It's Valentine season user. What is your favorite courtship tradition from any culture?

It's Valentine season user. What is your favorite courtship tradition from any culture?

Yobai

Also apparently in old Japanese culture (pre-meiji) the milfs of the village took the virginity of the boys, while the dilfs of the village took the virginity of the girls, each teaching sex to the other.

I dunno these are claims made by a doujinshi whose name I forgot but it explains the popularity of /ss/ and dilf/loli doujins desu.

central asian.

Isn't valentines day based on lupercalia?

I like the Spartan one were a bunch of guys would kidnap the designated bride in the middle of the night and bring her back to meet her fiancé who had never seen a women before.

>your bros will never bring you back a surprise bride

jdimsa

Tfw no gf

>tfw no steppe waifu

I know that feel.

That drawing kind of misleads you. If you had a steppe waifu that was a 1 in 1,000,000 hottie she would look like this

I am ok with that as long as I get to be a cute shota as well.

She's still really pretty, tho.

Yeah. I honestly wish I was a shota too but alas I am 27 years old. Nothing would have pleased me more at 12-13 than to be "taught" by an older woman on a regular basis.

I got no problem with that.

Slavery

Long ago, when the world was young there was a young man hopelessly in love with a girl. He was so infatuated he couldn't even speak. Motivated by his silence of melancholy, the young man removed himself from the village.

They say this young man came to the river and followed it. He eventually came to rest under the shade of a tree; some say it was a cedar tree. He fell asleep, or as he was drifting off to sleep, he heard the wind passing through the branches of the tree. In the branches of the tree were holes that a woodpecker had drilled, probably looking for termites or bore beetles. As the wind passed over the holes of the branch, a melody was produced.

Some say that it was the personification of elk who came to visit the young man and gifted him with the flute because they were moved by his inability to articulate his feelings to the young woman of his affections. Some say he merely reached up and carefully removed the branch and the birds taught him how to sing with it.

However he came to possess the flute, he learned its art. Then he returned to his village. He played his flute from the outskirts of the encampment, perhaps from the top of a hill or perhaps upwind so that his music could carry.

The girl knew in her heart that the song was about her and reciprocated his feelings. This is why a Lakota man plays the flute for his lover, to show his ability and worth.

Long ago there was an unfortunate girl, she was always teased about her unattractive looks. She lived in the tipi of her grandmother and was deeply in love with the handsome and brave son of the chief ever since she was a little girl. All the girls of the village wanted to be his lover or wife.

There came a time when the chief wanted to arrange a marriage for his son, so he gave the girls a year to prepare for the wife test. When the girls heard the homely girl was going to participate they mocked and bullied her even harder. The test was about cooking, cleaning, sewing, assembling and taking apart a tipi, tanning, making shoes, etc. Her grandmother taught her to cook good food from anything she could catch or gather, to use long lasting firewood, and to handle a tipi quickly regardless of circumstances.

When the test came the chief visited each home. Many of the girls were beautiful and even the daughters of powerful chieftains but they were poor cooks, didn't know how to even make fire, lazy, impatient with beadwork and quilting, gossips, and couldn't assemble or take apart a tipi fast enough for him (keep in mind a good Lakota lady could do it in a 30-45 minutes, Lakota men took almost all day).

At last he came to the home of the homely girl. She made sturdy moccasins, warm quilts, and roaring fires which lasted all night. The chief and son observed quietly.

When the test ended the beautiful women were confident they would win, but to their shock it was the plain girl chosen. She was not arrogant, she was not shameless, and she had no spite in her heart. Because a good Lakota wife is patient, humble, thoughtful, loyal, and hardworking.

forbidden courtship

In the old days a man would bring a quilted blanket to visit his beloved. It was made with help from his sister or mother. Quilts were intended as shields from overprotective parents and the prying eyes of onlookers. A man would be groomed immaculately before visiting a girl with special paint dotted on his body indicating his intentions. You would learn magical love songs from the medicine man for the best results. They recognized that the bugling ability of the Elk was paramount to its mating success (keep in mind one male can have a herd of 60 females he guards jealousy). So by invoking the Elk god a man hoped to emulate their success. You'd carry around Elk horn charms, wear clothing decorated with Elk, and even decorate the flute with Elk.

>your parents will never arrange a marriage with a qt girl

>If only I lived in a world where shit was handed to me without having to expend any effort

And that's why you're still kissless and alone in the modern age

Society declines when young men have no incentive. See Ancient Rome or modern Japan.

We're not cavemen lad. One man, one woman. Arranged marriages tend to be happier and longer lasting anyway because they're done by clear headed parents and not lust addled teenagers.

