So for those familiar with mining, could I tap you for some help? I just got started with my Rx 480...

So for those familiar with mining, could I tap you for some help? I just got started with my Rx 480, to begin pool mining some ETH (later I'm going to dual mine for Sia Coin as well), and finally got things workings but my hash rate is only hovering in the 24 MH/s whereas I see others with similar cares pull in 124 MH/s.

What can I do to boost my hashrate to that level?

I'm using:
-Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v6.1 Beta
-AMD 17.4.4 firmware
-32gb of Ram

Thanks for the help!

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/USED-MSI-GAMING-X-RX480-8GB-/282518949150?hash=item41c7710d1e:g:zt0AAOSwRXRZPDp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rx480 is the hiz for eth mining from everthing I have read. I just spent half day driving to every besy buy and electronics store within 50 miles trying to find any, they are all like "geee force is better", rx 470/80 is last year, why do you want that?

>24 MH/s
Not sure where you've seen reports of 100+ but you're around where you should be. Most mining charts that I've seen list the rx 480 right around there.

you're not going to get 124 MHs with a 480. I don't know where the fuck you got that idea from.

Get the right drivers first of all. Specific driver versions from AMD help integer calculations and can give you a 15-20% boost.
If you're good, flash the bios for the right voltage. You might fry your rig if you dont know what youre right.

>Sia Coin
Forget the memes. All in on ethereum till it switches to proof of stake. By that time if you dont have enough to open your own stake node and recieve perpetual passive income youll be out of the game.

>Rx 480
HOW THE FUCK DID YOU FIND ONE!?

Tell me where they are in stock!

Funny thing is that I have one sitting on my desk that I somehow bricked while trying to mine. Now its not detected by my computer.

I was lucky I guess, I picked this up on Craigslist for $350 basically new because a guy wanted to change up his gaming rig and swtich to Nvidia. This was before I got into mining, now I'm trying to figure out how to best use it. It's just a single card so I don't expect much out of i.

>By that time if you dont have enough to open your own stake node and recieve perpetual passive income youll be out of the game
That's what my hope is, I like Sia for the technology and if I can get another couple hundred on the side I won't complain.

ebay.com/itm/USED-MSI-GAMING-X-RX480-8GB-/282518949150?hash=item41c7710d1e:g:zt0AAOSwRXRZPDp0

Here's a used one if you are interested.

>$350
>lucky
So you paid 2x the retail price for a used card.

my r9 fury can pull 30-32 MH/s, thats overclocked

I think the 7990 is the best miner atm, but the fury x is the next best option

might be worth waiting for vega, but when that comes out, eth is probably in its pos-pow transition phase

I've asked this in two different threads and they always 404 so let me see if I can brick this thread as well.

>for a 2 1080ti rig, would it be more productive to mine in a Nicehash pool or mine Zcash?

Just dipping my toes in and getting 18 bucks at least per day seems like fun.

Welp, sorry I killed the thread bois

You get around 24.6 MH/s PER rx480

Those people around 124 are usually running 6 of them per rig, guess you skipped through a lot of words

That makes more sense, probably for the best as I don't want to overclock my card just yet. I don't know too much about that kind of stuff and I don't want to fry it.

I can only venture a guess, but mining things yourself is probably not worth it because of how many other people are in the same mindset. Might as well sell your extra hashing power and take advantage of the system while it's still PoW instead of PoS. Just my two cents though.

Isnt rx 580 better than 480?

Marginally. They are now due to cost differentiation but when they both were abundant, the 470 was preferred due to cost. Now it's get what you can find.

24 on ETH is fine! even best overclocked bios modified ones can get up to 27-28'ish.... but that rape of card literally.

such bios timing mods can brick card cause there is actually several versions of 480 cores that has different speed steps and they use different types of memory.

Be careful with card. Don't let them overheat.

Lots of rx 480/470 died just like gtx 480 and 8800 from nvidia cause of crappy BGA connection. If memory overheats.... some cards starts to drip some sort of "oil" from heat-transmitting pads. So be careful with undervolting. Even if graphical processor will be cool - memory NEEDS good rpms on fans for cooling.

Nicehash's ability to choose what algo to use is the most attractive feature, really. I think I'll use it at least for the 100 days it'll take to pay off the rig.

Irony being the 470 was vastly better performance than the nvidia offering at its price point

Then mining scum jack the prices sky high buying every AMD card on the market for muh hashish

They are out of production, 580 is the current model.

Hell, the fact that I'm paid in BTC, a commodity that is ever increasing in value, may just be the easiest, cleanest option.

>Another question to the group:

With the dirth of cards and motherboards, what kind of 1070 setups are available?

After rig 1 pays itself off I may use its profits on a larger GPU 1070 rig.

grew out of gayming, have my unused desktop sitting here with an r9 390

Is it really worth it to get into mining? If anything I'm still interested in the experience and learning more about how it works.

Mostly I'm concerned about how are you guaranteed to get blocks to mine and how guaranteed is it that you successfully mine a block and get paid out for it?

Been googling a lot but where can I find more resources concerning gpu hash rates and efficiency and comparing different coins to be mined?

OP
Depending on the memory you can get up to 31m-32mh/s with a rx480, check with gpu-z which memory type you have, samsung - best, anything else still good. Mod your bios using polaris bios editor, dump your bios with gpu-z, open using PBE, if you have samsung memory copy straps from 1750 to 2000, if any other memory type copy from 1500 to 1750 and 2000. Flash the card using atiwinflash, reboot. Now your modded card should do anywhere from 27-32mh/s depending on memory type and luck with overclocking. If anything is confusing from above, google and lurk you'll find all the information you need.

As for software, upgrade your claymore to newest version is 9.5 and has better speed than older versions and faster dcr mining.

I just picked up 3 rx570s for msrp. You gotta talk to the people that do inventory and make sure they call you and set them aside when they come in

So thats current payout of eth at 30mh?
I might build a 100 mh rig instead of a 1mh on z cash. Have all the stuff just need to software