Can we have a thread for pics of historical cities? Mainly European(Italian)...

Can we have a thread for pics of historical cities? Mainly European(Italian). I'm making an rpg set in a medieval city I need some inspiration

Other urls found in this thread:

alamy.com/stock-photo/calabria-castle-italy-pizzo.html
commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Braun_&_Hogenberg?uselang=de
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's all I got for now

Veeky Forums Horus Heresy General reporting in.

European cities are boring, uninspiring an unaesthetic.

Thought it was historical cities, not fucking video games

It looks like a real medieval city, that's all that matters, I'm making a video game city. Stop being such a fag
So why are you posting here then?
This is great thank you. The city I'm making is a mix of Florence and Venice, with a more hilly green half connected to a floating canal city

Kinda related. If you're interested in South Italy, Pizzo is a quintessential Southern Italian seatown as well as being ancient.

alamy.com/stock-photo/calabria-castle-italy-pizzo.html

It doesn't look that different than it did hundreds of years ago.

Thanks user I'll check that out

There are plenty of cool maps and data from Paris, I use it as a city in a campaign at the moment.

there's also another half of the mural. thats why the whole thing is called "the effects of good government in the city and the country"

Interesting, this will help making the outskirts of the city

the mural on the opposite side "effects of bad government" is not in as good shape but there are still remains a good portion of of the countryside mural and patches of the city part if you're interested. I'll try to find some pictures OP because i love medieval city pictures

That'll be great user, I love medieval cities too, how cramped and windy they are with huge cathedrals towing over everything, that's why I'm making the game lol

LA GLORIOSA VILLA DE CUENCA

BURGOS LA CABEZA DE CASTILLA

TOLEDO LA CIUDAD IMPERIAL

AVILA la CIUDAD AMURALLAS

more medieval gore :^)

that castle looks awesome, possibly haunted... where is it?

Some Asian cities

I don't know exactly but it's somewhere in France

I guess that's where they got the inspiration from in witcher 3

I thought it's common knowledge Novigrad is basically Danzig + Amsterdam rolled into one.

*blocks your path*

now for some macabre stuff

It's just a really well done video game city. They made it at just the right size where out feels like a real breathing city, but small enough where you can travel across it for quests without it being a chore. I probably spent a few hours just taking screenshots of different streets

>It's just a really well done video game city. They made it at just the right size where out feels like a real breathing city, but small enough where you can travel across it for quests without it being a chore. I probably spent a few hours just taking screenshots of different streets

woops didn't mean to quote you there user

>nothing personnel kid

WItcher despite being a fantasy game actually creates a more believable and authentic medieval world than actual medieval games, let alone games like Skyrim and Oblivion that are straight dogshit in comparison.

this one's well known. you can get color picture of this easily but the black and white helps you focus on whats happening and the setting

If you've played skyrim, you would know how tiny the cities are. It really pissed me off so I've been working in my own city completely separate from the lore, kind of its own game(like Endaral or whatever it's called) it's about the size of the whole whiterun hold with a main quests that has you working with different families competing for power and with some side quests. It mainly focuses on dialogue, make the wrong choices and you'll fail. I'll release it sometime this year

See

sounds awesome. i never played skyrim that much to remember that stuff. you should post pics of the city here when you're done

Skyrim is a straight up bad game that only got hyped because of brand and marketing. Tiny ass cities, fetch me quests, consolized controls and leveling, absolutely atrocious writing and every dungeon is just a crypt packed with draugir.

Thanks user, yea I'm gonna post a lot of pics when I'm done the one I linked is a really old picture when I was just figuring out the layout of the city but it's all I got on my phone. I've been using the interior assets to make my own architecture
I agree but with the creation kit it had such a good base to make whatever you want, and since I'm obsessed with old European cities it gives me an engine to make my one

y'all bitch niggas don't even live in stars

There you go, you filthy animal

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Braun_&_Hogenberg?uselang=de

Cagliari (1572)

back with some new finds