If there were no nukes, who would've win the cold war in direct combat?

If there were no nukes, who would've win the cold war in direct combat?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease
youtube.com/watch?v=SCJz8n6nWWg
youtube.com/watch?v=9tSSYP9q_io
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gommies likely, they were prepared for an all out offensive while the west had "just enough" forces for defense without any plans for offensive or even counteroffensive.

But depends on period of course.

Tough to say. America had better industrial base, more resources, and more allies. But USSR had better leadership, more efficient doctrine, etc.

I give initial advantage to USSR, but if the war drags on the USA will eventually win.

Without nukes? I'd have to side with Russia simply because they're so much closer Europe which makes it so much easier to launch attacks and resupply tropes. Not to mention they always had a bazillion tanks.

But of course, this all hinges on the Soviets being able to make a fast break through West Germany into France.

>simply because they're so much closer Europe which makes it so much easier to launch attacks and resupply tropes.
Nazis had this advantage, didn't help them much. The us had to send it's supplies overseas at great expense but it also made their industry unmolestable.

the USSR had a god tier doctrine, but their junior officers were pretty bad

Sure, but that's nothing that can't be offset by throwing more men into the meatgrinder than the other guy can. I honestly don't think the US could've withstood Eastern Front-tier casualty rates or justified such losses to the American public.

A picture depicting a woman's corpse is fine but god forbid if her breasst were showing. Veeky Forums is a family board.

USA has two fuck huge oceans between its main industrial base and the rest of the world and USSR had a shit-tier navy. Even in US' worst case scenario, they throw insults at each other from across the Atlantic to no effect.

Also, China, despite being commies themselves had a really shitty relationship with post Stalin USSR. They might end up aligning themselves with USA

Transferring hordes between half of the Earth would be economically irrationally

>mfw mass mechanized conventional warfare between major powers came and passed in the space of one generation

Depends when

I think if Stalin had pushed right after the end of the second world war, he would have conquered all of Germany by default since the Wehrmacht was virtually non existant as a fighting force at this point.

It should be noted also that the communists very nearly got Italy, Greece and there were extremely strong lefties in France (among other places) at the moment. Stalin was still seen as a hero to many at the time and if he cashed in on world revolution, the west would be dealing with crisises all across the globe. Not to mention the Chinese civil war and the north korean invasion.

That said, its a one trick pony, if the west seriously dug in and threw everything that had to slowing down the advance and then eventually fighting back across central europe, the USSR would for sure collapse.

Her breasts are not showing, they have been censored.

I know this because my wife has breasts and they do not look like that.

US had demonstrated ability to project force around the globe, damncommunists did not.

They did though.

>implying

>muh power projection

Has nothing to do with Americans being able to hold onto Europe. Oh no, the Americans landed some troops in East Asia or Latin America. Whatever will the Soviet tank armies in East Germany do?

I think if Stalin had attacked the Western Allies after WW2 it would've put gas in the American morality tank just like Pearl Harbor did in 1941. Keep adding that righteous rage to the American war economy and even the Soviets wouldn't stand a chance of victory.

US. Better industry, better economy, better troops, world base, etc.

really maeks u think

America or Europe wouldn't have to actually take the offensive like the Germans did. They would simply have to hold the line and let their heavy bombers reduce Russian cities to rubble. Just saying.

Depends on the decade. If we're talking 60s and 70s I'd give it to the WP. I think NATO really pulled ahead in the tech game come the 80s and got the hang of mass coalition deployments.

Left pictures apart from perhaps the crematory one are indeed photoshopped.

The right is completely false.

Judging by the cuffs of that uniform, it's clear to see that the man is in fact a member of the Ordnungspolizei.
The rifle could be a Vz.24 or any other kind of Czech Mauser which were used by the Germans in large numbers, else it could be a G40k mauser.

>Yugoslavian M24/48
Doesn't even have a sling mount on the bottom of the stock desu; rifle is a Czech Vz.24, "soldier" is actually Schutzpolizei. Note the dark cuffs with prominent buttons on the tunic sleeves, and the narrow spacing of the buttons on the tunic front.

What if we were talking about the 50's when the US already had boots on the ground, heavy bombers ready to go, and the USSR was still dependent on US materials?

desu some of the photoshops are so bad it almost makes me think people purposefully make them only to use them as "proof" that the jews photoshopped the pictures to discredit them.

