How come megafauna only survived in africa and south and south east asia?

how come megafauna only survived in africa and south and south east asia?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternary_extinction_event#North_America_and_the_Caribbean
twitter.com/AnonBabble

eg elephants, rhino, &c.

Blacks can't compete with other animals.

did humans kill em off elsewhere?

I'm pretty sure that Elephants used to live in parts of North Africa and the Middle East like Syria but they eventually went extinct a couple thousand or so years ago. I would blame the ecosystem, who hostile it was and the people's themselves.

i would mega her fauna, if you know what i mean

Whites & asians lived in barren, cold places, so meat was the only food.

Is this photoshopped? Goddammit and people wonder why white women get raped in 3rd world countries...

nice

thinking of the attention makes some folks horny

Megafauna includes anything over 90lbs. Plenty of those nearly everywhere.

There's only a handful of land animals, anywhere, on par with elephants and rhinos within the scope of written history, or even within the scope of the history of man.

For things that happened before said history, ask . I think there was a meteor involved.

There's theoretical evidence that mankind finished off the mammoths, which may have ended the sabertooths (coupled with hunting them).

Buffalo, though not quite as big, went from the land mammal with the largest collective weight on Earth (which is now our cattle, with us in second), to near extinction levels, within recorded history. Again, thanks to hunting, but they may not be big enough for your girl there.

There's always moose and bears, but again, may not qualify by your definition.

Beyond that, pretty much all the super huge land animals died of natural causes, all well before man put pen to paper, or paint to wall, or even came down from the trees.

Moose are classified as megafauna ya dumb fuck.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Damn, I don't even like feet but goddamn.

>talking about feet in a pic like that
>I-I don't even like feet BUT

Shut up you closet-footfag

Eww

We still have megatiddies, thank God

lots of food for them to eat

TRUNKED
R
U
N
K
E
D

>Damn, I don't even like feet but
welcome to the club.

the most widely spread European megafauna - the auroch (giant wild cow) - was hunted to extinction during the middle medieval ages.

pic is a size comparison of an auroch and human

>was hunted to extinction

Actually, the auroch was mostly killed off by bovine diseases brought by cattle trade. The population declined well below sustainable levels and slowly died off.

Poland was the last refuge of aurochs and the critters were royal property under heavy protection. It was quite effective because another wild European bovine - the wisent - survived in Poland in quite good shape until it was almost entirely wiped out by Krauts during WW1.

Because they evolved alongside humans the longest. The great megafauna of the Americas were wiped out in a few thousand years because they'd never seen a human before, the megafauna of Africa is still around because they had time to adapt before humans invented deadly enough weapons to take them out.

elephants lived in the mediterranian before it became a sea approx 100,000 years ago

but they were much smaller than their african and asian coutnerparts

No one wonders that though
Imagine having to put up with black women all your life and suddenly a white goddess appears

>Aaaaaaaand another foot in the girl-on-giant-animal-hole

New Zealand and Australia had massive lizards, eagles that would pick up small children, and huge, flightless birds. They all died out due to overhunting by humans.

Do lions count?
There were lions in Greece.

Very little direct evidence for hunting driven extinction of Australian megafauna.

hhhhhhhhhhh
ELEPHANED

What animals did the Native Americans wipe out?

I mean, I know after the Europeans arrived, they wiped out the buffalo, but yer telling me there was something larger than buffalo running about the place at the same time man was?

Well, I guess like everywhere else, there were mammoths - but only in the far north, along with the moose that are still around. Not aware of any other huge critters, and given how proliferated the buffalo were, I wouldn't think there'd be any niche from them in the plains usually required for such big mammals.

Native Americans wiped out mammoths, horses, ground sloths, Glyptodons to name a few. By wiping out giant herbivores, they also initiated trophic cascade which dragged into extinctiob also carnivores such as Smilodon.

Africans were the only people intelligent enough to not kill all the big walking steaks. I wish the rest of humanity had this farsight.

Extinction event roughly 13 thousands years ago via asteroid impact.

this

Veeky Forums has gotten pretty bad.. Where should I e-migrate to?

I saw some other place alluded to once that refugees were posting in, no specifics though
maybe it was a wind-up, maybe there's hope for actual historical discussion

Thanks... Though given that there were herds of buffalo the size of states running about, I'm kinda surprised the Saber Tooths didn't survive in North America.

Though I suppose, given how likely it was that they were regular man eaters, I could see where they would be directly wiped out by the primitive equivalent of groups of dragon hunters.

Mammoths, as I understand it, were only in the far north though, apparently never getting very far south after crossing the land bridge. Supposedly, there was an island with small ones near Alaska where they continued to thrive until as recently as 1650 BC.

Yeah he is a closet-footfag

>I could see where they would be directly wiped out by the primitive equivalent of groups of dragon hunters.

Look I want cool shit to happen too but it's not so easy for the biggest and best hunters to leave their village/camps/families behind to go fight monsters.

Can't think of another reasons the kitties woulda died in areas with an effectively limitless food supply though.

Buffalo herds migrate - humans chase them. Territorial kitties don't, starve in the off months.

Just a guess though, maybe the dragon hunters got em all after they finished hunting the last of the dragons.

Of relevance to the thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaternary_extinction_event#North_America_and_the_Caribbean

Pretty sure American Bison count as megafauna, as do moose, elk, etc. Hell, bears probably count, too, and bears get everywhere.

She has feet?

The timing is suggestive, though.

>ecologically wise Indians fallacy.

One theory had some of the big saberteeth as specialized mammoth hunters, basically hamstringing the big bastards.

Yes, but there's next to no fossils with tool marks like there is in North America

They were hunted to extinction in North America.

Anything animal over 90lbs is megafauna. People are megafauna. But let's just assume OP means "anything as big or bigger than a rhino." as he suggests.

It could also just be that weather stresses which drove humanity to inhabit Australia, may have also ended up being detrimental to megafauna.

CUTE

Please, she's the exemplar of butterface.

t. virgin

wtf

Australian aborigines came through and killed a fuck load of mega fauna.

Cause those Species coevolved with the Homo genus, and so instinctively knew not to fuck around with bipedal apes and had a more or less stable ecosystem with them.

American, European and Australian megafauna ,on the other hand, had no experience of omnicidal fire-monkeys and so didn't realize that ignoring them until they were about to shove a torch up their ass would get their entire herd killed. And even if they didn't they would probably just burn down the entire goddamn forest to grab up whatever came out

Virginity is a good thing.

There's a decent amount of evidence that American bison aren't endemic to the Americas, and migrated over the Bering strait around the same time humans did

They didn't necessarily need to be murdered to the last mammoth. You start getting population pressures from post-glacial warming and then suddenly there's a new predator in town you're not adapted to, that's enough to push you to negative population growth that you can't crawl out of

i remember these pictures getting posted on /b/ years ago