Why is Japan and Japanese culture attract to Westerners and be seen in a more positive light compared to its neighbors...

Why is Japan and Japanese culture attract to Westerners and be seen in a more positive light compared to its neighbors like Korea and China?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bhq5dE6XJ9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sea empire, probably.

Cooler. Less poverty and autism.

anime

/thread

less shit

sexy women

Quality of scholarship and translation.

Japan being the most powerful East Asian country was a subject of intense scholarship by the West, and the government along with Japanese academics were able enough to to help the West understand and appreciate Japanese culture.

Korea and China were weak and such they were studied by the West like pets at a zoo, there was no real Korean/Chinese government to help, and any academics were far flung and likely uncooperative

Sony Playstation, Anime, Weeb games

People never mention the power of names and pronounceability. Aside from the meiji restoration, which just shows how smooth korea and china's transition could have been had they had the right attitude at the right time, the japanese language, by chance or design, is probably the easiest language for europeans to romanize and pronounce.

Japan intentionally remodeled their country in the image of the west under emperor Meiji and again in the reconstruction after world war 2. Today they are a liberal and wealthy democracy with lots of soft power. China has a repressive government and widespread poverty, and south Korea did too until recently.

whats changed in korea?

>how smooth china's transition could have been

Maybe if japan didnt invade over and over

and for korea it wasnt even seen as its own entity, just a japanese colony. So I don't know what you're on about

Japan is fairly foreigner friendly, and the people are much more nice/likable in comparison to Koreans and especially the Chinese.

>Japan is fairly foreigner friendly

Only if you're a tourist and don't live there.

Moon cults instead of military strongmen.

The Chinese emperors were to proud. Instead of trading and conversing with the intruders they tried to kick them out with their outdated ancient warfare. (Boxer Rebellion) and failed miserably. Soon after the reblllion the British started er and overwhelmed the country with Opium.
The Japanese took notice of how the western countries overwhelmed China and tried to rid themselves from Opium from the very beginning the British tried to imply their tactics.
All in all the Japanese learned from the mistakes of the Chinese and started the war against the western countries a lot different.
Japan was also terribly affected by the western countries that's why they joined WW2. Their main objective was to kick the white devils out of their country and of course also widen their territory.
Well Korea was a shithole. Korea was a satellite state of China and Japan. Nothing much there the temples were build by Chinese. So not much to say about their politics.

They don't shit on the street

>debito arudou

kek is this real life

I originally had a "potential" thrown in that sentence, but must have edited it out by accident. There was no way china could have had its own meiji restoration, since it was first up on the chopping block, and the meiji restoration was reactionary. The point though, was that tradition could be reconciled peacefully with westernization, as long as it came from within and happened before european powers got too impatient.

thanks mao tse tung

おはようございます出人さん.

Those girls need a surprise while squatting over ;)

whats going on with that

Mainland chinese should be exterminated tbqh

??? This is no productive answer.
Hello to you to dude.

They shited on the streets back then because they had open canalizations flowing through their cities. So they basically shitted in a open air nonstop flowing toilette.
Were do you think European to a shit?
In Europe it was common practice to throw your shit and carnage on the street next to your drinking whell. Lol just saying Lol
Lol lol lol

I do live there, and if you speak Japanese you're fine. The problem comes from people who don't live there giving long term residents a bad name.

>fucking Debito
You dumb faggot.

There are many types of Chinese. There are so called hab ppl and the rest are Barbarians. You can see who is a noble "han" and who is a barbarian. Those that look more refined and have a European touch are Han. The stereotypical Chinese red dude are barbarians.

They shit on the streets in China because peasant culture was put a pedestal in the cultural revolution. I wouldn't be surprised if it was seen as "capitalist" to use a toilet or some shit. Now the peasants are richer than theyve ever been and are able to travel to cities to work while bringing their peasant mindset with them.

based debito exposing racist, nationalist and prejudiced japanese

This, Japan is extremely racist and xenophobic, the average Japanese would make Trump seem like a liberal. They are also very anti-immigrant and because of the low number of foreigners living there, there are no minority lobby groups like NAACP like there is in the USA.