Patton, among others, were insisting that the US continue from Germany to overtake the Soviet Union, which, while it would have been possible, even if nukes weren't a thing, it would have been a long, bloody war.

The USSR had better conventional armaments than the US for a large portion of the Cold War, but that's largely because the US could rely on a larger nuclear arsenal. Had this not been the case, the US no doubt would have dedicated more of its economy to conventional weaponry.

The US has always had a vastly better navy and thus better offensive capability. The USSR, even if they focused more on their navy, has too many choke points during half the year due to geography.

Assuming rocket technology and thus ICBM's are a thing in this scenario, despite the lack of nukes to attach to them, the US has always had an edge in that department as well. Though I suppose the cold war was more or less over before the US made cruise missiles key to its arsenal, they are certainly a large part of what gives the US absolute dominance against such nations now.

So, probably the US, though narrowly and it would have been costly enough that it might not have remained a superpower afterwards.

Examples?If I am wrong, I'll admit it and call you a Damn Handsome Man

Holding Europe would be desirable, but not necessary to win a conventional war. inning would be damn difficult for the Americans, but winning for the USSR would men successfully invading the Americas. Maybe they could do it -- but they had never demonstrated that ability.

These photos are known to be shopped by Stormfront to underline their holohaux bullshit. Stormfags are so pathetic that they need to create fake evidence.
>non-German weapons are evidence that soldier wasn't German
Captured weapons were mainly used behind the front in occupied territory.

Apart from their advantage immediately after ww2 (largely due to material aid) and temporary technological flukes like the Mig 15 (largely due to british commies literally handing them jet tech), the Soviet Union barely matched the west technologically and was vastly inferior in their ability to supply their troops.

>The USSR, even if they focused more on their navy, has too many choke points during half the year due to geography.
This is the main problem. Nukes were the only thing that made the USSR a direct threat to the US mainland. They simply did not have that much force projection ability, while the US retained, by far, the most of any nation in the world.

Yeah, the Soviet subs would certainly put a dent in the US navy, but without nukes, it would be primarily a defensive war for them. The US could strike near endlessly, and rarely, if ever would the Soviets be able to strike back at the US mainland.

Still be long, bloody, and god-fucking-awful for everyone involved though.

>Assuming rocket technology and thus ICBM's are a thing in this scenario,

Not sure that's a valid assumption, but OK.

>the US has always had an edge in that department as well.

Numerically, yes, despite JFK campaign rhetoric about a " missile gap." But as was demonstrated at the dawn of the Space Age, the Soviets started out with a pretty significant advantage in payload and reliability. If we're limited to throwing conventional explosives at each other, payload is going to be potentially a huge advantage.

The "Space Race" spurred the US into the necessary spending to catch and surpass the USSR in payload for missiles, though the biggest rockets built for the US did not really have much of an application for military uses at the time. Presumably the development of large rockets for manned spaceflight would have happened with or without nukes, though if a "hot war" was on, that might not have happened.

This board underestimates the value of being an insular nation. See Britain

Yeah, but under those circumstances, the USSR might have annexed nations with warm water ports, moved their industry to them, and created a more domineering navy, if the US allowed them the chance.

If Stalin had proven anything during WWII, it was that his centralized totalitarian dictatorship was likely the best in the world when it came to relocating centers of production. He pulled off the equivalent of moving all of the US East coast industry to the west coast smack in the middle of that war, and I suspect the US would have collapsed under its own bureaucracy trying to pull something similar on that scale.

What do you mean shopped.
They did it on purpose just to make the meme or what?

I find that hard to believe.

The "main" theater of the Cold War was undeniably Europe. Things like the Cuban Missile Crisis, Vietnam, Afghanistan, were all sideshows to a potential European conflict. In this sense, achieving a total victory in Western Europe means the USSR has basically won. They don't need to plant the hammer and sickle flag over the White House to prove anything.

The Vietnamese didn't need to topple the LBJ or Nixon administrations to achieve victory, all they needed to do was convince their enemy that their political objectives were not worth even more bloodshed. The Soviets were mostly European while the Americans are, well, American. Any scenario where America is pushed out of Europe means the Soviets are safe aside from domestic issues because there is no way in hell America is launching an amphibious operation possible three times the size of Overlord.

