Mfw the computer game lets you play as pagans and defeat Christianity

>mfw the computer game lets you play as pagans and defeat Christianity.

>mfw the computer games allows me to recreate the Roman Empire starting as a literal who on socotra

Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest

Name 5 games that do this

Ck2 does, dunno any other

>mfw ancient arabia in a game.

I always seen these types of games discussed.

Is there a good one to try for someone how doesn't play games but likes history (so maybe easier but still historical)?

>mfw the computer game allows you to rebuild the Byzantine empire

the arabian factions in Attila TW were some of my favorites

You cant be good or bad at paradox games, you can only be new or old

Paradox games are babbyfests for people who want to make a pretty map to post to paracucks forums.

There's only a "difficulty curve" at all because the tutorials are invariably complete dogshit. It drops to the floor once you realize how any GSG game works, and this includes your beloved HoI3.

>playing as Lithuania in M2TW
You might as well play as Poortugal

But Portugal is OP in m2tw

holy fuck yeah, my H/H playthrough was as Portugal, and i conquered all of western Europe and Norway by the time my first king died.

>My lord spits on that fag Wodin

But good choice, user. Few things are as satisfying in games as beaching your Skeid, running up to the nearest monastery, and then bullying the shit out of the monks. Great way to make early game dosh, no wonder RL Vikings did it all the time.

There's also Total War: Attila. Your choice of Celtic or Germanic Paganism, or Hunnic Tengriism. Go beat up some Romans, user.

Portugal is shit though, until the get Conquistadors. Jinetes are supposed to be their special unit but they're fucking garbage.

I used nothing but Aventuros, Jinetes, Crossbowmen and trebuchet's and carved through Europe all the way to Moscow

Their Jinetes are better than the ones the Moors get, and about the same as Spain. Plus they get the Dismounted knights with the poleaxes, really good pikes and skirmishers, and high morale arquebusiers.

>Their Jinetes are better than the ones the Moors get.
That's always baffled me, the Moors have shittier versions of the troops they supposedly copied

well they are supposed to lose so....

Not exactly. It's just how CA likes to balance some factions - while some are small and get a solid roster at each tier, usually lacking in one specialty or recruitment pool availability, others get cheap and shitty low tier troops but really good but expensive high tier troops.

The Moors are a weird case though because they get what would have been decent troops a tier later and more expensive than they're actually worth.

Also, they tend to give the major starting factions the more complete rosters, and if there's one faction that's obviously meant to be the one everyone should play (like Rome) they go overboard and give them a huge roster with even higher tier troops than most others can ever get.