Tfw castles in videogames look like castles in modern times instead of being covered in plaster and painted as they...

>tfw castles in videogames look like castles in modern times instead of being covered in plaster and painted as they were in the middle ages

What triggers Veeky Forums in videogames?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ot4FgoEh8IU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They even managed to get a horned helmeted Viking on the cover of Aoe2.

I love the shit out of this game, but damn if they can't cut that shit out, once and for all.

I don't mind the black footsoldiers in bf1, but the German cavalry officer (the only one with the Pickelhaube) is black. That's just silly.

Is this the latest greek-statues-were-colored meme?

>What triggers Veeky Forums in videogames?
In Men of War the use of prototypes by as example the Imperial Japanese
I think balancing shouldn't mean symmetry, though I suppose it is easy that way

The Scots in Medieval total war also triggered me

Tbh giving japs various paper boats, planes, tanks and guns is the only way to make to have a fighting chance.

there are much worse things in bf1

seriously, expecting any historical accuracy from that thing would be like taking Baron Munchausen's stories seriously

>tfw a game that have vampires, zombies, demons and giant german scorpion mech in it is more accurate portrayal of ww1 than battlefield 1

That's a meme?

Same, the black sniper is ridiculous because he's in western front uniform.

>In Men of War the use of prototypes by as example the Imperial Japanese
The scenarios are fictional to begin with

It's more fun, that's for sure and it's not even trying to be accurate in any way.
If they aren't going to be accurate about a historical period might as well go crazy and add all sorts of fantasy elements.

The presence of Brits (who have the entire campaign revolve around them) while much more relevant French and equally relevant Russians arent in the game is by far the worst thing with BF1

Just stopping by the thread to say that game was fucking great. Prime example of good old linear shooter where you kill zombie germans and eventually become a demon lord yourself.

>I don't mind the black footsoldiers in bf1
Germany never employed black troops on the western front and Britain and the USA, who both have black troops on their team, never deployed them in mixed units. So you should mind if you care about the cavalry guy.

>The presence of Brits (who have the entire campaign revolve around them) while much more relevant French and equally relevant Russians arent in the game is by far the worst thing with BF1
The campaign doesn't revolve around the British.
There is a few missions where you play as a British tank crew. That's it.

In the prologue, you play as a Harlem hellfighter (who is for some reason wearing a british uniform, as is the entire US team in MP), and after that you play as the aforementioned British tanker, an Italian, a Bedouin, an American volunteer pilot, and an ANZAC

Every thread this butthurt frenchie turns up and cries about the british inclusion.

Fuck off its fine, the French were only just more relevant than the brits in ww1

Most normies expect historical accuracy and realism from battlefield because that's the way it has always been marketed.

Great. Now I've got to pirate AOE 1 and 2.

That's Stronghold Crusader though

Thanks. I'll grab that up as well.

>British tanker
British

>a Bedouin
Under British leadership

>and an ANZAC
Aka British army

Face it, this game violently overrepresents Britain while letting out much more important players

>s-surely he must be french

Fuck off, buttdevasted britbong with your irrational obsession with frogs
People from all over the world are angry to see anglo rewrite history

Man AoE2 factions were already so similar to each other at least let them make the special units look stereotypical.

>The Scots in Medieval total war also triggered me
Was it the fact that nearly all their foot soldiers wear tartan kilts?

There's a difference between inaccuracy and outright propaganda.

Inaccuracy in videogames tends to stem from either poor education of the developers or a deliberate inaccuracy for gameplay purposes. The former should be obvious, the latter is shit like equipping every Civil War soldier with a semi-auto rifle because the gameplay would be complete shit with a muzzle loader, or having those weird ass elephant cannons in Medieval 2 just because they're cool and fun to play with.

The thing Battlefield 1 did with those blacks is neither a result of poor reasearch nor a gameplay move, it's completely ideological for the sake of "diversity", as explicitly mentioned by the authors.