>They did it on purpose just to make the meme or what?
Exactly. Users on Stormfront and other neonazi communities take original WW2 photos, photoshop them poorly and use these fakes as "evidence" that the holocaust is real. They are infamous for false-flagging this hard.

that the holocaust is fake*

>Exactly. Users on Stormfront and other neonazi communities take original WW2 photos, photoshop them poorly and use these fakes as "evidence" that the holocaust is real.
Did you make a typo there. You mean 'isn't real' right.

Also, let me ask again to clarify - they basically faked original pictures by putting hanged people etc. in there just so they could make the meme by showing the originals by their side?

Why is this even necessary. As the maker of those you literally know you'd be lying and what you believe is false. Then what's the motive?

Black propaganda it's called.

>Then what's the motive?
False-flagging and brainwashing other people. They try to gain more support for their movements. Note how many neonazi groups pretend not to be right-wing extremists in public and lure unsuspecting people into their groups.

I think he means that stormfronters create the fake photos, and then say it is the jews who have created said fake photos, thus proving holocaust never happen.

depends on different fronts.

Continental Europe: Soviet victory, the Red Army clearly fielded an army with enough equipment and numbers to reach the River Rhine in 7 days by the late 1970's, and France within the next few months, NATO would most likely have to retreat to Britain with supplies from the US having to cross the Atlantic in order to reinforce units on mainland Europe.

Soviets probably would not be able to reach Britain with their Navy significantly outclassed by a US/UK combined navy guarding the channel, but the Soviets would have much more resources and manpower to create an Atlantic Wall much like Germany tried, making any Amphibious invasion much more costly than it was in 1944.

Asia: Chinese/Soviet victory on the continent, but unable to reach Japan due to the aforementioned lack of raw naval power to take on US/Japanese fleets stationed there.

Cuba/Nicaragua: US victory, really nothing to be said but neither nations are able to really put up an effective defense against a full US invasion.

Africa: Western victory. Communist Angola, Somalia, and others wouldn't be much of a match for the Western allied nations on the continent.

Middle East: Western victory. If Egypt, Syria, and South Yemen did enter the war for the Soviets, Israel would be enough of a match for them.

Soviets could probably pick up a victory in Anatolian Turkey however through an offensive through the Caucasus.

meant to reply to

Leading neonazis are aware that the holohoax conspiracy is bullshit and only good to bait gullible people to support you. It is merely a power thing.

>USSR had better leadership, more efficient doctrine
>the USSR had a god tier doctrine
Pfffffft HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Soviets were THE laughingstock of the twentieth century. This is what happens when you live in a bubble with other high schoolers, circlejerking and LARPing as the edgelords of history.

>posting fake pics
Cringe.

It's ironic because the USSR was the largest contributor to win the war.

Russia at first but plans drawn up were to rearm Germans and possibly Japs. If that happened Russia might lose a drawn out war. They had a disgusting force in the east but it'd be them verse the world at that point.

Address people itt who claim stormfront made the fakes on purpose.

>jew faked
see
Another gullible retard.

It's impossible to say because if nukes hadn't existed then both countries would have structured their forces much differently. You can't just remove a massive variable like that and expect everything else to remain the same.

>These photos are known to be shopped by Stormfront

>USA was the largest contributor to win the war
Ftfy.

>Stalin literally admits that Russia would have been Lebensraum without US aid
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease
>/leftypol/ 2.0: "N-No R-Russia stronk!"
Good to see the delusion is still going.

>lend lease
western allies had the role of romania, supply providers

thanks for proving that

>he doesn't know black propaganda
Provide a source where the fake images were actually used in public, let it be historical textbooks or documentaries.
All these pictures and "infographs", hell even statistics stormfags use as "evidence" are never shown outside of neonazi cirklejerk cesspits.

1. You first argued that the USSR had "better leadership, more efficient doctrine, etc."

2. Guy laughs at you for being a retard

3. *Moves goalpost* "b-but largest contributor :(("

You weren't even the person I replied to.

Show me one fucking historical textbook page with the photos from the left column in this image .

