Hey Onee-san, look, I wonder if its possible that LBRY.io may end up saving humanity from itself

Hey Onee-san, look, I wonder if its possible that LBRY.io may end up saving humanity from itself.

#FreedomOfSpeech #Decentralisation

no. just buy DGB you fucking retard. It's going up to a dollar you can make 20x your money in under 5 months. Stop flooding biz with these retarded shit posts about shit coins.

Oh dear,
Well, the LBRY is growing slowly and steadily, as a high value coin. So, we never needed pump and dump kids to come inside, only those who enjoy being comfy.

Can you tell me about the coin user

Okay!

LBRY is the first digital marketplace to be controlled by the market’s participants rather than a corporation or other 3rd-party. It is the most open, fair, and efficient marketplace for digital goods ever created, with an incentive design encouraging it to become the most complete.

At the highest level, LBRY does something extraordinarily simple. LBRY creates an association between a unique name and a piece of digital content, such as a movie, book, or game. This is similar to the domain name system that you are most likely using to access this very post.

However, LBRY does this not through a proprietary service or network, but as a protocol, or a method of doing things, much like HTTP, DNS and other specifications that make up the internet itself. Just as many different domains owned by many different companies all speak a shared language, so too can any person or company speak LBRY. No special access or permission is needed.

LBRY differs from the status quo in three big ways:

1 Coupled payment and access. If desired, the person who publishes to lbry://wonderfullife can charge a fee to users that view the content.
2 Decentralized and distributed. Content published to LBRY is not specific to one computer or network, making LBRY robust to failure and disruption.
3 Community controlled. No party other than the publisher (including us) can unilaterally remove or block content on the LBRY network.2

While creating a protocol that we ourselves cannot control sounds chaotic, it is actually about establishing trust. Every other publishing system requires trusting an intermediary that can unilaterally change the rules on you. What happens when you build your business on YouTube or Amazon and they change fees? Or Apple drops your content because the Premier of China thought your comedy went too far?

Only LBRY consists of a known, promised set of rules that no one can unilaterally change. LBRY provides this by doing something unique: leaving the users in control rather than demanding that control for itself.

What stops it from being a CP library?

Services are what actually make the LBRY protocol useful. While the LBRY protocol determines what is possible, it is the services that actually do things.

While the protocol is determined, open, and fixed, the service layer is much more flexible. It is far easier to redesign a website than it is to revise the HTTP protocol itself. The same is true here.

So in much the same way as you can make a website that serves CP, you could also make a LBRY application that serves CP.

However...

In assessing LBRY, we must compare it to a world in which BitTorrent already exists and is quite popular, not the 1950s. LBRY is an improvement over BitTorrent in combatting unsavory content in at least four ways:

1 More records. LBRY contains a public ledger of transactions recording name purchases and content publishings. As many purchases make it onto the ledger as well, this means infringing actions are frequently recorded forever, or are at a minimum widely observable.
2 Updatable URLs. Once a BitTorrent magnet hash is in the wild, there is no mechanism to update or alter its resolution whatsoever. If a LBRY name is pointing to infringing content, it can be updated or removed (but not by us).
3 Stiffer penalties. Penalties for profiting off of infringement are far stronger and can involve jail time, while infringement without profit only results in statutory damages. This serves as a far stronger deterrent for all infringing uses than BitTorrent provides.
4 Expensive or impossible. Off-chain settlement will be a requirement for efficient purchases at any significant network size. Settlement providers, ourselves included, will be able to block purchases for infringing content. At significant traffic volume, if infringing content can’t be outright removed or blocked, transaction fees could make it prohibitively expensive.

Fuck it I'll get some

Welcome to the LBRY

Who decides what is considered "offensive" content? I'm pretty big on the free speech memes, so couldn't people just vote to remove content they don't like?(if that's how it works, I don't know)

>But who cares as long as it makes me money amirite

They are saying that this isn't a private ZeroCash/Monero/Dash blockchain, and much like with Bitcoin at the moment, big reputable exchanges will refuse transactions from addresses associated with terrorism or money laundering or hacks of other exchanges etc.

So you can always host offensive content, but it might be more difficult to make any money from it

I'd buy this if I had more money. Sadly, I'm holding 4 coins that I don't want to sell, hope that it doesn't moon now.

where is this pic from?

Library Credits no Shoujo

I don't give a shit about this coin but these anime grills in a library pics are comfy as fuck.

It's OK user, a LBRY can't go to the moon.
It just grows quietly, and is always there when you need it.

poor as fuck, wants to buy a rope for reasons
DGB pls?
DAp5C5zoZDxebtPEpQxHGU1XP3VGuqXWcf

Seems it's an original work, not associated with any series.

proof of work or proof of stake?

One of my best performing coins tbqh senpai.

Forgot picture.
I cant believe i didn't know "senpai" was filtered to senpai

Library Credits are mined over a 20-year Proof of Work period

Didn't get it. Once again, if someone is gonna post cp videos, what will happen? Or, lets say, movies or music, which are copyright protected? Looks like a plague for big media companies.

You came to the right thread, user-kun

Hmmm... well, this is basically bit torrents that stream instantly and can be monetized easily, so.... you tell me?

>decentralized tech is bad for big slow companies as it makes it far harder for them to enforce copyrights
In other news water is wet.

Certainly the App that the LBRY developers are creating (together with the LBRY protocol) will respect copyright and boot off infringing users - aiming to be a better youtube that gives all profits to content creators.
But anyone can make an App that connects to the LBRY protocol...
freedom is returning to the internet

Bought at 14k sat and holding.
The project is interesting. I have faith

It's much more clear now senpai. I like the idea. Gonna get some lbry for myself.

Get in before it breaks the 21k wall. As i said there is something behind this coin

Welcome, let's create content magic!

I have to say this is the best shilling I have ever seen for a coin.
Simple, to the point, and with cute anime girls, while also telling me all the reasons the coin is good.

Too bad it came while the coin is already at $0.6 and with almost no room for any growth whatsoever, I would've been stoked to invest in this one week ago

No room for growth? Why that?

The supply and the price point make me feel like it would be fairly limited.
A slight bump in the price would put it into the top10, making it hit the dreaded "BTC/2" wall that makes everything trying to pass it tank