I'm in the screencap

>The presence of Brits
giving away you being an /int/poster there tbqh

How does it feel brother

I wonder how the press would had reacted if they had gone with ww2 setting used hitler's arab legion as an excuse to fill the SS with blacks and middle-easterners. Probably would had at least 2 weeks of certain demographics screaming about muh racism and islamophobia.

>mail is the weakest tier of armor, only just having more defense rating than plain clothes

>leather armour
It did exist but it wasn't as common as video games would have you believe. And they justify using it because it's light so elves and rogue characters can use it, even though some chain mail and a padded jacket is pretty light as well.

>actual history is a meme

WW2 is actually the polar opposite of this shit. There were Russians, Ukrainians, Poles, Spaniards, Belgians, Swedes, Dutchmen, Frenchmen, Arabs, Turks, Chechens, Tatars, Slovaks, Czechs, Hungarians, Italians and all kinds of other shit fighting for Germany. I'm not just talking about fellow Axis allies, but about the SS and even Wehrmacht. Yet in the movies and the games they're all just German. It's kind of weird when everyone in the entertainment media has to be ethnically diverse, except for the Nazis who have to be homogenous.

Organized Defensive Coalitions in CK2. Fucking Paradox, if you don't want people blobbing make it harder to to get causus beli.

How does that surprise you? Right side of history people don't want to admit that the bad guys were diverse too. That would challenge the narrative of diveristy being inherently morally good.

>Plate can be worn anywhere at all times
(Technically could but still)
>all armor ends with mail; plate mail, scale mail, ring mail
>over sized weapons

Why is it that this is the one historical innacuracy that everyone hates bf1 for

AC: Brotherhood
>The heaviest ON FOOT enemies wear frogmouth helms and jousting armor
>Then the Swiss guard and their suspicious lack of pikes
Don't even get me started on the assassin robes

>beli

when people use words they have never read...

>EVERY SINGLE GAME about WW2 that isn't an autism simulator is somehow involving super secret Wunderwaffen or Nazi occultists digging up King Tut and turning into zombies or some shit

Wait who is the flying pilot convict?

>Heroes Over Europe

Rewrites history by making the Germans seem especially evil by sending fighters over burning London to shoot up the fire trucks, having a solitary Swordfish torpedo plane win the Channel Dash by sinking all three German warships, and having a mission during the Ardennes offensive where you have to intercept incoming V-1s.

On the other hand it has a mission where you carry out the troll raid on Berlin with a Mosquito and another where you defend bombers from captured B-17s infiltrating the formation, both of which did happen. Screw it, I had fun with the game.

What triggers me is all these WW2 flying combat games that replace the swastika with black crosses cuz "muh political correctness".

Amusingly, the Waffen-SS was the most diverse fight force in history, aside from maybe the French Foreign Legion.

because it's a white man's war being portrayed as being fought by blacks when in reality a relatively small number of them fought in an insignificant theater that isn't even in the game

and it's justified

I would be pissed if they made a 3 kingdoms movie and every piece of advertising featured a white guy and 1 out of every 6 extra were white

Because my great grandfather fought on the Galician front and now some Swedish cucks are honoring his legacy by portraying WW1 as a war between black Americans, black Germans and muslim women.

>muzzle loaders are boring.
Neck yourself

Because the majority of us didn't play the game and this is the thing that jumps out the most.
Also because people are getting real sick of the far leftist racial dogma that led to it.

>Eastern European, Middle Eastern, or North African province
>Is enormous and carves out a huge impassable and uninhabitable chunk of tunda or desert

I never played a multiplayer game and hopefully never will.

Ottomans allying with the Russians

>The edge! BEWARE THE EDGE!!!!

video games are fiction though

anyone have a picture of how a painted castle might look?

I once did this in EU 4 to attack the polish commonwealth from two sides.

All the eurocentrism in games in general triggers me really bad; but especifically, the fact that in europa universalis i cant colonize europeans got me mad.

The American volunteer pilot, who I mentioned.

just like you and me huh

>autism

Most lords painted prts of their castle in pink

>eurocentrism
Most developers are European or American. Why is nobody crying about Sinocentrism or some shit in Chinese media? Or Arabocentrism in the Middle East? I actually read an article on some cucked website bitching that Witcher 3 doesn't have any colored people. The nerve Europeans have to base their games on Europe!