>replying to my demands with your own demand

Well of course I can't find the exact origins- just like you. We both don't have sources so let's keep the "Stormfront 'Black propaganda'" and "Muh Jew propaganda lies" boogeymen outside of the discussion.

Also I've seen the "machine gun nest execution" many times, but that's just an anecdote from my part.

Of course you can't provide sources because you are either a blatant liar or a gullible retard.

>If there were no nukes, who would've win the cold war in direct combat?
>...
>This thread

I do hope OP has learned his lesson about using an unrelated image for his topic post.

If America didn't enter the war, there would be no invasion of Italy. No real threat of an invasion of France.

A significant portion of German resources and manpower could've been diverted to finishing off the USSR but the mere presence of USA ended that chance.

>ignoring that you can't back up your own claims

I just made a point that both the Stormie and you can't back up on the claims ("muh black propaganda" vs "Jew lie"). Stop being such a retard about it.

I never claimed that it was being used in textbooks. No need to be so mad about it.

Yes, it's better to see how the Anglos and Americans waged war. How about the inability of Commonwealth troops to take Caen in the first half of Operation Overlord? How about the staggering ineptness of the initial attacks on the Siegfried Line and Operation Market Garden? All of this despite a retarded imbalance of power overwhelmingly favoring the Western Allies.

The Western Allies were worse than the Germans on both the strategic and tactical levels. The Soviets improved massively in both areas, and took the intermediate operational focus to the next level. While the Red Army may have suffered tactical difficulties against the Western Allies, the Americans and Anglos would've been hard pressed to react against an enemy who has better reading of the battlefield and can deploy units faster and more effectively.

I'm not even a Sovietboo, I'm more of a Wehraboo. Hollywood has really tainted the reality of WWII. Germany was bludgeoned to death by both the Western Allies and Soviets, but Americans seem unable to process this fact, thinking instead that each American soldier killed entire platoons of Germans by himself. The Soviets made do with less and thus created better systems and doctrines for waging war.

Some stormfags photoshopped innocent photographs of German soldiers to make them look like they were committing atrocities, then passed off these photographs as soviet propaganda despite the fact that the pictures are only really posted on Veeky Forums and stormfront and weren't made by the soviets at all

Plus the USSR wouldn't have been able to match German tank and plane production with US rolled Steel. USSR steel production was well behind that of Germany.

I always like to think that the Soviet Union couldn't win without UK and USA, while the UK and USA couldn't win without the Soviet Union.

That usually ends the stupid "who contributed more" debate.

Really makes you think.

Again..

>lions tired of getting hit by snowballs by the asshole Chinamen
>tries to blend in by pretending to be slanty eyed
>doesn't work

Wouldn't it be easier to show a single usage of the shopped images in a legit publication to prove that it isn't just a bunch of dumbasses on the internet trying to manufacture a controversy?

I wish both far righttards and leftcucks would kill themselves because they really ruined everything about this board.

Faggot

Very likely. The question is who made those images and why. That's something we won't know until a stormweenie or a Sovietboo shows any proof.

That is all I'm trying to say.

From which board he is writing?

People like you is the reason why it's really hard for me to take the middle ground.

No one appreciates it.

I just want people to stop spreading dumb shit ("they're shopped by evil Jews!!!" and "They're STROMFONT FALSE FLAGS REE!") without showing any real arguments or proofs. Everything is polarized and divided now. You're either a Nazi or a "Antifa commie cuck faggot"

Maybe it's time for me to leave Veeky Forums.

USA and UK maybe would win but rest of Europe would lose.

I can't find the above picture uncensored anywhere just always that exact one with the MSPaint edit and always in context of exposing fake pictures.
Her head looks totally fucked up like a really bad photoshop.

I saw the one with the tits before. Not that it matters.

Yes it does, I would like to see the tits.

Let me rephrase that because my comment was a bit confusing. I say "Very likely" as in it's very likely that "it is just a bunch of dumbasses on the internet trying to manufacture a controversy."

Well I tried googling it for you but I can't find it. Maybe I was lucky that time.

It's basically a shouting match now instead of arguments.

If it makes you feel any better, I feel you man. All in all, it would be best if both stormies and far lefties would just stop trying to inject their bullshit into this board.

I don't know. Veeky Forums used to be my comfy board where everyone posts MeeMs, dumb shit and actual educational material.