Ancient Rome collapsed because of young men throwing their lives away so that egomaniac usurpers could live out their dreams of becoming God-on-Earth instead of maintaining the infrastructure and investing back into their society.

And Japan is more rigid and conformist than any country in the west and they still have social problems.

>We're not cavemen lad.
And we're not repressed Victorian anglos, either

>Arranged marriages tend to be happier and longer lasting anyway because they're done by clear headed parents and not lust addled teenagers.
I doubt it. These are stifling cultures which coerce conformity. Of course people are going to say they're "happy" because that's how they win the approval of the people who have monopolized social power. And if they're not happy the beatings continue until morale improves

In places where people have freedom, most marriages formed by "lust addled teenagers" fizzle and end in divorce and people go "what was I thinking?" and form an exclusive bond with someone they like much better. And before you say anything, no, there is absolutely and unironically nothing wrong with raising another man's child as your own. Your own messiah was somebody's step-son.

>And before you say anything, no, there is absolutely and unironically nothing wrong with raising another man's child as your own. Your own messiah was somebody's step-son.

Are you kidding me?

Ius primae noctis

I practice that on our interns

Woah there cuck

You lost me at paragraph 3

There was this one Eastern European society where they would release young unmarried couples in a forest and just see what happens.

>Arranged marriages tend to be happier and longer lasting anyway
I'm not sure about the being happier part, but the fact that they were longer lasting might be in most part due to the fact that in (most of) these societies getting divorced was difficult. Be it out of fear of causing a scandal or breaking the holy vows of matrimony, if you couldn't get rid of you partner, all you could do is wait until either of you dies, and in the meantime make the best of it.

>Are you kidding me?
No

Jesus was raised by his step father so I don't want to hear any of you traditionalists telling me that this is some new, unnatural thing that only cucks do.

>You lost me at paragraph 3
Veeky Forums probably isn't the best place for you if an articulate argument triggers you that much. Maybe you'd prefer the company of like-minded shitposters?

>just walking down the street
>neighborhood kids playing around
>they call at me
>Now I'm a good dude, but I ignore them. I don't care much for children.
>they call again
>OK what is it?
>it's their ball, it's over the fence separating the sidewalk I'm on from the yard.
>well fuck it why not
>I throw the ball back to one of them but...
>wait
>there he is
>the father, sitting half hidden in the shade of their porch
>he's smiling, staring at me
>oh god
>oh god
>what have I done
>I... I'm raising his child
>I'm a cuck now, it's over

There is literally not a single reason to get married in the 21st century, now that marriage has been completely devoided of its traditional social, economic, political and cultural functions.

Marriaged used to be about an alliance between tribes, clans or families for the sake of social stability, which would be cemented by the shared labours of building a household and raising a family. For that, arranged marriage was superior because the elders knew better than the fickle passions of youth, and they would choose people who, even if they did not love each other at first, would grow to love and respect each other as they shared the labours of life.

Now what do we have? Marriage is merely a scam to trick men into giving money to women, before or after the divorce. The state has usurped all the powers of the "pater familiaes", he has usurped the political power of head of the household, he has usurped the economical power of overseer of his child and women's labour, he has usurped the cultural power of transmission of traditions and customs, and he has usurped the social power of leadership and respect. The patriarch now is a figure of hatred and ridicule in modern society. So why tie yourself to a woman?

I'm not even saying this is bad, this is just what it is. The family has become unnecessary because automation and the transition to a service economy make the incentiving of beta male labour not necessary anymore, while the state is now able to exercise all activities that used to be done by the family, even education and child-rearing. Just pump and dump them, or get yourself prostitutes, or a 2D waifu, whatever, just never marry a woman, it's an outdated social technology, marrying in the 21st century makes as much sense as sending fire signs for communication or going to Europe in an ocean liner.

>Walking my dog
>I have to go by that house, I live in a one-way cul-de-sac
>I don't want to circle around the diveway like a tard so I just man up and go by that house again
>The kids are playing
>I see the ball by the street
>"hey mister-"
>nopenopenope
>powerwalk that dog away
>but what's this feeling?
>eyes burning on the back of my neck?
>why?
>flashback to when I was a kid
>my shitty dad never helped me out with crap like this
>but it taught me to be independent
>wait...
>tough love
>good god
>I'm still raising that man's child.
>Is my cuckoldry inescapable?

Christianity is a religion for cuckold fetishists, it's not really for traditionalists.

kek, poast more

>it's not really for traditionalists.
LARPing as a worshiper of Odin or Zeus doesn't make you a traditionalist

I'm a secular conservative. I support traditional marriage for entirely empirical reasons.