BOY I SURE DO LOVE VIDEO GAYMES

HEHEH GET IT

VIDEO GAYMES
VIDEO G A Y M E S
G A Y M E S
G A Y

IM A PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE LGBT MOVEMENT AND I VOTE FOR BERNIE SANDERS XD XD XD XD XD TRUMP IS THE SECOND COMING OF HITLER :( :( :( :( :(

VIVA LA SANDERS

VIVA LA TRUDEAU

SPEAKING OF TRUDEAU……….

*puts on le epic monocle and le goodsir tophat* ahhh yes m’lady, do you smell that high quality weed 30 miles away?
if you must know, it is 4:20 right now, and if you are ignorant of internet memes, it is such time that we must partake in the activity of marijuana-smoking
ahhhhhhhhhh yessssssssssssssssss……………………….. *gets high*
dear me, this joyous moment should be regarded as one of the most epic gaming moments, don’t you agree m’lady? *tips tophat*

DID SOMEONE JUST SAY

EPIC
GAYMING
MOMENTS

EPIC GAYMING MOMENTS
E P I C G A Y M I N G M O M E N T S

CHECK THIS OUT BROS XD XD XD XD XD

sign me the FUCK up good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats some goodshit rightth ere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

LIKE THIS IF UR A TRUE GAYMURR XD XD XD XD XD IF NOT UR A FAKE :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I made a typo lad. Shit, the word phrase "Causus belli" is written all over the place in every single Paradox game.

> the fact that in europa universalis i cant colonize europeans got me mad.

Why would this get you mad? In the time period portrayed, what non-european power had the capacity to move large numbers of civilians to distant locations?

>giving Romans Australian accents for some reason

>Not making Romans speak Latin or at the very least have Italian accents

Probably whichever faction the player is controlling I assume.

Are you autistic?

Europe wasn't only white people though.

Except for Andalusia (Moors) and the Balkans (Turks), it pretty much was.

My point was that minorities still existed. They were minorities (duh), but they were there alright. Also any mediterranean bordering country was bound to have brown people on it

The only "minorities" that existed north of the Mediterranean countries were some Jews and Gypsies and both of them were extremely low in numbers. Europe was pretty much 99% white.

honestly I would refuse to buy any game portraying Rome with Italian accents for sheer annoyance alone, Italian is top 5 on my list of most annoying sounds on the planet

>expecting any historical accuracy from that thing would be like taking Baron Munchausen's stories seriously
>implying Baron von Munchausen wasn't a historical character later covered up by Horatio Jackson

Look at this faggot and laugh

>Call of Duty is an autism simulator

are those arabs on the right?

It's an autism producer

The file name says Reconstruction of the temple of Jerusalem. The figures on the right are consistent with how foreigners or ancient people are portrayed. Namely "They're like us, only they wear silly hats and have big beards".

With the exception of Crusader Kings: every game has failed to recreate Medieval Middle East.

Largely because cunts keep on thinking along the lines of "countries" like "Kindgom of France" or "Kingdom of England" while in the ME, the collapse of the Abbasids, the creation of shitloads states by Turkic warlords, and the Fatimid revolution meant the middle east was a mess of shitloads of principalities and a few big "empires" like Fatimid/Mamluk Egypt.

Except how do games solve show this?
>MIITW
UUUH EGYPT AND THEN...DA TURKS??
>Age of Empires series
UUUH SARACENS...TURKS.

Like everyone just becomes lazy or (I think this is the case) confused in depicting the Middle East.

OH and how everyone is fucking Arabic. Holy shit, most rulers the Crusaders faced were Turkic. Very few were ever Arabic or Kurdish. No Arab ruler would hold sway in the middle east between the decline of the Abbasids until the decline of the Ottoman Empire.

Forgot pic

Depends on the game user. Besides nobody would fucking paint the outside wall.