Was Malthus right? Is chaos and death the only way to control population...

Was Malthus right? Is chaos and death the only way to control population? Are states like Kerala and phenomenons like the birth dearth just temporary anomalies?

>we need chaos and death to prevent overpopulation, which would cause chaos and death

Seems like a doctor killing the patient because they might get sick.

I mean my oversimplification doesn't quite compare to Malthus's actual justification for it

Well, Malthusian economics seems more predictive than prescriptive if I've been paying proper attention to it.

he was right about the diminishing returns law. But his model of growth is today irrelevant. He wrote at a time when innovation was just starting to become a factor in the capacity of productions.

This. Malthus lived in a world before mass-industrialisation. His theories couldn't take into effect the increases in technology, efficiency, resource management, and resource extraction that the world has since witnessed. If you'd told him that his home country would be home to 70 million people with a relatively hih standard of living he would have flipped his lid.

>high standard of living

>flooded with illegal immigrants
>has so many Muslims some areas are run by Sharia law and some Muslim communities even think England is a Muslim nation
>economy in the shitter as England brought back slave labor for people on benefits and selling off the NHS
>chavs everywhere
>still living under a monarchy in 2017
>people so lazy they import Poles to do manual labor jobs

Yeah, no. By no stretch of the imagination is England anything but a complete and utter disgrace and pox upon humanity.

>Buying in to pol propaganda this fucking hard

Wow bud might want to leave your house every once and a while

Isn't this the dude that figured out natural selection before Darwin?

I had to write a paper on him in college.

>relatively

And to throw Ol' Malthus a bone, I'll say that there are plenty of third-world countries that have fallen into his trap. God, imagine being born in Bangladesh.

Nice refutation. You sure showed me I was wrong!

>Rothertham sex gangs were allowed to continue doing what they did because the cops were too scared to be called racist
>A man was literally arrested for singing Kung Fu fighting when Asians complained
>Scotland Yard went on Twitter and said they would be watching what people said online
>CCTVs up everyone's ass so hard it would make Big Brother blush

Your country is inbred, barbaric, and detestable. Nobody fucking likes you fucking apes. You had your glory days, and it's a mystery how you went from being respectable to whatever the fuck it is you cretins are now. Did all your real men leave or die?

Bangladesh is pretty okay for its situation.

Whenever I think of Bangladesh I just picture a thousand peoplle who all look the same sitting on top of a train. 168,000,000 people in a country the size of Ireland. It's basically India without any pretense of future hope and relevancy.

I'm from Utah kek relax pal

I'm not saying there isn't some shit going on, but you said conditions are somehow worse than they ever have been with is just objectively false by almost any metric.

They are. At least for England. The only way they could get any worse would be to be Somalia tier or North Korea. In comparison to the other western nations, England is garbage fire tier. It's about as bad as it can get and still be considered a civilized society.

Yeah but you just know they'll do something spectacular somehow.

Malthus is right, the earth has a carry capacity and the petrol is drying up, if the green movement had any balls about actually sustaining the biosphere they'd be demanding for mandatory sterilization and mass population culling instead of demanding Starbucks stopped putting plastic tops on its cups.

England isn't England anymore tho. Only the countryside still is England as we know it.

I, for one, welcome our new Bangladeshi overlords.

>They are. At least for England.

No they're not, and you would know this if you actually went to the places where those migrants were coming from.

That's more like a brief exception to the rule