Adulthood is when you realize that actually Cadorna did nothing wrong

Adulthood is when you realize that actually Cadorna did nothing wrong

guess ive got some growing up to do

>killing it*lians
>bad

Hahaha that's a good one. Hold on a moment, I'm gonna write it down

Why do you think that. As far as I am aware, he was more tactical incompetent than Hitler, which is a prestation

Italy won the war.
Hitler lost.

Yeah, after they all surrendered to Americans.

wrong war, american

yeah but not under Cardona's leadership

Cadorna did 90% of the work
Caporetto wasn't his fault btw

>American education

>Caporetto wasn't his fault btw
except it was though. cadorna was basically an elitist aristocrat who though his peasant soldiers were expendable and undependable. his suspicion of his men's ability to fight led him to enact extremely rigid discipline which, when shattered at caporetto, nearly led to the total collapse of the front. then, instead of recognizing his and his commander's mistakes after caporetto, he instead starting screeching "muh communist infiltration" and started arresting soldiers. he was an incompetent shit

let me also say is that when a general takes such a view of one's soldiers, it is inevitable that this fatalism leaks down the chain of command and becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy because when you treat your men without respect they're going to get demoralized.

i've posted this in other cadorna threads but its worth doing so again to show the amount of belittlement italians received at the hands of their government. it's a miracle that they never even mutinied. thre french soldiers did so without so nearly as much authoritarianism.

that's some pretty shitty bait even for Veeky Forums

Real talk, why do people keep saying that Italy performed well when talking about their performance in WW1 outside of WW1's context? I've even seen people saying it had the strongest army out of all the nations on a couple sites. What, do they just wanna say Mussolini screwed them over in WW2?

I can think of 12 things he did wrong am I right or am I right

IT'S OVER, LUIGI

Get outta here with your "facts", what are we, a board that actually discusses history? People here just wanna shitpost about "muh italy sucks at war"
Seriously though thank you for your input
Italy performed poorly in WW1 due to the persistance of napoleonic-era tactics and a supreme command which was utterly out of touch with reality.
None with a half-functioning brain claims we had the strongest army at any point after the fall of the roman empire; but it IS true that mussolini still managed to screw us over. How? Well, for starters, he invested little in the navy. Mind you, the italian navy was among the best in the world at the time, but it lacked two critical things that mussolini failed to provide: technology (namely the radar, cue the disastrous defeat at cape matapan) and aircraft carriers. The next logical conclusion is that he didnt invest in aircrafts either, and that would also be true. But what about tanks? As you might have guessed, he did not care for those either. His motto was "we have 7 million rifles", it was not "we have X tanks", or "we have Y aircrafts". As it turns out though, ignoring all parts of an army save for infantry is not a good plan in the 20th century.