Now it's just shit like this with unironic Marxists and Nazis shouting until their throat becomes sore.

I just shitpost on Veeky Forums now. Now that's a fun board :)

I literally cannot find a source for the shopped versions that isn't blatantly neo nazi holohoax though.

"Literally...Blatant" "neo nazi" "holohoax"

Great buzzwords. Just keep saying that instead of giving any context, explanations or evidence.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I just want more substance from your comments.

Google german soldier brutality pictures or anything other you might want to try. I've seen hundreds of pictures and these shops do not appear.

Also they do seem modern. Plus logically makes no sense to make the shops when you'd just be discrediting yourself as the originals are out in the open. Basically their political purpose is quite obvious.

Now this is really amazing, jewish partisans are using their hebrew magic to conjure post-war mauser designs!

I put the OP's image in to TinEye, it came up with 121 results, all of which seemed to be Holocaust denier sites (though it was hard to tell for sure as many were in languages I don't speak)

You got the right idea. I too think the "hoax" photos were made for the purpose you're talking about.

Still not enough to make any straight conclusions though (although again, I too think it was a stormfront-ish thing).

Anyways, I think the thread should've just ended with the only legit comment

if it happened the day after ww2 ended, commies would've dominated continental europe
if it happened 10-15 years after ww2, then it would've definitely been close, probably the west due to the rapid economic growth in western europe, japan and the US due to the marshall plan

I'll look at it myself. Again, as I conclude here I think the stormfront false-flag theory is likely.

Anyways, if you're talking about putting up OP's image (specifically) to TinEye (a reverse image searcher?), then of course that graphic comes up in Holocaust denier sites.

You should've uploaded those individual photos and see where they show up.

Oh whoops. I forgot OP's image is Not I take that back. Anyways, I think this thread is improving from shit like

RUssians because they're stronger physically.

>Pre-1960

Safe to say the USSR would prevail, they had a larger army and the Warsaw Pact were on fairly equal terms with their NATO counterparts technology-wise.

>1961-1980

Harder to say, the USSR still has a massive Army the economy was strong enough that it could still support a war (albeit with great difficulty), but Leonid Brezhnev's leadership was increasingly poor and the Soviets were beginning to fall behind NATO in the technological arms race.

>1980-1991

I can say with confidence that NATO would have triumphed in a conventional war in the final decade of the Cold War, albeit at heavy cost. The Warsaw Pact was showing signs of disintegrating with a resurgence in anti-Russian sentiment among Soviet minorities (NATO could've exploited this through a reverse-Operation Gladio where they inflamed racial tensions within the USSR with false flag attacks). The Soviet economy was collapsing, corruption and infighting had become rampant.

On top of that, NATO now had a clear advantage in the arms race, most notably in the development of precision-guided weaponry, computers and communication, night fighting, and on the basic infantry level (the average Soviet soldier had a basic khaki uniform, helmet, and vest that had remained unchanged since the 1960s, his American counterpart on the other hand, having learned the lessons from Vietnam, had the M81 BDU, and state-of-the-art Kevlar PASGT vest and helmet, which offered superior protection and concealment).

youtube.com/watch?v=SCJz8n6nWWg

youtube.com/watch?v=9tSSYP9q_io

>Mauser K98

Yugoslav M48 is a copy of the K98 so that's not nearly as convincing to a /k/ommando

>Einatzgruppen
>Using the same gear as Waffen-SS

Easily the most retarded meme of all time.

Einatzgruppen as a subdivision of the SD were issued standard Feldgrau uniforms and caps, not super-operator camouflaged smocks. On top of, Einatzgruppen units were mostly staffed with Waffen-SS washouts so even the elite SS-Panzergrenadiers Weharaboos circlejerk to thought they were scum.

>Muh doctored photographs

I have literally never seen any of those of those photos at on a legitimate history/Holocaust website or anywhere outside of for that matter.

TL;DR You're a stupid fucking Kraut nigger and proof that the Allies' greatest mistake was allowing Germany to continue existing after WW2.

Without nukes the war against Japan continues on for some time.

If you look at any american military reports it's pretty obvious the US couldn't have done shit to stop a soviet invasion of europe.
The nature of a totalitarian state means they can spend as much money on their military as they want.