Just paid $3 in fees for buying $50 of ETH from Coinbase

Coinbase has quadrupled its fees.

Please stop sending newfags there.

Why am I buying from Coinbase instead of Gdax, you may ask? Because my account won't let me deposit more than $200 fucking dollars per week into my USD wallet on Coinbase until I buy $400 or so worth of coins from them to "prove I'm legit."

Fuck this fucking gay site. Stop sending people there.

The fees have been illegally pumped up ridiculously high and this was not disclosed by Coinbase. This is highly illegal and one of you should sue.

Do you want that or your door getting kicked in by the IRS and Jews?

I fucking hate Coinbase.

I also hate the markups on Localbitcoins though and BTC is too slow to transfer anyway.

Gemini hasn't accepted me yet and wire transfers have fees too. Sending money via USD wallet to Coinbase and from there to Gdax and buying with limit order is the only way to have 0% fees in the long run. But Coinbase is fucking me by making me pay ridiculous fees to increase my limits here to be able to do that. Fuck this.

You can use Coinbases exchange to limit on btc though

You might be able to do the same with ETH

Yeah I fucking know. That's not my point. It's getting USD into the system that I'm trying to increase.

I want to deposit more USD into my USD wallet. Doing that requires having a higher limit and Coinbase has made my limit $200 a week, which is fucking useless for the amount of money I want to deposit. Once it's in my USD wallet, I know how to buy on the exchange, etc.

Fuck BTC I never use that. Just use ETH. It's better in every way.

Does sending eth or btc back to my bank account have a high ass fee too? They are so fuckin jewish about their fees

>sending eth or btc to your bank account
???

No you morons.

You sell it on Gdax with them for 0% fee and send it to your bank for 0% fee but get raped by taxes doing that.

What is wrong with the people on this board??!!

it's like these new people come in by the millions daily what the fuck is even going on?!?

Gemini takes forever but i have some proof.

Where do you send it?

Why buy ETH instead of LTC on coinbase?

I'll gladly pay the fees if it keeps it from being another Mt Gox

Look I'm not here to fucking shill for ETH.

My point is that Coinbase jacked its fees up ridiculously high without telling anyone.

$3.00 for just a $50 purchase.

Does that not seem wrong to anybody else?!?!

3 dollar fees

On a coin that gain close too 200 a month in value

Thanks for the proof. I hope they get me in to.

I can't believe I signed up for every exchange and wallet out there except for this months ago and now when I actually need to put more money in, Gemini is the one I forgot to sign up for. Kicking myself now...

It's a fucking 6% fee and I still have to wait 6 days to get my money.

So I don't even get it instantly. 6% and it's not even instant.

I'm not saying I won't make money in the long run. No shit that's why I bought it at all.

I'm saying that 6% fee to wait 6 days for your money is fucking ridiculous.

I mean to cash out, and yes i know the cashout meme but sometimes you need some fiat irl

Again. Sell your coins on Gdax with limit order so 0% fee. Transfer USD from gdax to Coinbase wallet, also 0% fee. Cash out via ACH transfer for 0% fee. There you go.

There are far, far better options for avoiding taxes and cashing out though, but if you must use Coinbase that's the way to do it.

>using coinbase to trade
cmon, they've had the worst fees, they're just easy to use

No but see Coinbase is the only option for getting 0% fees. Absolutely 0%, not even maker/taker fees. You just have to wait a few days.

My problem is that my limits are so small on their website because I had a chargeback months ago that they never forgave me for.

So now I have to pay fees out the ass to have access again with no fees.

I fucking HATE Coinbase. But it is the only place with 0% fees IF you transfer to their USD wallet first, then to gdax, then use limit order on Gdax. Fuck them though this shit isn't worth it.

How do you send money to Coinbase instead of buying ETH directly?

Oy vey! Remember the three shekels!

How long did it take you to get your identity verified?. Signed up a few days ago but still waiting on mines...

They have "USD wallet" right next to the bitcoin and etherum wallet on the accounts tab.

How long does it take to get verified on Gemini these days??? Someone tell me, I'm dying from lack of ethereum.

Its nice having $5,000 daily buy limits and $10,000 daily withdrawal limits for coinbase/GDAX

Many thanks

This rocks.

Hmmm I paid $8 fees on a $500 purchase yesterday. That's weird.

>Be me
>Apply for Gemini months ago on a Thursday
>Friday morning not verified
>Email support
>You have my driver's license and bank statement what more you want
>We have a tremendous backlog
>I have 50 grand waiting to wire verify me right fucking now
>Y-yes sir
>Never deposited more than five grand
>Ended up making 50 grand anyway from ETH profits

Well that's my Gemini story

once you verify bank account with gemini you can ACH transfer to and from, no need for wires anymore (but wires don't have limits)

took me ~2 wks from when I registered to bank account verification

That actually works?

I think I'll send them an email.....

I just checked and it's only $2 USD fee for $50 worth of ETH.

There's also a $1.50 international transaction fee at my bank (not coinbases fault). So the total cost is $3.50 on $50.

>they don't take my bank
>can't add my bank until they verify me
>can't verify me until I add a bank

Alright

they take any bank. it'll be verified after the 1st wire deposit.