Agreed.
Those peasants are Barbarians.
I met some of them just 3 months ago working on my aunts Plantage.
These savages come from very poor countries sides and mountains. They were talking to me about frying their watch dogs and stuff srsly disgusting.

Would you say they are the ones with money? They come here to Japan all the time and are fucking obnoxious. They are like hordes that block everything and leave trash around. For some reason they come here to buy medicine and appliances.

inherent superiority to other asian cultures, much like england is to europe.

Yes, because even after the CR many of them remained close to the party and benefited the most from China's opening (economically) to the world.

The nouveau riche in China are almost all from such backgrounds, which is why they go overseas and crash ferraris and desecrate Egyptian archaeology and such.

So they act like barbarians overseas, what's the difference between them and the ones who don't leave?

The ones who aren't rich enough to leave but arent poor enough to be hukou workers (basically peasants from the country side given a 'visa' to work in the city) are probably the most 'normal' citizens of china. This is mostly along the eastern seaboard though.

Alot of china is a shithole, I read a story about some peasants who snuck into a zoo and ended up sneaking into the tiger pen. The animal handlers lured the tigers away with meat, but the stupid peasant went back to get his mobile phone and then ended up getting attacked and killed.

It'll take a hundred years at least to civilize the vast majority of china.

China went from one of the greatest countries in the world to one of the worsts. Don't act like you don't know.

You're aware that Debito is a retard who explicitly goes out of his way to find the rare "no foreigners" onsens or whatever so he can throw shitfits about racism right? Funny thing is he doesn't even live in Japan anymore. He lives in Hawaii doing copywriting and editing. Fucking hilarious, he went to Cornell so he could do some Z-grade translations.

based

France and Germany+Austria have contributed just as much to humanity as the British Isles
The rest of Europe have contributed heaps as well
>inb4 arseblasted yurocuck
I'm of English ancestry

Japan is the most western-friendly culture in East Asia.

Japan has somehow managed to strike a balance between welcoming Western ideals and keeping their traditional roots, hence appealing very much to the West.

China doesn't seem to be able to do this and either completely westernize (such as Chinese who migrates to the west), stay completely traditional or just fuck their own shit up in an effort to create a new society (Communism). Korea seems kinda cool, but having started the modern era as a colony of Japan and a protectorate of the USA, doesn't give it much of a chance to develop its own culture, or even identity.

t. lindy

Because Japan is not a literal shithole.

What the fuck? Why would she stay? Why did a stranger hand her a plastic bag and why did she not give a fuck about it.

Whaaaat the fuck china

>Korea
History mostly comprised of getting raided
Almost all historical sites were destroyed during the war and by an old man
No anime
>China
You fucking know why

wtf i love japan now.

I guess they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world for a reason... And one of the highest average IQs as well.

>debito

Yes, racial purity is the key to any successful country. I suggest we move to Africa or the middle east, so we can get a taste of their wonderful low crime rates and high IQs.

They're fucking with you. Nobody cares about you waito piggu as long as you aren't causing a nuisance and disturbing the 和.

Yes, Switzerland is an excellent place to live.
Iceland is nice too.

Anime.

>Three of the most influential europoor countries
>only measure up to one Anglo country

For perfect Japanese girls

Well it's true, you just need to give them some time to evolve first.

Peasants shit in the fields, so when peasants move to urban areas they shit in the streets. This is nothing unique to China, there are plenty of records in Europe of peasants moving to the industrializing cities and shitting in the streets or even on the factory floor

Well you can't have dozens and dozens of millions die off in your borders and not come out unscathed

Circa 2000 or 1800?

Jav (Japanese Action Videos) ?

The Japanese have kept a relatively unique culture for a long time since they barely ever lost in history due to being on a tough to reach island. Only when the atomic bombs were dropped that Japan legit ever lost.

>Why is Japan and Japanese culture attract to Westerners and be seen in a more positive light compared to its neighbors like Korea and China?
Because back then it was exotic as fuck. China has been known by westerners since the 1500s, considering that the Chinks didn't boot out Catholic Missionaries like Japs did up until the mid 1700s- and even then Jesuits and Merchants were still allowed.

Korea downright didn't allow any foreign cunt in to begin with but its Sinophilia meant it was just a shitty imitation of the Chink Empire.

