

It is the establishment.

Draw your own conclusions from this

whenever the banks decide to adopt crypto they'll just end up like ripple. don't even use the coin but the blockchain tech behind it, so it makes the bank and the coin worthless right off the bat.

BTC will die WHEN quantum computers become economically viable for sub-nation-state powers, IF BTC can't fork itself into a suitable post-quantum cryptographic system. 2045 maybe?

Always have to remind myself that everything in this shithole is satire

of course the hype and icon will drop. but everyone here and anybody around will have the heads up years before it happens. right now everybody is rushing to outdo each other in features and security. when banks adopt, theyll pick the one that's doing great and that can run on anything you throw at it. trust me, we will have the heads up before anyone else because we are niche and have people in here that have no life and some are weaponized to the teeth in Aspergers.

in the mean time, we get gains leading a pump and dump team because this shit hasnt been regulated and fuck the feds.

dumbass do you even know what quantum is? i bet you still orbit that girl you like because her head is so big