Traditional marriage is performed by the church, secular is not having the government involved with relationships between consenting adults.

"Not having the government involved with relationships between consenting adults" is liberalism, not secularism.

You can be a religious liberal, and a secular conservative.

>"Not having the government involved with relationships between consenting adults" is liberalism, not secularism.
Do you consider Mormons secular? Preventing the government from restricting their polygamous arrangements is secular.

Are the arguments they use to prevent the government from restricting their polygamy of religious nature? Or they appeal to the liberal values of the majority of the American population.

Most Muslims are not secular, but they appeal to the liberalism of others to get what they want, for example.

Their religious liberty includes the right to relationships outside of the cookie cutter model the government establishes through taxation and funnels people into like cattle. Religions don't force you to support their couples, the government does.

Holy shit I just wanted a romantic thread.

this is romance to them
honestly this shit is basically a mating ritual

Getting smashed and having random sex.

>he drank the Prager U koolaid

>thinks a pope instilled after and American and NGO coup of the Vatican represents Christianity
If that's the case then Germanics are naturally cucked.

>assuming somebody's Christian in the current year
First problem.
>unironically thinking the cuckservative meme is about raising someone else's child as opposed to letting your wife (country) sleep with other men (globalist and other countries) while you gleefully watch
Second problem.

Platonic.

19th century upper class courting sounds kind of comfy actually
>some smalltalk at tea parties
>three waltzes
>'Why, user, my dear fellow, you could practically consider yourself engaged to Miss Dowry!'

>What is your favorite courtship tradition from any culture?
the pump and dump

Wouldn't that make repressed Victorian anglos the apex of humanity and the ideal we should all strive for?

I mean is a sad sap and we deride his motives, but technically a milquetoast Englishman who marries into a broke noble family for status and views sex as a chore to pass on his superior genetics and provide sons to send to boarding school and serve the Queen is the perfect dutiful marriage unhindered by petty emotions or feelings of any kind. He could even be homosexual, it wouldn't matter.

By making this whole Jesus analogy, you're equating the absent biological father to God, which I don't think is appropriate. If Joseph were in a situation where the child was not the Son of God and instead the offspring of some other man that was born essentially out of disrespect for him, whether that be from the wife or the child's father, somehow I don't think Joseph would've stuck around much longer.

Don't men still kidnap their future wives off the street in Kirghistan or somewhere?

Yes and no

It's more like

>your girlfriend agrees to marry you
>her family consents
>you and your bros force her onto a horse or into a car
>she goes "tee hee, I-mean nooo! saaave me!" and pretends to cry

that's not true, they could be from a tribe or region with primarily iranic heritage rather than turkic heritage

iranics are caucasoid and so can look cutie unlike flat-faces mongoloids

The Maya had arranged marriages and divorce was frequent. It was not unusual for someone to divorce up to 12 times.

>source: my ass

You can shove this up your ass too.

>Society
only betas cling to this spook.

someone help find the name of the doujinshi

All Central Asians are cute, no bully.

That of the russian frontoviki.

(Y) I cry every time.

Favourited, and retweeted.

That of the russian frontoviki.

I see no issues with this. That is pretty cute.

>no make-up

>make-up

Kill myself boiiiii

Sauce?

Emma by Kaoru Mori.

I think he's referencing this one nora higuma doujin.
I won't bother find the particular one because I'm not into that stuff though.

i lost all my bookmarks and i never bothered to sign up to sadpanda again because i had trouble with my first account but maybe one day ill find the author's post script comments

Thanks

>Your own messiah was somebody's step-son.
>implying God literally used his own sperm
>implying Jesus wasn't, genetically, Joey's son
>implying he wasn't just chosen to host the Spirit
I always assumed that was the case. Then again, I've never been to church, since my parents were fedoras.

I recognize this shit, but I still want a wife. I wish I wasn't a boring beta. I'll just kill myself in a few years, anyway.

Honestly, what's wrong with Prager U?
I've heard some people shitting on it, but, from what I've watched, it seems pretty okay.

What part of Holy Virgin don't you get?

Well, God doesn't really have sperm, does he? So he just magics some from Joe into her. I don't know.

I think it's called Old Village Custom.

Someone sounds bitter.

The Israelites coming out of Egypt had a law that if you raped a young lady and she was not engaged to someone else, she would then become engaged to you.

Things were much simpler back then.

>expecting the vast majority of Veeky Forums to know about lupercalia

wtf i love jews now

>implying Lupercalia isn't basic babbies level

Tfw Gay

Dying alone.

I don't know. I don't participate.

I tried anal prostate stimulation yesterday. Felt OK I guess.

You implying that God's actually a nigger? Making Christianity the OG BLM movement.