Also if you're paying attention, Japan-craze is beginning to be mainstream while K-shit is the new hotness so there you have it.

>Korea and China were weak and such they were studied by the West like pets at a zoo, there was no real Korean/Chinese government to help, and any academics were far flung and likely uncooperative
Formal Scholarship of China began in the 1500s and 1600s, back when White Bois were still in awe of the fucking place and the Ming and Qing kept pet Jesuits in court.

this.

Democratic, Diligent, Rich, Friendly (after WWII), and for me Xenophobic and Anti-foreign.
Anime is a nice bonus.

many Korean and even Chinese(Taiwanese animation resembles Japanese animation/art styles as well

I assure you, if I didn't tell you anything, most of you would think this was from some anime
youtube.com/watch?v=Bhq5dE6XJ9o

Also on a side note, Taiwan does share a lot of cultural similarities with Japan, the first democratic president even being a veteran of the Imperial Army

>I love them because they hate me.

They don't hate me. Because I don't want to move in Japan. Even xenophobic people usually don't hate foreigners so long as the foreigners stay in their own land.

You said Xenophobic and Anti-Foreign.

Japan is a island.
That's all.

Just looked this guy up. He got assmad for not being allowed in a bathhouse kek.

Tbh the Japanese are funny when they're racist

Before the mid 19th century Europeans were chinaboo for Chinese porcelain, fashion, architect and art

After the century of rape in China western eyes moved onto Japan the comparatively stronger and more westernized country in Asia and its been that way ever since

because China is seen as the bug communist baby killing bogeyman and Korea is a literal who? of a country that's only famous for the North/South divide

The only reason their crime rates are so low is because the police there don't give a fuck. Obvious murders being concluded as suicides and closing the case etc. Seriously, look it up. Don't bother going to the cops if something happens to you there.

its the other way around
as much as they hate to admit it to foreigners japs are huge westernboos

for sweet jap pussy

Jap boys btfo

Jealous of that girl.

Me on the left.

That whitey has a dark dick

Must be italian

me on the right

hwaito piggu go homu

South Korea is still poor as fuck.

They have a high GDP but a lot of the country is a fucking mess. Many people think Seoul = All of South Korea but it's really not.

Japan is just like any other nation, people don't like it if you move there and can't speak the language or bother to get involved in their way of life.

Also only the older generation is racist. Young Japanese people don't give a shit.

So what are some tips for an American visiting Japan? How do I not come across as a huge dickhead? Will people just be flat out racist to me or will basic etiquette carry me?

act like chad

Make an attempt to speak their language, even if it's just little phrases like please and thank you.

Do this in all foreign countries anyway, it's just courtesy and it goes a long way.

Thanks. If I don't feel comfortable trying to fully converse in Japanese due to a lack of knowledge of the language, I'll be sure to at least stick to greetings and thanks in the native language.

don't dress like pic related, really stand out "Im tourist", assimilate

They won't expect you to speak Japanese (in fact, a lot of them are very surprised to see a fluent foreigner)

But yeah if you just learn phrases for pleade and thank you it's fine. Also things like taxi, train, beer, toilet etc. It will really help you out. The big cities like Tokyo are fine for English but in smaller places you will find that those phrases are valuable.

They don't resemble Japanese anime, they are copied from anime.

Resemblance isn't out of thin air, if you're wondering how chinese/korean animation/art is similar.

That's like some bastard child of japanese animation and western shit. Those old people look straight out of The Boondocks.

Also, the animation is super simplistic and has a rather low framerate. They're trying to make up for the moments of halfway decent stuff at the end by using stills and pans for the whole rest of the thing.

There's nothing wrong with looking like a tourist, the problem is in how you treat people.

Why the fuck can't people just put on some fucking jeans and a t-shirt

Korea and China takes its culture and puts it on a pedestal, makes a statue out of it or puts it in a glass case in a museum. Japan however has a different approach dating back to the Meiji restoration's philosophy of preserving traditions while modernizing, in Japan Japanese culture just "is", it is still a part of everyday life, people still want to participate in festivals and go to bath houses, they want to have a tea ceremony, use old recipes and eat pastries they used to have as a kid, they want to go to the park to see the cherry blossoms, they want to wear kimonos and so forth.

Christianity kicked in