THIS THREAD HAS SUBSTANCE - Veeky Forums Ark pool 90% payout to voters

First off you should know:
YOU CAN GET PAID BY HELPING US. THERE IS NOTHING TO RISK AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN BY HELPING US WITH OUR GOAL. (ARK CURRENTLY IS WORTH ABOUT $1.00 USD)

WHAT IS GOING ON?
If you don't already know, ARK is one of the unique cryptos to use DPoS which is Delegated Proof of Stake, In the case of Ark it works like this:
>in the Ark world there are only 51 machines that create new Ark
>they are called delegates
>who these top 51 delegates are is changing all the time
>because people vote for who they want to be a delegate
>there are a bunch of delegates (anyone can register to become a delegate)
>people vote for these delegates with how much money is in their wallet
here's where it gets dank as hell
>anyone can unvote at anytime and change to another delegate
>delegates often pool their Ark earnings with the voters
>yes you can get paid with Ark by voting for delegates
>Veeky Forums has created their own delegate with 90% payout and is currently in rank #54 or 53

PERSPECTIVE: About $430,000 of Ark has been raised by Veeky Forumsnessmen since the night of June 6th.
THE MISSION: GET THE BIZ DELEGATE TO A TOP 51 POSITION SO WE ALL GET PAID.

if you want more information check these links

How to vote: blog.ark.io/how-to-vote-or-un-vote-an-ark-delegate-and-how-does-it-all-work-819c5439da68
Delegated PoS: blog.ark.io/dpos-and-ark-voting-explained-68596a171ca1
Whitepaper: ark.io/whitepaper/
Veeky ForumsArkDelegate Discord: discord.gg/hVqHFat
Official Ark Devs/community Slack: ark.io/join-ark-slack/
Current delegate rank standings: arknode.net/VoteReport.txt
First three bizarkpool threads:
archive.is/Cwhch
archive.is/51wz3
archive.is/CXt4g

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.io/
gyazo.com/77f0c1d1f55d86b841244c2d8a0f406e
github.com/ethereum/mist/releases/download/v0.8.10/Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-10.zip
discord.gg/ebBQyuD
discord.gg/hVqHFat
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How to vote image

What's stopping me for voting for a delegate already in the top 51 and make gains immediately instead of waiting for the biz pool to reach one of those spots?

Yes, when you vote you can increase your wallet funds later and it will add to your voting value.

Our payout will be higher than the current ones.

based delegate

Don't be a jew. We'll never get there unless some whale does us a favor.

Nothing. Go for it. But the faster the delegate gets into the top 51, the faster you'd be getting better payouts.

>oh no i will have to wait 1 whole month and lose 1 ark for supporting the good cause

>implying its going to take a month when we're already over halfway there in three days

Contributing 4513 ARK. Hope we make it.

+1 vote from AHyGYLEiLxTcb36Cr6FhGHR21TxTZPUK2T

how much does this cost?
how much does this make?
how long would it take?

t. holding 4678 ARK

costs 1 ark to vote for anyone, your payout depends on how your % in the pool, the more you hold the more you make, payout will be weekly

how much ark is paid out to the lowest delegate?

Costs 1 ark to vote, with 4678 ark you'd be making about 1.7 arks/day once we're forging, you're free to take your arks out of your wallet whenever you want but you would of course stop getting gains when you took them out(or get smaller gains if you take a portion out)

It costs 1 ark to vote. Your remaining 4677 is how many votes you are providing. That money is yours to keep. As long as it's in your wallet with which you voted, it counts as votes.
It makes about 12% per year.
We could be reaching rank 51 in a couple of weeks, faster with wales.

>couple of weeks
We've been getting more than 100k ark/day, at this rate it should only be a few more days.

alright, i'll try it. how long does it take to download the ark blockchain? my internet is shite.

When I re open the ARK wallet program, and go to votes, it doesnt list the delegate! But I already voted once as shown by my -1 ark transaction. am I still ok?

Took me around 10 minutes and my internet is garbage as well.

Newcoiner here, liked the ark whitepaper. Bought 500 arks and joined biz.

Not a huge investment, but I figure I shouldn't throw huge money around while I'm learning crypto.

quick question, does voter staking require the ARK client to be open or does the delegate handle PoS + divvying out earnings?

Post your address
don't need to keep the client open

all you have to do is vote and have eth in your wallet

press add delegate and type this: biz

Wait what? Why do you need to have eth in your wallet?

It depends on how much they hold relative to the size of the node. A minimum amount to hold until payment hasn't been decided AFAIK.

i think he meant ARK?

woops i meant ark

How to download Ark Wallet?

speaking of eth wallet, and this might not be the right place:
i downloaded eth wallet, and moved some eth into the "main account" wallet that was already set up for me. when i moved eth into the "main account' wallet, it says there is a password to move eth out!

help am stuck

Other groups are also getting more and more ark. biz slid down one position from yesterday, for instance.

ark.io/

That's a brand new group and essentially irrelevant as we had figured we'd need mid 800s to be secure. That node does not change things really.

Can you break it down as if I was a total newfag retard? Where on the site?

Seems to me that Nearly everyone below 51 stay pretty stagnate

it has a big red "download desktop wallet" on the front there

The big red button that says download desktop wallet.

i already did that the other day, heres what shows up in my transaction

oh nvm, it just didnt update. the vote is still there for biz. Rank 53. carry on lads

see
Does this help?

use the passphrase that was generated when you first made the wallet
was it parity?

thanks for your support user, no brakes

bbclubark started up today and is number 51 now. Also not sure what the fuck happened with heliohash, that was number 1 and is now down to 53.

I wanna drop $5k on ARK but my Coinbase account isn't allowing instant transfers. What's the fastest way to get on this train?

Because less Ark in the delegate pool means higher returns for you, especially with a 90% payout. Only the top pools with over a million Ark have that high a payout

Besides, you can change your vote whenever for 1 Ark so it's not even a big deal.

Thanks ArkBros

Going to vote with 12,000 Ark when I get home.

OP should consider making a post on the Ark subreddit as well

gyazo.com/77f0c1d1f55d86b841244c2d8a0f406e

weird i try and screencap this but it only shows black
>use the passphrase that was generated when you first made the wallet
i don't remember it generating it, or asking for one. i think it's mist.

got it from:
github.com/ethereum/mist/releases/download/v0.8.10/Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-10.zip

Seriously, heliohash dropped 1 million ark since a few hours ago, is someone cashing out or something?

You just know that the whales in those top 20 delegate spots are the same ones running the bot buy/sell orders on Bittrex.

I can't blame them though, if they have a ton in the staking pools it's literal free money

happened like 10 mins ago, maybe a 1 million ark holder just pulled out or something

Posted this in the other thread. I've reported the bot and am waiting a reply from the admins. Might take a while though.

Good job user. Hopefully they look into it

Bittrex is pretty good at customer service so you'll probably get a reply

i brought it to their attention on the support IRC as well.

Thanks. It's late so I'm going to bed but if they manage to sort it out I'm sure you'll know. If they don't, just keep holding and don't surrender to the dumb bot.

By the way I've been reading and apparently one issue is voters flipping their votes to different nodes when a payout is about to occur. Is there a way that you could work around this?

Unless the payout for the actors is more than 2 ark, they're losing out. I guess only if you have tons of small holders can you really work around it though.

Recording shares on a per-block basis would be pretty trivial to implement at the cost of some extra storage.

No, I mean say we're about to have a payout and we've had around 850k all week. Then just before payout some whales with 500k jump in. Wouldn't the way the current automated program works reward them as if they'd been voting for our node for the entire week even if they'd only been voting for it for a couple hours?

should be time dependent
if you're in for 100% of the time, 100% of the payout
50% of the time, 50% of the payout
etc

DISCORD FOR NEWCOMERS WHO NEED HELP OR HAVE QUESTIONS:

discord.gg/ebBQyuD

Yeah, that's how it should work but is that how it actually works?

no clue brah

That's a good question for the slack

That's exactly what we have as well. A shitton of people. This pool soon won't have to rely on induvidual wallet balances either.

Slack won't know what program the node owner is using.
Could you implement this?

Ah. I don't know for sure how it works but I would think that votes are compounded over time, so if you have 1k votes for half a week, 5k for the other half, you'd be rewarded the same as if you had 3k all week? I'd like to know the details for sure, too.

NOW THIS Guy hAS THE right idea

pls gib examples

I don't think that's how it actually works though. The reason that I think it doesn't is because when browsing the node proposals multiple node owners were talking about using variable reward schedules to mitigate vote hoppers. Also because of watching the top rankings jump around in the top 51.

If the delegate isn't showing up in your wallet, just check if you're on the voter list for the biz delegate. If you are, you're good.

This is a damn fine point and I just asked the Ark Slack about it, will post results.

Could just still have weekly payouts but make the payout day a random day each 7 day period.

Hey guys, I just want to let anyone who is feeling a little skeptical here know that I felt the same way too at first. This sounds too good to be true and I really don't want to trust some Veeky Forumstards with my money. Then I realized that the ARK client you download comes directly off the ARK website, so if anybody were to be scamming you it would be ARK, and not Veeky Forums. I was also worried about not getting paid out by a potentially greedy delegate, but then I found out we can unvote and he would be left without any votes, thus removing him from the top 51. Also, your ARK is safer when you store it in the ARK client as opposed to an exchange. Just make sure you store your passphrase in a few secure places (on a pieces of paper or something, tucked away with your SSN). The only cost to this is the 1 ARK to vote and .1 ARK in transaction fees. Come join your bizbros user, and together we will rise to the top

Yeah, what's great about the Veeky Forums delegate is that rather than a group shilling their p&d coin here at the expensive of other Veeky Forums users, if we can achieve rank 51 or above, it's going to be consistent gains for everyone.

I'm in !

'eyyyyyy
i'm retarded
but thankfully not retarded enough to not save my password somewhere
since you pointed that out, you reminded me where i saved my password at
i had 40 eth in that bitch, so i'm greatful
send me ur eth or ark address

>pic related

So it sounds like arky's next version would address this concern but in the meantime we would be vulnerable to this.

Is arky what you're using or something else?

(wasn't kidding)

I use Arky for split payout yes

I'm going to buy more to add to my wallet. But do any of you think it will dip below a dollar?

join the discord if you want more opinions in less time

discord.gg/hVqHFat

thanks /myguy/

0x00FEF499B2624cE9b1526ffb6c37DEc77Da6Eb0F

>almost lost 40 eth

i know what bot is doing it.

it's from a site. traderdaddy.com

there's multiple people using it against ark currently.

fucking tell me about it
that's an ETH address, right?

yerp

based user doing damn good detective work

i find it disgusting that the bot supposedly "trades the swings" but in reality it creates the swings and fucks people over.

always worth checking

also, sent ;)

missfire'd

>actually sent me money
absolute madman

kek wills it
no shit i spent 2 weeks being fucking angry about this shit
inadvertently you helped and free'd my 40 eth that i worried i had lost forever
thank you

Can someone cool DDoS this piece of shit website?

I just saved your pic related and am emailing Bittrex right now. This is fucking ridiculous.

good luck. that conversation was on the bittrex support IRC that has bittrex people in it. nobody is going to do shit about it.